Gastroenterology Community
can't get rid of pinworms

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Viewing 201-400 comments:
I used coconut oil as a topical and it worked just fine, especially after I had decreased the huge numbers that I was carrying.  Still drinking Ojibwa tea with wormwood and slippery elm, eating raw cabbage, cayenne, drying all clothes/bedding/towels in high heat dryer for at least 30 mins after they are dry, but I've also taken mebendezole a few times (but not within two months) which helps kill them -- but apparently doesn't kill all.
Salty and sugary foods irritate the colon and probably the worms, which is I think why they become more active after eating these foods.
I still feel occasional miniscule symptoms possibly, although I could be imagining it, but I treat it as if they are there. The new "symptoms" are no where near as irritating, so either there's only 1-2 residuals or they are much weaker. I can see why some people might think they don't have them when they feel like this.
Douching with mild vinegar 3 days in a row helped a lot. Do not use harsh chemicals as douche or enema!  This alone could give you a rash because these chemicals will bypass your liver and be absorbed into your body full force! You want to kill the worms, not yourself!
I had itching from "clean" clothes before I started REALLY drying my clothes as required, especially in the seams that touched my skin.
Test yourself for zinc deficiency:  open a bottle of rubbing alcohol at about the level of your stomach. Slowly move the bottle closer and closer to your nose.  If you cannot smell the alcohol until it is less than eight inches from your nose, you are zinc deficient. If you are deficient, taking zinc WILL help you get rid of these things!
Not to scare anybody, but this is too much of a coincidence:  My cat just died of a stomach tumor. She started vomiting 1-3 times a week 5-7 months ago when I had the worms really bad. Since it was summer, I thought it was just from hairballs, which is likely because she lost an extraordinary amount of fur this year.  Her vomiting increased and it became bloody and more frequent a month ago, sometimes 4 times a day and now no hairballs. The vet didn't do a biopsy, so we don't know if it was cancer. I asked him if it could be a parasite, and he said it was rare but possible.  Since she had a shot of Ivermectin in late Sept and a topical dose in November (for heartworm and fleas), it seemed unlikely that human pinworms could be the cause of her death.  I didn't tell the vet about my past infection because I know he'd tell me that pets don't harbor human pinworms internally.  But I'm skeptical. I didn't notice her "itching" or licking her rear end a lot. And the parasite tests were negative (which we all know can be "false negatives" in 80% of the tests.

I hope nothing like this happened to anyone else's pet, but I just had to post this because of the coincidence. For the record, pinworms supposedly pass thru the stomach and do not reside there because it is too acidic. The stomach acid probably helps the eggs hatch when they get into the colon. As we have already mentioned, the eggs are very difficult to kill. However, it would be unlikely that the worms could/would burrow into the stomach lining and impossible that they would be able to reproduce there. So don't worry. But I'd be interested if anyone else experienced anything like this?
If it was parasite more likely to be hookworm or whipworm and the symptoms you describe certainly points in that direction.
I am 13 and I am the same way my parents won't buy me the medicine.. I can't take it anymore
I used sudocrem on my bum everytime i wiped, it suffocates the worms and although you have a couple of mintues itching like mad you should soon be able to have abit of relief. xx
Glad it worked for you, however I am on Dr. Nutura's Fiber cleanse and the Parnill  and so far it has not stopped them!  Almost 3 weeks on this and no sign of helping get rid of these horrible creatures!!! I have tried everything any of you have suggested on this forum, it sometimes slows them down but they always come back just as strong as ever??? This has been going on for SIX MONTHS NOW....I recently took 3 days of  PINX...BUT IT DID NOTHING*****go figure. I have taken Reese's liquid, Carnitran (sp) the medication from Australla..tried Garlic too,.still did not stop them. I sterizle my clothes, my rugs floors sheets etc etc. I just started mixing crushed PinX pill mixing it with vasaline making a paste and lathering it on my vulva & rectum day and night, that so far seems to keep them from laying eggs on me at night. But they are wriggling around as I type!!!!!!!!!!!  Never had these before EVER!  I just want them gone ....................
hello everyone;
i'm living with this problem since  a kid, im 25 NOW!!
after all these years ,i finally found a remedy!! that work just fantastic for me!!
well, I use cotton wicks soaked, in olive oil, they have to be 5cm in length and 0.5 cm in diameter, I put them deep in my anal canal.i change it every 24 hours because once dried they are less efficent.i also take garlic tablets( maximum dose) every morning on an empty stomach. so they can be  in direct conatct with garlic, sometimes I change with garlic heated with milk! This will kill the worms in the intestins and blocked their laying eggs at night! I spend my day & night very well & dont feel anything!! hope everyone will try this too:) & let us know how it goes :)
excuse my bad english .
Call your local child protection agency! If you have parasites and are only a child, your parents are responsible for getting you treatment!
You have to tell your parents right away!  They haven't bought any more medicine because they think you are not itching anymore.  It is very common to get it again, which is what has happened to you.  Your parents need to be treated again as well.  Don't wait to tell them even if you think it is gross!!
I am a 13 year old girl, had 2 types of medicine, tablet and liquid, didn't work, everyone thinks i am lying and saying that it's sphycological when it's NOT, Even the doctors are saying it as well as my family! It i s ruining my life, What do i do? I haven't got any of that fancy dandy stuff and not even pumpkin seeds or garlic! I have had them for the past year!

When i had them i told my gran straight away, she called the doctors and i was prescribed a tablet, that didn't work, the next time she rang up the doctor said that they should of been gone by now, The next time we actually WENT to the doctors and i was prescribed a liquid medicine that i had to take once twice a day for three days, The next time she rang up again and the doctor said it's spychological, the next time we went back to the doctors and i was examined, The doctor didn't see anything but that's probably because she looked from arms length away!

Anyways, It is ruining my life, What should i do? EVERYTHING everyone has posted i can't do or it doesn't work!
buy an organic papaya. eat nothing for 12 hours then slice open the papaya
scoop out the seeds are CHEW them well and swallow. wait an hour before eating anything. repeat in 2 weeks. it's a natural and safe method.
seeds from the papaya contain an enzyme that kills the pinworms.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/pinworms-in-humans.html

Garlic: Fresh cloves of garlic provide an easy way to get rid of pinworms in humans. Simply chew them and one will get the desired result within a few days. Garlic, also available in a capsule form, is very effective to treat this infection.
I tried it all, meds several...garlic, colon cleanse, Parnill, etc etc....still they would come back stronger than ever!! Two weeks ago I researched MSM so I began taking 2,000 mgs a day, then increased it to 4,000 mgs a day, now I am taking 6,000 mgs a day and will continue this for a couple months or will continue it, these large doses are not harmful in any way and aids other health problems as well . This slowed them down tremendously, now I can sleep at night with no wigglies bugging me. Also I started using a salve of Coconut Oil, Vaseline & Vaginal Itch Cream which helps smoother them and they cannot lay their eggs. For two days now I have had no symtoms (symptoms) of these Parasites.  The information I researched says this will get rid of them but one needs to keep taking MSM.....nothing else helped me at all and I have spent hundreds of $$$$ trying to get rid of these pests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU SERIOUS I HAVE TAKEN MEDICINE EVERYDAY FOR E WEEK DIFFERENT MEDICINES (2 TYPES) AND NOW I ONLY HAVE A THEW ONCE IN A WHILE DEFIANTLY GONE DOWN im so much happier now.
remember to wash your hands when you wake up before and after you go to the loo before and after you eat and if you mess with animals an sometimes BEFORE you go to sleep everytime with soap and wash your bed spread when you first get them if you are a child keep your room clean it does help and use some disinfectant spray and use it everywhere in your room, try to avoid pork if you get worms on and off since you were younger like i do!!

Dr Oz: Papaya Seeds Worm Remedy

-helps kill worms
-drink ¼ cup mixed with 1 tsp honey
-drink for 10 days
-studies show this cures 75% of children with worms
-all natural

