Gastroenterology Community
Pooping wayyy too much.

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Pooping wayyy too much.

Hello, i am 18 years old and been struggling with a weird problem that doctors just toss around and have diagnosis for.
I have an abnormal digestive track, that every morning i poop about 6 times. Its been like since i was about 10 or 11. If I wake up too early I sometimes have diarrhea. My stools are mostly solid and it is a lot.  The doctor said it could me IBS but i go A LOT.  I dont struggle to pass a stool or anything. Its ruining my life and i am desperate for a cure or relief.
Thank you
Hi. Some things that come to mind are Celiac Disease, which is intolerance to wheat gluten. Maladsorption, which means your body is not absorbing nutrients and the food is passing through mostly undigested.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease, which is autoimmune and means your colon is imflammed and develop sores.

Have they done a colonoscopy? Many disorders of the gut can be sorted out with this test.
God Bless!
how much and what are you EATING?
Ive been on the glutten free diet but it had no effect.
I was interested in the maladsorption because that would explain a lot.
I eat normal amounts of food but seems like I poop more than what i am putting in. But i am pretty healthy and well nourished, besides this problem i have.  I will try anything.
Thank you so much for the response. I appreciate it greatly!!!