Gastroenterology Community
Sex = Constipation. Anyone else?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sex = Constipation. Anyone else?

More sex, more constipation. Anyone know why this happens. Just me?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It could be due to the position of your vagina. The 'normal' position of the larger part of it is rotated 'forward.' However, in some people (due to a variety of causes) it can be lying slightly posteriorly. That, accompanied by the sex act (if you're on your back), presses rather strongly on the rectum and it can cause the muscles in that area to tighten.

There may be other reasons, but this is the one that comes to mind because of the structural relationships.
Blank
P.S. I should say vagina and uterus, because it's actually the uterus that assumes the forward or backward position.
Blank
I should have included that I am male. :) It read on the internet from only 1 web site that men have this problem more so than women with sex causing dehydration of the colon. Any truth to this? Does any other men have this problem?
Blank
512560_tn?1222563727
Is it gay or heterosexual sex?  I don't know about homosexual men per-se, however, I do know of a constipated mathematician that worked it out with a pencil.
Blank
Straight sex. Not sex it self but the orgasm. It cramps up all the muscles in my abs or something. Like before a man pees the bladder is closed off before orgasm the same happens with my constipation. Like it is being compacted during sex, even if on an empty stomach, it just tightens up my colon muscles and can not poo for days. It really high up and enemas could not reach it. Might even be the small intestine. dunno. Just looking for possible answers.
Blank
Well good to report good news. Removing some foods from my diet has improved the situation.. Sex is not a problem any more and with out these foods there is no constipation now from sex.. :)
Blank
after sex i had constipation problem.what is the reason. also i will do sex once in 13 days with my partner only.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...