http://www.drozfans.com/dr-ozs-home-remedies/wormwood-tea-papaya-seeds-with-honey-dr-oz-round-worm-remedy/  
So i just found out i have them. dont know how long . Im 17 yrs old female. please help advise'
I have pinworms for 17 months now, as does my partner. We are taking ivermectin, albendazole and galric brandy. We also shoved garlic cloves up the butt for 3 months, as well as we put an ointment on every time we go to the bathroom made out of petroleum jelly, sudacrem, ivermectin and different oils like oregano and cloves.
We wash our hands with hot water and soap, vacuum floors 2x a week while wearing dustmasks, washing our beddings twice a week and change underwear twice a day. we shower every morning, and wash Pjs every day, too. We eat nearly no starches or sugars, do garlic enemas every two days, and I have eaten Pineapples, papwpaw seeds, pumkin seeds and linseeds until they came out of my ears. But still: we are still highly infected. Pain and bloating every day, and dead worms in the bowl. I will buy medical tape today to add on top of our garlic clove up the butt routine at nights. The worst thing: no GP believes you.
Go and buy some vermox. Take with a fatty meal, drink some water afterwards. Inform your family, If one in your family has it, all have them, since they are highly infectous. Wash your hands immediatedly after going to the bathroom. Change underwear twice a day, bedding twice a week, and wash them at 95C. Keep this up for around 6 weeks.
Repeat medication two weeks later. If it does not help, seek a GP.
It's been 6 months that I've been fighting pinworms (and a few months before that where I hadn't heard of pinworms and I thought I might be going insane).  Like most people on here, I've tried almost everything: PinX, Reese's, mebendozole (sp?), garlic pills, coconut oil, clove pills, neem pills, cat's claw pills, cayenne pills, grapefruit seed extract pills, ojibwa tea extract pills, olive pills, black walnut pills, cabbage, lactoferrin, probiotics, zinc pills, magnesium pills, food grade hydrogen peroxide, apple cider vinegar, cumanda, oil of oregano, papaya seeds (1 full cup blended up with some of the actual fruit (wow was that difficult), lime and sea salt (1 whole lime blended with 1 tbsp salt), diatomaceous earth, some parasite remedy containing wormwood and black walnut and invlovling a colon cleanse, vaseline on anus/testicles at night with neem and clove oil, showering twice a day and washing sheets daily, and taping my anus with waterproof medical tape and sports tape (around 23 hours a day since New Years Eve).  I'm probably forgetting something, but you get the idea.  Oh yea, also washing my hands with soap in hot water literally over 500 times a day (needless to say, they've been ridiculously dry and cracked this winter). I've run out of most of the various pills, and I'm not sure it's really worth it to buy more since they haven't done much.  The one area I've definitely been slacking in is cleaning the whole house every day.  My house is too big to clean in a single day, even if the family would actually give a crap and help (which it obviously doesn't).  So I kind of gave up on this, though I do use Eradicator spray (which supposedly kills the eggs, but who really knows?) and sometimes a steam cleaner.

This is so frustrating.  I get no sympathy from my family members, who somehow don't catch them or at least don't notice them.  My mom did get them briefly but luckily for her PinX worked.  All I get is people being annoyed at all my pinworm rituals and hogging of the laundry room (often not letting my dry my clothes and bedding enough so that the worms survive and as soon as I put on supposedly clean clothes or hop into bed after showering, I am crawly all over.  My ***hole brother even complains that I talk about pinworms too much!  I'm sure he would too if they tormented him like this.  Another common sentiment is that I might have had them at some point, but there's no way I could still have them after doing all these things to get rid of them.  So it's apparently all in my head?  I don't appreciate people questioning my sanity.  

I think my main problem is that I didn't know I had them for so long that I was ingesting incredibly large numbers of eggs every day, so the eggs are maturing/hatching every day.  No matter how effectively I can kill them (which is probably not very, but assuming 100% adult kill rate), I can't kill the eggs so the newly matured worms lay their eggs every night.  And also during the day, since I assume that's what they're doing when they are crawling around, mostly on my testicles, upper back and shoulders, sometimes on my legs and arms, all over really.  At first the vaseline on the anus and testicles worked fairly well and I could sleep at night, but eventually it rubs off or stops being effective and I get super crawly again.  The tape also worked quite well at first, but eventually the worms manage to escape (moisture and outward pressure from expelling gas, loosened by movement, etc.).  Lately I've been really crawly soon after getting into bed.  I've always been a light sleeper with problems falling alseep and staying asleep, so it's incredibly difficult now that I have these bastards laying their eggs on me.  My face/nose/beard gets itchy and I'm pretty sure that signifies eggs have hit my face and inevitably also entered my nose and mouth.

One of the worst parts about having pinworms is the sleep disturbance.  But it has also taken a heavy psychological toll on me.  The actual physical effects of the crawling feeling and the itching aren't really that bad.  But it's more so the thought that this crawling feeling and this itching is caused by these nasty parasites living inside me, and the despair at the futility of EVER getting rid of them.  Also the constant anxiety of potentially spreading these wretched worms to everyone around me.  I go the gym 3-6 times a week and especially before I started taping I could see the worms flying away from my while I lifted.  I wonder if I originally caught them at the gym, and how many people I have infected there...Probably the biggest fear is of being doomed to a life of loneliness lest my future partner catch them (which seems inevitable).  Honestly I contemplate suicide (not too seriously I guess) quite often.  But how could I kill myself over something the medical community thinks is cured with a single pill?  I wish doctors would read this forum.

Jeez that was a long post.  I just felt the need to rant.  Maybe the summer will change things for me.  I can potentially heat the house up to above 95 for a day or 2 to kill the eggs.  But I'm worried that I'll sweat the tape off almost immediately.  I already overheat and sweat easily, and this summer will be really hot it seems.  Anyway, it's good to know I'm not the only one who can't get rid of these demons.  Well, not really...I feel bad for all of you, but the camaraderie helps a bit, even though the general impression from these posts is that it is nearly impossible to cure.  Good luck to everyone.  And please post what worked for you if somehow one of you cures yourself!
sorry for everyone here!!  Now my youngest son has them.  Don't know what else to do.  I will try the standard procedures with him but if that doesn't work...i am clueless on what to do anymore.  We live in southern Caifornia. hot weather and pinworms don't mix well . Talk about miserable. Not looking forward to the summer.  Giving up the fight for a while.  Will post again if I find a cure.  good luck to everyone!!
I want to add a couple things to my last long post.  I also tried eating lots of pumpkin seeds.  And I tried giving myself a food grade hydrogen peroxide (diluted) enema as someone on here suggested.  I failed miserably at that, because I couldn't hold it in at all really.  I immediately had to poop really badly, and continued to have to do so long after I stopped being able to get anything out.  It became very painful and bloody and nearly impossible to poop anything out for several days.  This was horrible.  Eventually I gradually got back to normal bowel movements.  My theory is that the pumpkin seeds I had been eating got bunched up inside my colon, and the enema knocked them down to near my anus, where they got stuck and blocked anything else from coming out.  I read about this girl that ate nothing but pumpkin seeds for a couple days and the same thing basically happened to her, until she violently expelled them all.  I never saw them make it out of me, so I assume they just found their way back out of the way.  I had been hopeful that the enema would get rid of thousands of pinworms, but my plan totally backfired.

Last night, I stayed at a friend's house, and forgot to bring an extra set of clothes.  So when I woke up, I was incredibly anxious about infecting the whole family with pinworms.  I lay in bed stressed out thinking about what to do for a while, and then brought the sheets and blankets to the washing machine, tied my clothes up in a trash bag, showered, and borrowed some clothes.  I felt a lot better after that.  I just wanted to point out how stressed I felt sleeping at somebody else's house and breaking my pinworm routine.  I have always felt mildly OCD, but having pinworms has really made that worse, in terms of the whole showering and cleaning routine.  
Shortly after I had pinworms (I actually captured some and took to the doctor) they gave me the prescription mebondazole.  It took 3-5 days but it worked.  Then a few weeks later I started taking a new brand of Ginko Biloba supplement, just for general health.  Then I started itching all over and I thought the pinworms were back or that I had lice.  So I used lice treatment and pinworm prescription pill mebondazole again which had worked before but I still was itching all over.  It turned out to be the Ginko Biloba supplements that made me itch all over, including pubic area, scalp and back, etc.  Once I stopped those Ginko Biloba supplements the all over body itching stopped.  If one of your supplements are not causing it, then there is a different type of worm from south american countries that does crawl out of your skin and itch all over but I don't think pinworms do that.  I think they stick to the anus mostly and some vagina.  Research other types of worms, maybe some other type of medicine will work.  Good luck.  Don't kill yourself.  This too shall pass....
There are many things you can do beside the usual treatments.
Keep his nails short, deworm the whole family on a regular base (I know of families taking vermox or combatrin once a month), teach him how to use a nailbrush for washing his hands.
You can also add certain things into the diet: pineapples, grated carrots, figs are pretty good. Let him snack on coconut and pumpkin seeds, as well as grated carrot, as much as he likes. Depending on how old he is, you can always give him garlic milk with honey in the morning, or just give him a small piece of cut garlic, like a tablet, every day.
Parasites die from garlic, but they thrive on sugars and starch. Give him a healthy, high fibre diet with lots of cabbage, onions and garlic to flush the things out. Usually, the long term problems arise in adults, since we have a much longer gut where they can hide for ages, and from delaying treatment. Most of the time we have no clue that we might have them.  
Dr's r so cluless about this subject!! it is ridiculous. Do you know that doctors life out of this bugs as they are the main cost of all our illnesses and the foods we eat this days are making them richer.
The only thign you can do to kill this bugs is to do an intensive diet, I done it along with taking all the meds this very famous holistic doctor send me a long time ago and it works, but you can take all this pills etc.. you had mention, but if you eat what they feed from you will have then for the rest of your life no matter what you do.
Few tips; keep always your stomach acid high, buy eating small meals of through day, like chewing on pumking seeds having green tea etc...
I got them again from my son as he is now in daycare and although I'm very knowledgeable about this subject, I don't know how to help my little pumking as he won't eat non of that staff I lnow will help him and put him in the strick diet will be hell for me and him. so I hope some of the tips I see here can help him, at list I had try already the garlic do his anus, but I HAVE TO BE VERY CONSTANT FORM NOW ON, POOR THING.
Your experience with this horrible infection of Pinworms sounds like mine!! Nothing seems to get rid of them?????? Like you I have tried everything suggested on this form with some times of slow down, then they come back just as stronge as ever??? Go figure? I am at my wits end, lack of sleep etc. etc. etc. a nervous wreck...what to do?????????? I am now on Pumpkin Seed Oil, slowed them back a bit. But in two weeks has not cleared them out for good! Enemas, yes thats been tried and it does help a bit too. Cut out sugar & Carbs...does not help.l have probably spent a $1,000 in the past year trying everything I hope will help. I wonder what these Zappers that is suppose to electrify them???? Someone claimed it got rid of them for them.......??????????????????????
The Zapper is BS. Seriously. My best friends are garlic, vinegar, clove oil, sudocrem and three rounds of albendazole. So far, I only had 2 rounds, and then a break, so it just cannot work.
Someone in a german forum explained it like this:
The meds only kill the adult forms. But when you have them a long time, you have worms of all ages inside. And when the females are in the lower colon to lay eggs, you cannot catch them with the meds either. So the secret is three rounds, all 21 days long, since it takes 21 days for the larvae to grow up into an adult. So, take your meds at least three days, with lots of fat (40g). then wait 18 days.(killed all adults, but leaves the eggs and larvae). Then repeat. (killed the larvae that have grown up now) and repeat again. (kill all the eggs that are now adults).
It makes sense. He used pyrvinium embonate, but it should work with mebendazole and albendazole as well. And it is very important to avoid spreading the eggs, eg use the (burning) cream with garlic. I have noticed that I was so much better after two rounds, but since I now have to wait again...oh well, they just started laying eggs again, meh.
Try 2 tablespoons of food grade DE each day (start with 1/4 teaspoon if your body isn't use to it for a few days and then up the dosage little by little), and eat 5 raw garlics a day with lots of water. Look up alkaline diet on the internet, don't feed them sugar. Persistence is key.
bleach and cleansers have no effect on pinworm eggs. Please read this very helpful article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterobiasis
You are just irritating your skin and poisoning your environment. The eggs don't do well in sunlight or hot dry conditions. Stop scrubbing your skin with harsh cleansers and hot water. It's just irritating your skin. They do not bite.The sticky stuff that attaches the eggs to your skin can be irritating. If you have a rash on other parts of your body it is almost certainly not pinworms. It may be contact dermatitis from the harsh cleansers you are using or a bacterial infection from the scratching. Vacuum floors wash sheets and towels and dry in the sun or in the dryer. Use an over the counter medicine if the natural remedies aren't working and treat the entire family. Pinworms only infect humans so your pets aren't giving it to you unless the eggs are on their fur. Give them a regular bath just in case. The eggs are so small they can float in the air. Don't shake things out. They will only live about 2 weeks out in the enviroment so if you keep vacuuming and washing regularly they will eventually go away if everyone in the house is treated. I've also read they love glucose (sugar) and some of the medicines work by starving the worms of glucose. It couldn't hurt to cut down on sugars and simple carbs for a while. Tell your parents or doctor. This infection is very common and really has nothing to do with being dirty or any social status. Although good hygeine will help rid you of them and keep them away. It is the most common parasite in the US. More common than lice, even. And you'd be surprised how many people have had them. But remember the bleaching is not helping. You are just making bleach scented pinworm eggs and spreading them around with your sponge.
I agree here. Bleach is useless with those eggs. What helps is vinegar, though. I use white vinegar in hot water to clean, and on my bottom, too. It is better for the environment, too.
But a word of warning: NEVER EVER mix vinegar and bleach! You will not only kill bacteria, but your whole household, too. If you mix bleach with vinegar it will set chlorine gas free, which destroys your lungs.

