IBS/After Gallbladder removal
I want to know why so many people develop IBS after Gallbladder removal? I did not have any problems until then. I suffered with IBS for years until my Gastro doctor put me on Welchol and it is wonderful I take 3 pills a day and I can get anything I want and I don't have any IBS episodes anymore. I am not afraid to go out anywhere anymore. But I have another problem. I have just been diagnosed with Clostridium Difficile Colitis, it is from me taking the antibiotic Clindamycin after having oral surgery, it was prescribed by my oral surgeon, but I never knew this could happen. I have had severe cramps and mucus/watery pinkish/orange diarrhea for a week. I thought it was some kind of virus I picked up. Now I am on the antibiotic Vancocin HCL and Cholestyram for the diarrhea. But I will say I was taking the Cholestyram for my IBS until my Gastro gave me Welchol...Long term use of Cholestyram has effects on your teeth, it breaks down the enamel and makes them brittel. I have had so much dental work because of that medication. For all of you out there with IBS ask your Gastro dr about Welchol it is wonderful.

This discussion is related to Why does so many have problems after gallbladder surgery?.
People don't develop IBS after GB surgery, they end up with bile 'dumping' - uncontrolled bile release - into the duodenum that irritates the bowel and causes the diarrhea. For some reason docs end up telling their patients that its IBS and it's not.

The resin is helpful to a lot of people, but it does have a lot of drawbacks such as the effects on the teeth.
You need to get the C-diff under control before you worry about anything else. It is very serious and can cause a lot of the things you are experiencing. It is also very hard to get rid of. People often re-infect themselves since the spores can live on environmental surfaces for months. I didn't now I had C-diff for several months since I thought it was a flair of my Crohn's.
As far as IBS after GB removal, I agree with CalGal. Bile acid malabsorption. The binder you're taking should be helping that. Ever since I got my gall bladder out I have had to be careful about fat. I now eat smaller, more frequent meals that are low in fat.
I HAD MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED IN DEC OF 09 I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS EVERY SENSE. everything I EAT COMES RIGHT BACK OUT. SOMETIMES I HAVE TO GO WHILE IA M EATING. NOW I HAVE TO HAVE A COLONOSCOPY. I AM SCARED SOMETHING IS MAJORLY WRONG. MY FATHER HAD CHORNES AND HE DIED. I AM ALREADY A SMALL PERSON. I WAS 118 WHEN I HAD MY SUGARY NOW I AM DOWN TO 107. I CANT LOOSE ANY MORE WEIGHT. ANY THOUGHTS?
I just my surgery on Monday, 4 days ago and so far I have eaten anything I wanted and haven't had a problem.

I agree about the IBS, GB surgery does not cause it. But, I am convince it is the catch-all diagnosis for when they can't figure out what is wrong. I was told for 20 years that I had IBS, even though I had no bowel dysfunction and pain in the wrong area (URQ). I finally got a GI to run a HIDA Scan and found out my GB didn't work.

Getting a surgeon to remove my GB since I had no stones was a problem. Even with an ejection factor of 15%, they hesitated.

Reta
I had my gall bladder removed about 4 years ago and I've had diarrhea ever since.  I didn't have this problem until they removed my gall bladder.  It started about 2 months after the surgery.  I've done had a colonoscopy but they found nothing. I just want to be able to go out and eat what I want and not have to worry.  They gave me some chorlestine, but after a while that just make you not be able to go at all.