Gastroenterology Community
Stomach bubbling

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach bubbling

So, I've been going through whatever this is for a few months now.  I know others suffer for longer, but I thought I'd post this here anyways.

My name is Brandon and I am a 25 year old Male. My story begins around thanksgiving of '09 with some stomach bubbling. Eventually the bubbling got so bad that I began experiencing (what I did not know at the time) anxiety. This all hit a peak on Dec 4 as I had a complete anxiety attack. I had no idea what was going on so I called 911 and went to the ER. At the ER I had an ultrasound of my gallbladder which showed some "sludge".

I was set up to visit a gastroenterologist. I did that and he recommended an upper GI. I did that and he diagnosed me with gastritis. I began taking 40mg Nexium pills every morning. While I did feel better, the constant stomach bubbling got worse over the next few weeks, to the point where I was absolutely miserable. I then had a HIDA scan, all was well. I had my blood tested, everything was ok.

Looking for answers I went to a general surgeon who suggested we remove my gallbladder to see if that helped. It did not help, and may have only made things worse (lesson learned about having surgery just for the heck of it). But the truth was that I pushed it because I needed answers, I needed a change.

The anxiety worsened to the point where I could not sleep. When the TV was off and it was quiet. It was just me and my stomach bubbling, which resulted in my anxiety getting horrible. Enough so that I would take an ativan, wait 30 minutes and fall straight asleep. I'm currently seeking some help for the anxiety.

So that brings me to late January, which my gastroenterologist recommended a colonoscopy, which I was fine with. My mother was diagnosed with colon cancer at 50, so I also saw the need to eliminate that possibility. I had that done yesterday and everything was fine.

My gastroenterologist said it pretty much has to be IBS. So here I am today, researching IBS and learning what I can about it. I am willing to do pretty much anything, easy and hard, to get this manageable. I know I may never be 'healed' but if I can get back to living and working like I used to, I will be so happy. I have lost 25+ pounds. I am 6 feet tall, and now weigh approximately 139.

I guess my question is, where do I start with medicines and dietary changes. I have some medicines at home, nexium, fiber pills, and bentyl. The problem I have is that my doctor said I have to figure out the best way to manage all of this. And I have no idea where to start.

I am extremely grateful that this website exists, and I know that I'm going to get some relief from reading others stories and hopefully suggestions on how to take medicines and dietary changes.

As far as symptoms, right now I have more of a stomach bubbling.  It seems to be concentrated on the right side, but sometimes I feel it in the middle as well.  I am wondering if anything is wrong with my liver since I no longer have a gallbladder but feel bubbling on the right side.

If you have any ideas, or suggestions about how I should attempt to help with the medicines I listed, please say so.

Thanks and God Bless,
Brandon
anyone?
I strongly agree with you as I have the same problem and exactly the same symptoms that you have. I have done all the tests required as well and still suffer with this bubbling.
I have started eating for IBS...more like vegan....no luck either
I have lost any effort or zeal for help as I feel its a lost cause