I reacted allergic to the tape (leukoplast)  on my bottom, any advice for what type or brand to use?
My husband refuses to give up boxers.  After I clean everything that one can think of cleaning he walks around in said boxers.  He's killing me. Too me, that would be the 1st step to remedy.  I have 2 young sons and one is a thumb sucker, nail biter and has loose teeth almost constantly.  Kind of hard to expect him to not to fiddle with loose teeth.  My other son is a nail biter.  Also, I have 3 stepsons and my husband will not speak with them about treatment.  My young sons and I are paying for it because we are so sensitive to the buggers.  The schools believe in hand sanitizer and the children do not wash up before meals.  Also, when I explained that we are spending $160.00 a month for 2 months she said that I was preaching to the choir.  I feel there is nothing that I can do.  Have not given up hope and am going through the cleaning rituals through this every 2 weeks for 8 weeks of treatment.  What oh what can I do.  I can not clean everything and I can not control the school system.
Meant to say that the school nurse said that I was preaching to the choir.
I am on day 11 of my third nuclear albendazole regimen to get rid of the buggers. I have no itch at all atm, and this weekend I found out I can eat a slice of wholemeal bread and a tablespoon of honey without screaming in pain by now. The downside is, I feel nauseous since day 4. Anyone have an idea? Is it lifecycle related, since it was new moon? I also barely see them anymore. I still use my cream, and have a clove of garlic up mine during night.
My partner (who was never nauseous and had never the pains) is bloated all day instead, also since day 4. He claims his itch has become less, and that he barely sees them, too.
I just hope he is right and the meds will do the trick, finally. We still are on the washing regimen, and clean everything with vinegar, use our creams, wash our fingers with the nailbrush, boil our laundry etc.
I still hope anyone can tell me what kind of sticky med tape to use on the behind over night.
Keep it up, we'll surely do. Will post again next monday.
Day 18 today, and on the break from the medication. Nausea left on day 14. Still bloated, but I am less depressed. We started to take cayenne pepper capsules until we are back on the meds. No itching anymore, but tons of dead worms.
My BF is bloated like hell, to the point of nausea, and I am worried again.
I had a whole cup of normal sugar soymilk, and had no negative changes. Same with oats. I am quite excited about all the tiny things I can eat again. On the other hand, I am unsure if the meds do the trick or not, and I really, really hope we will get rid of them this time.
See you next week.
Try food grade diatomaceous earth.  I had them after a trip to Mexico for almost a year.  They caused me to break out in boils on my body and in my ear canals which is terribly painful.  I took Mebendezole for months.  It was not effective so I did extensive research online.  The DE worked in just a few days.  You mix a small amount in food or water.  It is inexpensive and can be purchased online or in health food stores.  It is safe for humans and animal use.  Farmers regularly add it to animal feed for parasites.  Best of all it cured the problem and was a natural alternative with no side effects.  Remember to drink lots of water to avoid constipation.
Here I am again. I used DE before, three tablespoon in juice, and it didnt do anything. The sugar in the juice made them more lively even. I have heard from alot of people that they stopped DE because of scattering, and the fact it only kills the worms, but doesnt prevent the eggs from hatching.
I am in love with cayenne pepper capsules now, I even had die off symptoms, and lots of buggers ended in the sewers. But I can give DE another try, I still have some left over. Maybe I was just too overrun with those worms back when I tried it.
I have just started round 2 of the meds, and I am nauseous again. I guess its just a side effect of the tablets, and I have to accept that. I have a nearly nicely formed stool again, gained another Kg, and we had a tiny amount of wholemeal pasta last weekend! I havent had pasta for half a year! It didnt make me feel any worse, so I guess we really get them killed this time. I dont feel any wiggling anymore, and my BF says it itches much less, like, once a day maybe.
Take care all, thanks for the tipps, see you next week.
Again, one week over. I was sooo tired last week, stayed away from work for most of the time, sleeping. The nausea is still here, but a bit better. Lots of dead worms in the toilet. I can drink small amounts of milk again, and eat a slice of wholemeal bread. I even nibbled on some chocolate and grapes today. Bit by bit, I get better. I am still bloated, and it pinches every few days left of my belly button, but its still nothing copared to the pain i used to go through. Still drinking pomegranate juice (no DE) and and taking the cayenne pepper capsules, as well as the meds. I will be on the meds for this week, and next week will be a break, and then comes the last round next month.
Only funny thing is: I still have my period, this is the third week now. O.o Anyone else having this?
I had pinworms as a child, but didn't get them again until I had a child myself (30+ years old).  My son is constantly licking his fingers and we have had pinworms three times now since he started going to school.  I spoke to his Dr. the first time we got them and she suggested Combantrin (used to be available in pill & liquid form now only pill form).  I was able to buy it without a prescription over the counter.  The first two times we had it everyone was cured quickly and we went on with our lives.  This last time has turned into a nightmare for me.  My son and his father have been worm free since the initial treatment but I continue to be infested.

What is different about this time is I have gained quite a bit of weight in the last two years (much personal stress) and am much heavier than I used to be.  I think my added weight has required a much greater dose to cure than before (I am 200+ lbs. on a 5'4 frame).  Of course I only figured this out when the first treatment didn't cure me as usual.  Since then I've been graduating to larger and larger doses which seem to help for about a week and then they manifest again.  I did have the flu at one point in this whole nightmare but sadly it did not kill the worms, although I was symptom free while I was sick and fevered.  Note*- I did notice that once I started taking bigger doses my anus and vagina manifested more of a low grade burn rather than an itch.  And strangely this burn only continued until it seemed like all of the bigger and smaller live worms were dead and passed out of the body.  The initial larger dose seemed to have a very high burn-like sensation with lasted for two days continuously.  I am wondering if the strength of the "burn" is in direct relation to the number of parasites in the body?

I finally gave in and went to a new doctor (my old doctor moved) and she insisted on a urine and stool sample.  I wasn't impressed since this process was going to take at least a week to yield results and I was horrified at the notion of suffering a week longer with active symptoms.  Happily I had just taken a two day Combantrin dose and was ironically symptom free for the entire week it took to wait for the lab results (yay! me).

