Gastroenterology Community
Surgical Clips Dislodging

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Surgical Clips Dislodging

Hello, back in March 2012, I had a lap. cholocystectomy. Everything seemed okay for the most part; still having some pains in that area where my gallbladder was; however, during an x-ray for a fertility test, the radiologist saw that a surgical clip was in my lower abdomen where it shouldn't be. She thought it may have dislodged.  I've read other people have had issues because of this and my doctor is being unresponsive to my questions. I'm considering to pursue legal action.   Has anyone else had this issue?  Is this something to worry about?
Thanks for your response!
Stacker, the clips do dislodge in some people for unknown reasons. Clips typically cause no problems at all - in place or out-of-place.
I agree. I have seen several patients with abdominal pain where someone noted dislodged clips. All of them were convinced that their pain was from the clips but we were able to find the real causes of their pain in every case. It would be highly unlikely to have symptoms from the clip.
Thank you for your responses. I appreciate it.