When I got the results from the doctor (who looks all of 12 years old), they did indeed prove I had a pinworm infection.  Like many others have experienced here, she prescribed the two pill (2 weeks apart) Vermox treatment.  Surprise surprise they appear to not have worked.  SIGH.  I took the first pill on Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon I could feel active symptoms building rapidly.  So this evening (same Sunday), I bought another few boxes of Combantrin and dosed myself and my household yet again.  Happily everyone else in the house is pretty understanding and thus far they appear to remain worm free.  It takes about 3 hours to get relief after taking Combantrin but it does help and I can sleep.

My cleaning is crazy and my water bill is something else.  I find it does help to use baby wipes instead of tissue to wipe my bottom after going to the washroom.  I think I may forgo the doctor approach now and try using Combantrin in 1 week cycles.  I will do a two day dose (12 pills a day for two days) and then do it again in one week.  I think because I have had them for longer than 3 months, there are several stages of worm growth in my intestines: gravid females, breeding adult population, immature worms, and newly hatched.  The Combantrin probably gets the adult population, but the immature worms take up the torch, mate, and then start the whole process again the next week.  I am thinking that if I keep on top of the cleaning, washing and cyclical pill approach I will eventually eradicate them.  Best of luck to everyone else suffering with these nasty little buggers!
I got pinworms from a trip to Egypt for about 2.5 years ago. Never gotten rid of em since. At first i felt them crawling in my ***, and after a while it spread to my nose, ears, eyes and scalp. I´ve cried like hell, shut myself in, avoided everything and everyone but after awhile i started realizing that this wouldnt do. So I´ve been researching, like hell. First thing I want to say is that if someone in youre family or someone close to you get infected, then everyone in the family is. Including "your husband/wife/kid/mother etc who says they dont feel/see a thing, or is perfectly healty". That is a FACT.
Something Im curious about and really wants an answer to btw. Everyone here infected, do you have a brownish colour around your pupil? Or whatever it´s called. The black thingy in your eyes you know.
Also, one thing that is certain is that you´ll probably never get rid of the worm if you eat a lot of bad foods. Never ever eat any bad sugars, ever. Eat a lot (of not only) nuts, fruits, green leafy vegetables, berries, and a very small amount of fish or chicken per day.
A healthy colon with a good function is vital. Worms cause constipation etc, and that is bad. Cause if youve had it a while then you get thoose colonic pouches that the worms crawl into and hide when you take meds, so it wont kill them all.
I guess someones already been writing this, I havent read all posts yet, but anyways I just wanted to share something. I hope it can be usefull.
Garlic is the best thing I´ve discovered against pinworms so far btw. I actially shove a clove up my *** one day in pure desperation and that stopped the movement, but it´s really strong so dont do that. Its better if you eat a litle raw garlic everyday in a sallad or on a sandwich. I think.
And the cleaning ofcourse. Wash youre sheets everyday in 90 degrees, keep youre home dust free, shower everyday, keep your nails short like hell and make the ones youre living with do the treatment at the same time.
Hugs!
Week 6. Had a horrible weekend. The nausea was there all week, but on the weekend I threw up, couldnt even keep water down. I think I ate something that was off, that it was no sideeffect of the albenza, since I had stopped taking albenza two days before throwing up. Sadly, I lost all my gained weight again. I put myself onto strict SCD diet again, this always seem to help, as long as I stay away from any honey and fruits.
I dont feel any itches, and I dont see any worms at this moment. My Bf told me had one day where it itched, and he saw tiny worms, but nothing since. I stopped taking the cayenne until my stomach is better again, he still takes it.
I am so over it, the constant pain and nausea is killing me. But the pain is not as terrible anymore, which is a  good sign. We still clean like mad, and even though I dont feel the itch, I still use the cream, as well as garlic up the rear end every night, just in case. Three more weeks to go. This week is medication free, which frightens me a bit. But if my nausea goes away, that would be awesome.
See you all next monday.
If u got the white DE then yes it wont do anything got to get the grey stuff.
Have grey stuff, food grade, they even told on the page how to take it to treat intestinal worms. Not working. Best thing so far: albendazole and cayenne.
How long did u take it for 60 days?
I took it for three months, last year. No die off symptoms, nothing. I stopped January since I started taking albendazole (one off doses) since I feared it would interfere with the uptake and after reading alot about scattering worms. No need to get these buggers somewhere else, really. But maybe I simply had too many of them? I looked like 9 months pregnant every time I ate something, and the debilitating hot pain...now I only bloat slightly and am nauseous.
That is weird, did you notice anything while taking DE like having to cut your nails more frequently, loads of energy, sleeping better.If not I question the source of the DE.
Do this and you will eventually get rid of these irritating little hungry beast called pinworms!!!! # 1 you know your own body better than any doctor ever will ... I am 49 years young  I've had pin worms off and on... Do not be embarrassed every one on the planet has parasites in their bodies! Yes even roundworms you walk in the grass bam you can get them that quick. Do this every day for two weeks when you get up every morning start wiping down everything you touch before it touches you , cell phones , eyeglasses , clothes iron the crotch of your pants also iron your undies the heat will kill the eggs , your steating wheel the car seat etc....wash everything in hot water dry hi heat. Wrap up the bed sheets slowly put them in dryer on hi heat leave them in dryer till ready to make bed. Wipe down your whole bathroom go put the rag in the washer take your shower when finished rinse tub or shower out with hot water for a phew min. Use two towels one to dry your body with when finished roll that one up put it in washer and use another to wrap your hair keep your hand clean at all time do not pick your nose ever use tissue!!! Ok get your swifter sweeper mop the whole bedroom and bathroom down discarding the garage where it's hot empty vacuums clean them. You get the picture it becomes a routine you do not want to reinvest your selves believe me ! Now what I eat to keep them away heavy garlic hummus make your own , pumpkin pie filling with honey and cinnamon , pumpkin seeds raw carrots!!!! blended into anything of your choice. Health food store buy wormwood black walnut supreme it's fabulouse but lousy taste but it freakin works!!!! Put a phew drops in a half a bottle of water drink it down Asians use this to rid parasites out of body!!! Now you people with round worms I had those one time freaked out!!!! Worms do not like salt DRINK 6 margaritas with alot of salt on the rim and in the drink also lick your limes with salt the next morning I had so much fluid in my system you could press a big dent in my leg and it would stay might sound crazy but  guess what went to the bathroom checked my stool OMG I almost passed out there were the dead worms all sizes GONE never returned again people watch how you kiss and love on hug your animals and quit letting them lick you on your faces  ! Chow for now and free your body of these nasty lite critters
Everyone read the 42mom42 about pinworms
Okay, here I am again. After starting albendazole on friday and feeling great over the weekend, the nausea hit me hard again, and I threw up. After the third time, i acknowledge now that I react to the meds. I stopped taking it continuously, but I will now take one dose every Friday. My partner feels much better, he even ate a few fries without bloating. Me, on the other hand...I still bloat every day. I will use a parasite cleansing kit (with wormwood etc) and take one dose albendazole every Friday, maybe it does the trick together. As I said, I eat already high salt, high carrots, high pumpkin, cayenne, spices, linseeds, no sugars, no starches or even honey. I wipe everything down before I touch it, I shower first thing in the morning, I boil my laundry, change my underwear twice a day etc. I do not have a dryer, but I hang my laundry out into the sun. I will do another DNA stool test to check If I have caught something else since last year October. I will eat vegetarian for a while, too. My partner is away for 7 weeks, which is great, so he wont infect me, and he will keep deworming overseas, while I keep on doing it here.
And yes, The DE had a great effect on my hair and nails, just not on my guts.
I am 34 years old, I've had pinworms since I was 18.

Don't worry about giving them to others! First off, you'll drive yourself mad. Second, almost everyone is cured very easily by one dose of the useless medication.

For us, medication is a joke. I've been to countless Infectious Disese (disease) doctors, gastrointestinal specialists, etc. they all said I was crazy. This is the burden we bear. I don't care if you believe in God or not. After 16 years, I have accepted that we are animals, and we as animals are susceptible to these things. I have tried every remedy you listed. I will be free one day, but what day that is, it's not up to me anymore.

We are all God's creatures, may God grant you mercy,

~Eddie Shea
Ok, a lot has happened since my last post.  I eventually gave up on the Combantrin because it was doing absolutely nothing.  I went back to my doctor and she was willing to prescribe a three dose Albendazole regime, but, much to both of our surprise, this drug is not available in Canada.  The helpful pharmacist got on the phone and after talking to someone and conferring with the doctor they prescribed Biltricide (Praziquantel).  This ended up consisting of 4 1/2 tablets (large pills) 3 times a day for 1 day.  People who weigh less will take less.  

Well it's not quite been 48 hours yet but I believe all of the adults have been killed and I'm just dealing with the effects of the little retro-babies who are hatching from the eggs left inside from the dead mothers.  All of the eggs are being pulled along and some are left just inside the anus after a bowel movement.  These little eggs are then quickly hatching from the oxygen and becoming an little irritating nightmare.  I don't think they like going back up the bowel because the drugs are probably still being expelled from my system and so they, more or less, are swarming out of my anus looking for another place to grow.  The research I did on the effect of Biltricide on pinworms seems to indicate a rather violent response to the drug.  The paper "Enterobiasis: A Neglected Infection in Adults" indicated that "[i]n this study, adult patients were treated with praziquantel to expel intestinal flukes. Unexpectedly, dozens of adult Enterobius vermicularis worms with disfigured morphology ... were expelled from 6 or 33 patients."  The study further stated that "[i]n the abdominal section, the internal organs were disrupted and protruded outside the body."  Consider how this would effect a pregnant female.  I am not surprised by the high retro-pins, there has just been an enormous drop of eggs in my bowels.  Last night was horrible and I couldn't sleep until 9 am this morning.  I didn't feel one adult just the tiny biting babies (and yes they do feel like they bite, I believe this is because they are trying to attach and feed somewhere like they would inside the bowel).  Today hasn't been as bad (thus far).  Again, I feel no adults just the retro's.  I am cautiously optimistic about this drug.

Two other things to take into consideration with Beltricide (Praziquantel) is that it was extremely expensive.  This one dose cost me $108.00.  I asked whether or not I had to take a second dose and he said no, but what is going to happen with the retro's get big enough to breed?  How long is the medicine going to keep killing them?  I guess I'll have to see.

Ok, next item.  In my research I came across an article which stated that McGill University (Montreal, Canada) has just been given a $1million dollar grant to explore alternate treatment methods.  It seems that the medical community is indeed aware that parasites are becoming drug resistant and are exploring new treatments, specifically more holistic methods.  I sent an email to Dr. Tim Geary and he sent me a response the next day.  In short he suggested getting my doctor to get access to a drug called Mectizan.  It contains ivermectin and "is very safe".  He believes it may be available in the US (approved by FDA) as Stromectol.  It is used to treat tens of millions of people (in Africa and other places) to control nematodes and in veterinary practice as well.

Last item. Another study "A new class of anthelmintics effective against drug-resistant rematodes" speaks specifically to the drug-resistant aspect of the current drugs prescribed by doctors (Albendazole, Mebendazole, Pyrantel pamoate, etc.). With regards to the new drug which may provide the answer to the drug-resistance, "amino-acetonitrile derivatives (AADs) as a new chemical class ... are well tolerated and of low toxicity to mammals, and overcome existing resistances to the currently available anthelmintics."  One of the AADs, specifically AAD 1566, seems to offer very encouraging treatment for worms in animals experiencing drug-resistant infections (100% cure rate).  The paper is dated 2008 and I have no idea if they have graduated from sheep and cows to human trials.

So, there you have it.  I am sorry for the long post but I really hope this information helps someone.  

Here are some links:
www.tm.mahidol.ac.th/seameo/2008_39_2/04-4239.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2491438/
http://www.drugs.com/cons/mectizan.html

Take care people and fight on!!!  Oh yeah, I also sent an email to Johnson & Johnson (the makers of Combantrin) encouraging them to explore the AAD drugs.
Ok here is another follow-up.  The Biltricide (Praziquantel) killed all of the adult worms, the unfortunate retro-infection is what I am dealing with now.  I have not experienced any more egg depositing (from the dead females in my system) since those first days after the initial Biltricide dose.  My mother's 1st memorial ceremony was to be held June 16th and I was desperate not to have any active worm activity that day.  Also, I was paranoid that they might be breeding again by this point and so I went back to my physician and requested a second dose of Biltricide.  I took the second dose on Friday, June 15th, eleven days after the initial treatment.  Honestly I'm not sure what the second dose did.  I believe I did see some some small dead worms in my stool, however, today is June 21st and I can feel worm activity in my anal region.  I felt enough activity last night to use vicks on my bum last night so I could sleep comfortably.  I have a bad feeling that Biltricide kills only the adult worms and I may have used it again too soon.  I wish the doctors could be more aware and precise about exactly how long it takes the little buggers to mature and mate.  

So I feel like I am literally sitting on a time bomb.  I am desperate to kill these little ones before they mate and start the whole ugly cycle all over again.  I am planning on taking Biltricide again next week, hoping that it will kill all the adults again.

In the meantime I have started taking DE and hoping that it will help kill them before they mate.

In the course of online research I came across a forum where a woman had pinworms for 20+ years.  She used prescription meds but they always came back 2-3 months later.  In desperation she took a cigarette apart, wadded up the tobacco and swallowed it with a big glass of water.  "Within a week, I stopped having those all-too familiar symptoms.  It has now been 4 months, and still no sign of those little buggers."  So I just may try that this evening.  I will have to wait for my roommate to come home so I can borrow a cigarette off him.  I'll let you all know how that goes.

Keep up the good fight people. Also PRAY! Prayer is powerful.
My daughter first brought pinworms home in 2006 and we were all treated with Vermox. i washed everything and followed all the cleaning guidelines. Now in 2012, she has them again! so again we were all treated with vermox and followed cleaning procedures. It seems that there's a sandbox at the schoolyard and the pediatrician believes that is a likely source of infection. that being said, since taking the vermox, we have seen lots of dead worms in our stool, itching has stopped but the stomach pain has intensified. Sharp pains, gas, bloating, diarrhea.... A friend suggested GSE (grapefruit seed extract) since it is a very powerful Nutribiotic... We've taken our first doses and are holding out hope that it will help with the pain. I'm so freaked out about getting reinfected! So many parents don't want to talk about it. Admittedly, it's very embarrassing but if parents don't communicate our kids will continue to reinfect eachother! It's just awful.

We have to re-dose next week with the vermox.... Good luck to everyone out there! This is something that we have to openly communicate about or else the fear of embarrassment with continue to reinfect others. Thanks for sharing your stories!
Sounds like u never got rid first time round.
i just found out i have pinworms today and ive had them before once. they r the worst thing thats ever happend 2 me. last time i had them i took a pink tablet from my doctor and i took 1 a week for 2 weeks and every thing stoped itching but i have them again and i have 2 tell my mom cuz im 11 and its gonna suck
** Important Update!  Chewing Tobacco Kills Pinworms! Be Warned Tobacco is a Tough Cure - Not for the Faint of Heart!!!**.  Turns out a single cigarette didn't do it for me. I had eaten the tobacco of one cigarette and detected no worm die-off.  As for the DE, it unfortunately did not kill the new ones before they mated.  So there I was determinedly taking DE, two tablespoons everyday, and dealing with the newly breeding population when I snapped!  I realized I just couldn't deal with them anymore, I had had enough!!
I had continued to research and on another forum a guy suggested eating an entire pack of Red Man Chewing Tobacco. He said to eat the pouch not the stuff in the can, because the stuff in the can was too toxic.  I decided I was going to try it.  I bought one pouch of chewing tobacco and, on my roommates advice, also bought three pouches of Big League Chew-Shredded Bubble Gum.  I combined all of the pouches of bubble gum with the chewing tobacco and started eating.  
Oh my!  The first day was horrible.  I ate a bunch before I felt too sick to eat anymore, along with a lot of water to wash it down.  I did throw up a little, but kept most of it down.  I ate more a little over six hours later.  I think the tobacco killed the adults fairly quickly within the first day.  Kind of like the Biltricide I did experience another retro infection and the little buggers seemed to hate the tobacco instantly and tried to migrate to my vaginal and urethra areas (I hope you get the picture). It was pretty horrible there for a bit, but the tobacco got them there too eventually.  I got a little smarter after that first day, because I realized I absolutely could not stand the taste of chewing tobacco, and I started to make little tobacco/gum balls.  I found I could swallow these without having to taste the tobacco.  In time, as I worked my way through the entire pouch (approx. 2 weeks), I got even smarter and made little tobacco/gum pills (about the size of an aspirin pill).  I would take the homemade tobacco/gum pills with a meal so my tummy would tolerate it better and I would take no more than 7 to 12 at one time.  I would take the larger dose just before bed so that if I felt ill I'd be sleeping and I wouldn't notice it.
It has been four weeks since the first day I took the tobacco and about two weeks since I finished the last bit of it.  I don't feel or see signs of any worms (haven't for a few weeks).  I had a particularly tough batch of worms so tobacco really does do the job.
I firmly, without a doubt, feel God helped me find the forum with the tobacco information on it.  I prayed and prayed for God to heal me and he has.  Here is a little prayer I used to say a lot during the infection:
"Answer me when I call you oh my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress, have mercy on me and hear my prayer." - Psalm 4.  It is a prayer my brother shared with me because he used it when he was going through a very tough mental health issue.  It helped get us both through very tough times in our lives.
Even once I knew the worms were dead and couldn't detect them anymore, I still felt twinges in my anal area from time to time.  My bottom area had been through hell during the infection because of all the stuff I had tried to keep the itching and crawling sensation away.  The last thing I had been using was Vicks, also a tough customer.  It took my bottom a long time to heal from the effects of using Vicks, the healing is what I believe the twinges were.  I had sort of a giant diaper rash and it took awhile to heal.  Also, I had bad hemorrhoids and it took them a long time to calm down afterwards as well.
THIS WORKS!  If it worked to kill the horribly resistant worms I had, it should work to kill anyone's worms.  I hadn't had a break from the worms any longer than a single week since the infection started and I've been free of them for longer than that now.  Keep at it and don't stop eating the mixture until it is all gone.  You may not need to eat an entire pouch (I have no idea this wasn't exactly an exact science lol), however, I wasn't taking any chances.  For mothers with children who are dealing with resistant worms they shouldn't need to take as much I believe.  Please take it easy with this cure, it is hard on your tummy and I felt ill a lot while taking it, but persist.
May God bless you and keep you safe.
i have these terriable MONSTERS too but not much symptoms. no itching because i fast. i dont eat anything from about 4:40 in the morning to 8:20 and not much symptoms actually not at all. i know that sounds intense and u probably wont be able to do it but it works. then eat all the home remedies and mediciens that everyone else mentioned and theyre ready to go. keep a strict hygiene and wash your front and back part with water and soap. IM REPEATING WASH WITH WATER AND USE YOUR HAND. DO NOT USE TOILET PAPER. ONLY TO DAB THE WATER ON YOUR SKIN. i hope these creatures go to hell and eeryone feels better. i feel what u guys are feeling. best wishes for all of us....
Interesting, I hope it works!  That would be far down my list of herbs to try though.  Quinna from nutradmedix is quite good for pinworms.  What I've found though is any of us with chronic parasites have something wrong/missing with our immune system.  Also, i read pinworms can neutralize our digestive enzymes so they can move easier.  I rotate enzymes daily on an empty stomach, never the same one two days in a row.  pancreatic, papain, bromelain, they are all good for antiparasites.  Cut out the carbs for a couple weeks and this wil also do wonders!  
I had pinworms a little over a month ago.. i took these pill and after a few bowel movements they were gone! Until last night when i was experiencing an irritated rectal and saw one in my poo. I have noticed some of the same symptoms from the last time i had them but there also feels like theres some sort of bruise on my but bone and aches constantly. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the pinworms
does the grape seed work ? i was going to try that
Woke up again and I know that I need to sleep, so that I can fight the invaders. "Stay positive". I say to myself but I can't help but go through the stages of grief  that one would go through after losing a loved one." You can't let these things disable you." I say,.but sleep deprivation is trying to rule here too. I'm getting the hours of sleep of a Med student and eating even less. Maybe if I just scream loudly, these pin worms and their eggs would just die. I too have tried Dr.Clark, herbs, thinking myself well, the physician's Vermox and OCD cleaning sprees and yes I am so tired. Talked to nurses who know very little on the subject and my doctor patronizes me, so maybe I should be talking to a scientist. I am flabbergasted that the illness pin worms and eggs seems to stump him and my heart break for those who deal with this while fighting life threatening diseases. However, this illness can also be life threatening. I was so busy stuffing garlic any and everywhere, and it wasn't until later that I found out from Annie's Remedy's.com, that garlic becomes poison if it enters the blood stream, and all I can say folks is yes, there is a God. Since I've become my own lab rat, I wear gloves every time I use the bathroom and sleep, Depends diapers under my underwear. Wash hand and scrub nail beds, bleach in my bath water every three days {Yes I said bleach} Spraying alcohol on scalp {every other day}, air purifier and clean air filters. Also, I put my things in plastic bags and into storage until better. Removed Carbs, Sugars, and Fats along with red meats from diet. Eating and cleaning well fresh organic fruit and veggies. Added MSM, Castor oil, Vitamins, Probiotic 3billions, Vinegar and Salt. Well Community as we all know these drills are just the half of it. , .
ive only read about half these posts... found some great ideas, thanks all.
definitely going to look into the zinc / hcl deficiency ideas coupled with excessive garlic and other vitamins.

i just cannot believe this happens to people.  i believe i am infested with parasites as well, and im sure multiple varieties.  

you know what they need for all this??  more awareness and EDUCATION!!!

i have alot of filthy friends, and im not even the cleanliest person myself, but there is no way in HELL my lethargic friends or their lethargic families will be willing to do any of these required steps.  and re-infection amongst us all will persist inevitably.  

they need to FORCE people to go to education for this stuff!!!  i mean god, ive taken alot of advanced bio classes in college and i am a bio major (partially due to all these unexplainable horrific health problems ive aquired) but, this crap is never even taught.  sure, sure they teach about parasites and etc but the extent to how infectuous they are and how impossible they are to get rid of is completely unexplained.  

i had no ideaaaa about any of this until i started researching for myself on the internet.  doctors dont know sheit either.  i live with my parents and my dad who's health is horrible and who's cleanliness is really awful too, always has stomache pains and diahrea and various ailments.  im sure the bathroom downstairs is CONTAMINATED with his eggs (now that i realize they are airborne. and i have been taking showers in there!! never again!!  he wont listen. he wont care.  

stool tests show nothing. ive had a dozen or so over the years.  i am in hell with no solution... hopefully i can take out a loan next semester to gtfo of my parents house and try to get somewhere i can actually successfully become a germaphobe.   cant believe they can live for 16 weeks in egg form.  its just unheard of to me.. insane.
Pin Worms have it made because the information floating around can be outdated or of no use to ridding oneself from them. Yes hand washing and being tidy helps fight germs but what the Pin Worms Assistant wont take the time to tell a patient is that in reality Pin Worms / Enterobius  spreads just as easily as the common cold or Flu does. Why this information is on the hush hush I will never know but I have promised myself for myself and others to get to the bottom of it. I plan on blowing the top off the matter and there will be no shame, since my research has led me to understand that one in three people have this in their very own gut and yes some of them are working at hospitals ,schools etc etc etc. So Center For Disease Control will be hearing from me and that its just the start of me exposing the Pin Worms Assistants whom ever they may be and I refuse to give up. .
There is NO REASON what-so-ever for it to be easier for a dog or cat to be de-wormed but when it comes to a human being it becomes rocket science in the 21st century.
I get them every couple of months when I bite my nails after touching my feet or flip flops accidentally. Reese's Pinworm Medicine does it for me. Get's rid of them in 24 hours usually. A few times it stopped and took almost 2 days however. I really recommend it.
*Update 2 - It's been 2 1/2 months now and still pinworm free.  A couple of things I forgot to mention in the last post.  I continued to take DE during and after taking the tobacco.  On September 18th I will have taken DE for 90 days.  

I am not the world's best housekeeper and everyone in my house is still worm free.  What I did in addition to washing soiled clothes and bedding daily (during the tobacco treatment), was wipe everything I touched down with rubbing alcohol.  I had also turned my hot water tank up to the highest setting so my clothes were washed in the hottest water possible.  

My son is not allowed to eat in his room EVER, including snacks.  We all wash our hands before eating ANYTHING and both the mop and the broom sat for 1/2 an hour in water that had just been boiled.  I did this again after the tobacco treatment was done.

Good luck people.  My heart goes out to those of you still suffering.  Take care.
PLEASE READ THIS!
I had intermittent bouts of threadworm since 2004 which became chronic and severe about 3 years ago. As nothing conventional was working I decided to try a different approach. I am now clear.
It is essential that Threadworm is fed glucose in order to breed. Glucose is derived in abundance from carbs such as refined sugars, grains (bread pasta), fruit juices, soft drinks, processed and fermented foods (such as cheese). These also make the body very acidic and prone to illness. Chronic Threadworm is a symptom, a sign that the body is totally out of balance.
I started on an acid free diet about 9 months ago. the threadworm symptoms dropped within a week by 80% , and after a few weeks by about another 10%. I would get a surge in symptoms if I broke the diet, but I can be a bit more relaxed now. It has taken months to gradually clear it, but it is possible using diet alone.  I am sure though that the infection would return if I resumed my old habit of sugar and wheat addiction . I also have far more energy and dont wake up exhausted every morning.
The low acid diet cures a list of problems such as bowel disorders, Candida, chronic fatigue etc...and boosts the immune system.

Websites which may help are:  http:// www.energiseforlife.com    http://alkalineliving.info      also loads of info, food charts, and recipes on google.
Threadworm is not a disease, and IS NOT a hygiene issue. If it was then the obsessive neurotic hygiene programs which are advised for this condition,  would work. Also,parasites are able to genetically adapt to medication in order to survive, which is why the drugs usually dont work.  Please dont try the fasting - you will put the parasite into survival mode and weaken your immune system. Also please dont insert raw garlic internally.  Garlic is deceptively powerful and you will develop internal ulcers of your mucose membranes.

My best wishes to everyone reading this - no matter what - keep your self esteem high - essential.
To anyone who tries the low-acid diet - if you have success too, PLEASE  return and leave some feedback so that others can benefit. THANK YOU
Really really love your post and thank you for taking the time to so.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates about 40 million people are infected with pinworms currently in the US. For pinworm infections of the genitourinary tract, mebendazole alone may be inadequate, and as such ivermectin is usually supplemented. Topical insecticides containing malathion or ivermectin may also be applied to the skin of the perineum in order to eliminate pinworm eggs.
I have Diatomaceous Earth food grade, but I read in another post that it must be the gray stuff, and the one that I have is beige. How does yours look ?
To the one who have spoken of movement under skin just about everywhere, I wanted to make a suggestion to also look into Trichinosis Disease which is also worms, Here is want I read so far, The first symptoms of trichinellosis are gastrointestinal, usually occurring 1-2 days after a person consumes raw or undercooked meat from a Trichinella-infected animal. These symptoms include:Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting and Abdominal pain.The classic trichinellosis symptoms often occur within 2 weeks after eating contaminated meat, and can last up to 8 weeks: Muscle pain, Fever,Swelling of the face, particularly the eyes, Weakness or fatigue, Headaches, Chills,  Itchy skin or rash, Cough, Diarrhea or Constipation. CDC say symptoms may range from very mild to severe and relate to the number of infectious worms consumed in the meat. Many mild cases of trichinellosis are never specifically diagnosed because they are assumed to be the flu or other common illnesses. Furthermore, many people with Trichinella infection do not experience any symptoms at all.

If the infection is heavy, persons may have trouble coordinating movements, and have heart and breathing problems. Although rare, death can occur in severe cases. For mild to moderate infections, most symptoms go away within a few months.
My DE is a chalky grey color.
Thank you.
It's just grey there is no mistaking it.
COCONUT OIL AND PROBIOTICS
Hello all, I just had a second bout of pinworm which I discovered the other night. I went straight to the pharmacy and when I got there, realized the meds I took before were not over-the-counter and needed an Rx. By divine intervention, it so happened that the pharmacist was really into holistic health and told me to take coconut oil and probiotics (the kind found in the earth - he said Primal Defense is best). I'm a huge fan of coconut oil and had forgotten that I read it's amazing at treating infectious diseases like Giardia, so it made sense that it would also work for pinworm.

Just like denise6 mentioned, an outbreak of pinworm has to do with a high acidic content in your gut (sugar, meats, carbs all contribute to this), which creates the perfect breeding ground for these horrific creatures. But if you create an environment in which they can't live, then you'll be good to go. Don't become so OCD cleaning and washing and sanitizing - in the end, this only hurts your system in the end (your body isn't meant to live in a completely sterile environment and besides, it's not possible to get it 100% clean). What you can control is what you put inside your body and not allowing worms, viruses, bacteria to breed and live there (btw, this also includes cancer cells - which can't live in an alkaline environment and thrive in an acidic envrionment). Google Coconut Oil Detox as well as the benefits of using probiotics. I took the oil the minute I got home from the pharmacy and also applied coconut oil lotion to my bum and haven't noticed a single thing since. Just note that you need to ease into taking coconut oil (1-2 tsp, 3x's/day) and then work your way to 1-2Tbs. It doesn't taste good, but better than the alternative. When you start taking it, you will notice a "die off" or "detox" effect - feelings of nausea, dizziness, confusion. But it's a good sign - it means it's getting all of the toxins out of your body.

Finally, be sure to drink lemon juice (plain or in water) every day, as lemon juice is incredible for helping the body stay alkaline and keeping the worms away. Just be sure to stay away from ALL SUGAR and as much meat and bread products as possible.

Hope this helps! And good luck!
I'm having trouble finding the gray DE but I will keep trying. Still looking for a doctor that can relate and all I have now is a few doctors and hospital bills. I don't know how it is they justify passing out bills without having done the job. For now I working on the colon so whenever I find what will work the pin heads wouldn't  be able to hideout there anymore. Also to take my mind off this nightmare I'm exploring way to truly inform the general public because I dread this happen to another person or child and the information needed not be there for them.

If anyone like research I found this study from Sanford University very helpful and here is the link.

http://www.stanford.edu/class/humbio103/ParaSites2006/Enterobius/Enterobius%20vermicularis.htm

I've had pinworm since I was 8. I'm 18 now and I've decided to take action. I want to get rid of them but I'm way too embarrassed to tell anyone. Since I'm a female they crawl out of you and up in vaginal areas and I'm embarrassed at just the thought! I hate them and I'm nervous because I don't do well with liquid medicines. 10 years is long enough and I don't mind a day of sickness to get rid of these guys, but I can't even think if going into a drug store to buy the treatment. I may just buy it online. I just hope my search ends successfully. I know of one way to seriously reduce numbers, but it's disgusting. But I hope you all can stop them just as much as I wish I could. Thanks for listening!
oh my gosh. I am thirteen to and have had this issue for 6 years off and on. iknow how you feel.
pinworms are gross my step daughter keeps getting them for about the last year beenfighting tem never knowof them till then i haveheard about garlic and hnyevery day for like 2 wks to and we have used resses pin worm meds if you ont go top to bottm of your house and be very care full with your lenions yu will just eep getting hem and they are like head lice they spread lik wild fire so you may want to let your frinds now as well if they have them you could be geting them from tere or your own hose clean well and treat this will keep them away thanks for all th help every oe hopthis helps you out  
I am 14 and I just got in a relationship with The Lord and he is the greatest thing that could ever happen to a person!! He has done soo much for me! I got fed up with the things and I prayed and just asked God to touch my body and cure and prevent them. The very next day they were completely gone and there was no trace of them. He can truly do amazing things and all you have to do is pray, worship, and listen the the mighty lord on high! I hope you get to know The Lord like I am and hope he does great things for you;)
My 4 year old diabetic son was diagnosed with pin worms about 5 weeks ago.  The whole family took Reese's Pin Worm Remedy and my 4 year old and 2 year old both had severe allergic reaction to it, so our second dose (exactly 2 weeks later) consisted of them taking Vermox and my H and I taking Reeses.

Fast forward 12 days--my 2 year old became symptomatic (insomnia and butt itching) and I checked my own stool and found a few "sterile" eggs and maybe even a couple of "dead" adults--I decided we needed a 3rd dose and this time got the entire family Vermox PLUS I put the 2 adults on:

2000 mg of Cinnemon (a natural vermifuge)
500 mg of Ginger (a natural vermifuge)
1000 mg of Garlic (a natural vermifuge AND THE ENEMY OF PIN WORMS IN PARTICULAR)

We take these supplaments 4 times daily.

The 4 year old can swallow the garlic but not the other supplaments.

ALSO- Our MD said the main reason families stay infected is the individuals are all cycling with the fertility period at different times, so if they are not eradicated within 2 doses then 3 or 4 doses of VERMOX are necessary.

Lastly, I paste the children's butts with home-made cold pressed Garlic Oil mixed with vaseline--I tried it myself, it doesn't burn or sting and I even take a cue-tip and poke a little into their rectums.

The key thing is this: even if you feel the squirmy wormies wriggling, if you stay on a regimen of 12 to 14 days of dosing then THEY ARE NOT FERTILE!!!!! Don't give up...as long as you keep them from laying new eggs you can be free of them in about 6 to 8 weeks (once you get the ENTIRE FAMILY ON THE SAME FERTILITY CYCLE).

In Canada you can buy Vermox without a prescription and I have purchased 90 tablets for only $60 dollars.  This is a really great deal (as a single tablet here in the US was $5.98).

We are practicing washing all our linens at least twice weekly, changing underwear twice daily, washing bottoms 3 times daily and I DON'T LET THE KIDS WIPE THEIR OWN BUTTS---THEY DON'T HAVE THE DEXTERITY TO KEEP POOH OFF THEIR FINGERTIPS.

Don't give up, be vigilient, but keep your sanity--treat with Vermox.

One last note--I read on Vermox's own websit that for South Africa, their recommended treatment was: 2 Tablets of Vermox TWICE DAILY for 3 days in a row followed by the same regimen 12-14 days later...this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more stringent than what is recommended for US and Canada (probably because parasites are more of a problem there). So for you guys who are feeling over-run or completely infested, please check out this South African treatment (read it yourself, don't take my word for it!).

You may want to treat more vigorously.

I am already prepping for a "profilactic" 4th dose for the entire family--specifically because no one should be "spreading eggs" at this time, so we will only be killing the adults.  Also, we are taking precautions and using herbals--even so, DON'T TAKE CHANCES, you should eradicate them and not take a "wait and see" approach.  Vermox is considered harmless unless you have chronic liver disease--so DO EVERYTHING TO GET RID OF THESE PARASITES (i.e. medicines AS WELL AS naturopathy)
So sorry for your condition!  Adult worms are killed by Vermox and only eggs are left.  While the eggs will hatch within a week or so, they don't become fertile until 3 weeks or so and this is your window to kill them before they become fertile again!

Buy the Vermox (don't waste your time with Reeses or PinX), take eone pill every 12 - 14 days for 6 -8 weeks.  This will keep every nematode in your body from becoming fertile and even if you reinfect yourself the first few doses (because of old eggs lying around on things in youe home and are practically impossible to kill), the left over eggs can only live as long as 3 weeks outside of the human body.  

This means if you keep yours internal nematodes from becoming fertile and all the external eggs die off, it will be impossible to reinfect yourself after 6 weeks of treatments. So the 8th week treatment is profilactic (but in your case it sounds necessary).

One last thing--everyone close to you should be consisered a carrier and should be given 2 profilactic doses of the Vermox "just in case". I did this with my adult daughter and her boyfriend even though we saw them only twice during our infestation period.  They never showed any signs of infection, but better safe than sorry.

As a post script: consider taking a regular regimen of cinnemon, ginger, and garic supplaments--these are natural vermifuges (this means they "stun" adult parasites and cause them to be released in your stool).
My 4 year old diabetic son was diagnosed about 5 weeks ago.  The whole family took Reese's Pin Worm Remedy and my 4 year old and 2 year old both had severe allergic reaction to it, so our second dose (exactly 2 weeks later) consisted of them taking Vermox and my husband and I taking Reeses.

500 mg of Ginger (a natural vermifuge)

The 4 year old can swallow the garlic but not the other supplaments.  He gets it 3 times daily (a lot for his age).

ALSO- Our MD said the main reason families stay infected is the individuals are all cycling the fertility period of these nematodes at different times, so IF they are not eradicated within 2 doses then 3 or 4 doses of VERMOX are necessary to ensure everyone is outside of a fertile period at the same time.  The doses of Vermox should be NO MORE THAN 14 DAYS APART (we decided 12 days was better for our family because we were all "out of sync" and we didn't want even one single fertile female to mature, so we got a little ahead of the dosing schedule).

Also, I paste the children's butts with home-made cold pressed Garlic Oil mixed with vaseline--I tried it myself, it doesn't burn or sting and I even take a cue-tip and poke a little into their (and my own) rectums.  

During my 4 year old's first round of treatment--after about 10 days on this suppository, he had A HUGE BM that was completely filled with sterile eggs (you can tell they are sterile because they are big enough to see with the naked eye and look like the round, white tops of straight pins (the kind used for sewing)--hence the name Pin Worms).  

His BM was so painful that he screamed for me to come in and help him--apparently, they all died and released at the same time---there were literally thousands of these "pin" sized eggs.  He has been symptom free ever since.  Ironically, we were dosing to his schedule, so he was the first to clear up.

One last note--I read on Vermox's own websit that for South Africa, their recommended treatment was: 2 Tablets of Vermox TWICE DAILY for 3 days in a row followed by the same regimen 12-14 days later...this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more aggressive than what is recommended for US and Canada (probably because parasites are more of a problem there). So for you guys who are feeling over-run or completely infested, please check out this South African treatment (read it yourself, don't take my word for it!).

You may want to treat more vigorously.

I am already prepping for a "profilactic" 4th dose for the entire family--no one should be "spreading eggs" since the last dose, we are taking precautions and using herbals just in case a few immature nematodes escaped the Vermox (also, I am keeping the 2 year old in diapers to "contain" his infection)--even so, DON'T TAKE CHANCES, you should eradicate them and not take a "wait and see" approach.  

Vermox is considered harmless unless you have chronic liver disease--so DO EVERYTHING TO GET RID OF THESE PARASITES (i.e. medicines AS WELL AS naturopathy).  At first I went completely OCD cleaning like a maniac until I was exhausted, but then the MD (beleive it or not) explained the life cycle of the Pin Worm Nematode and she made it clear that a thorough cleaning initially followed by the changes in personal habits (underwear and butt washing, etc.) and regular vacuuming, toilette washing, and towel and linen washing was all we would need.  

These critters have a life-cycle and think smartly about how to eradicate them using their weakness (i.e. their 10 day window in their life when they can be killed but aren't fertile yet).  Eventually everyone in your household will sync up to the same fertility cycle and as long as you retain good personal hygiene habits until then, you won't be spreading them to others.

Most importantly, keep your fingers away from your face and gently remove your pants, underwear, towels, and bed linens (this keeps the half-dried eggs from becoming airborn).  The miniscule numbers of immature nematodes that may escape the first 2 doses of Vermox will be nearly insignificant and won't be able to survive good personal (private) hygiene--this will help you to eradicate them completely by the 3 or in our case 4th dose.
Sweetheart that's wonderful news and I am so happy for you.
All I have seem to be able to do is keep the numbers very low. What I have had to do to myself has been very harsh but I know that one day I will come across a cure. Everyday I take about three tablespoons of DE and yes it works but it also make it hard to go to the bathroom , so I make sure I take a sugar free fiber therapy from Walmart everyday and it helps out a lot. I also rub Ivermectin paste on my bum all day long because that is the only thing I found that kills the eggs. DE for the worms and Ivermectin paste for the eggs and I buy the paste at farm supply store because the one I use is also used for deworming Horses and the name is Horse Health and yes it is working. Every so often when I feel an explosion of worms hatching I take the paste orally for about four days a bit smaller than a the size of a dime. I also drink 90 proof  Booth Gin because I read here that it stop them somehow from moving at night and driving you crazy and yes this too has worked for me but I can honestly say that I am sick of Gin. I am not advising here I am just saying what has worked for me until I can find a doctor who know better.
PS. It took a few weeks to see a change but with the Gin, that was right away. {smile}
Also I must add those SOB's are very crafty but we are so much more than bugs. Use baby wipe everywhere you feel their stinking trail and fight just as hard as they do but I suggest even harder because yes we are smarter and they can be defeated.
tell your counselor at school about what is going on. there are medical programs that can pay for your medicane and they dont need to tell anyone.
I don't know if I mentioned this, but from the first day we were diagnosed 5 weeks ago, we hired a cleaning service and had every surface in our home cleaned, scrubbed, and vacuumed (it was just too much for me to do alone).  

What I didn't know at that time was that the eggs can become air born from bed linens and pants--I beleive this is how I was infected.  Also, my 2 year old dragged a blanket around the house and chewed on it, and I think this is how he became infected.

The original child who was infected has shown no sign of reinfection (he has practiced keeping his fingers away from his mouth and face and persistant handwashing as well as changing underwear twice daily and allowing me to wipe his bum).  To this day, he has remained completely symptom free (but we treat him and his dad who has also remained symptom free as if they are infected and remain just as vigilent with them as we are with my infected son and me).

So, I mentioned our MD was particularly enlightened regarding the life-cycle of the Pin Worm Nematode and we actually did a timeline regarding the potential spread of eggs in the house.  She advised me that all of our vigilence likely meant the risk of future infection was almost impossible.  The only last precaution we might take would be steam cleaning our carpets and re-cleaning the house (just in case).

So within 2 days of the 3rd dose for the family we did both of these things: had the house professionally cleaned (again) and steam cleaned the carpets and vacuumed all the furniture.  We also washed every bed linen in scalding water (even the duvets and comforters).  This was all done to keep any old eggs from becoming airborn or infecting the kids by touch.

So, it has been 8 days since our 3rd dose of Vermox.  During this whole time we are practicing emaculate private cleansing (that I mentioned earlier) as well as taking precautionary herbals and applying garlic paste and zinc oxide to the bums of the kids and myself (my H doesn't seem to want to try the butt paste, but we are also remaining celebate during this 12 day period--again, just in case).  My H claims he has had absolutely no symptoms at all, but he is taking the medication and the herbals.

I am VERY EAGERLY awaiting the 4th treatment and won't consider we are free of them until 14 to 21 days AFTER the 4th treatment--during that time period, we will continue with the herbals and the extra careful sanitary practices.

The time-line the MD and I made, really gave me sense of empowerment because I can look at it and see there is absolutely no way anyone can be spreading eggs under these circumstances--this really gives me a peace of mind that I did not have at the start of this infestation.

I encourage everyone to do a time-line based on their treatment cycle--track all of your precautions and you will see that the nematodes can't be laying eggs during certain periods of time--you may feel them wriggle occasionally, but they are not mature enough to lay eggs and this is important--wait the 12 days to treat again EVEN IF you feel them a little--this will allow ALL of the nematodes to become mature enough to die from a treatment, but will also ensure NONE of them are old enough to lay eggs.

If you keep cycling like this then you will eventually eradicate them.

Lastly, no one has written this in the thread, so I am compelled to point it out:  these eggs are spread from butt to mouth, they are not usually spread from butt back into butt.  The only way they can be spread from butt back into butt is if you never wash your butt and the eggs have a week to mature near your anus.  Most of the people on this site are chronically clean (to the point of OCD), so if you are careful to always wash your bum a few times a day and always wash your hands, sheets, towels, underwear, and pants--you can never spread them back into your mouth or bottom.

100 years ago, this was the only recommended treatment: just wait it out for 2 months and be immaculately clean.  Believe it or not, you can simply get rid of them by interrupting their breeding cycle by cleaning your bum and keeping your fingers away from your face.

I encourage anyone who has done all of these strategies, but still feel infested to PLEASE GO SEE A DIFFERENT MD, it is my sincere beleif you are infested with a different type of parasite and you need much stronger prescription medication.

I know you feel you have Pin Worm and maybe even have been told you have pin worm, but Pin Worm responds to the clean treatment (even the drug resistant varieties)--if you are immaculately clean after 2-3 months and still have a crazy bad infestation, I really think you may consider you have something else.  Please get a second opinion.
Next step will be a Infectious Diseased Physician.
My father in law spent some time in South America with his church and he came back with TERRIBLE parasites of all kinds.  He was treated and cured, but it took 2 years to get rid of them all and the damage they did to him took a huge toll on his heart.  He eventually died of the damage these parasites did to his heart (just a few months ago, actually).

Please go see a different doctor, maybe one who specializes in Parasites (there are few out there).  I feel horribly for you and I worry the remedies you are taking are quite harsh on your body and may not even be killing off the parasites.  

I have seen first hand (through the death of my father in law) what can happen with dangerous parasites when they aren't treated properly.

Please read my bio--I am an aromatherapist and I specialize in naturopathic remedies (that can be taken internally) based on ayurvedic essential oils.  HOWEVER, I always encourage the union between holistic medicine and western medicine.  

I think if you had pin worms (only) then you would have cleared them by now.  It is clear to me that you likely have another problem (as well).  

Don't wait too long--go see a specialist soon.  I will be praying for you!
Can you explain this method further please?  I am confused on the 21 day day period and at least 3 days thing?  I was given the albendazole 400mg (2 pills to take, and then a second dose for in 2 weeks.  Do I need to take the same but in 3, 1 week increments?
I was watching "House" on TV and  this episode about parasite/pinworms came up and he solved it with by giving the person a very high dose of Bendazoles and lasers surgery for the infection in the eye. I believe it something to think about.and might would add a second treatment of Bendazoles in three weeks when eggs laid than begin to hatch. .
I mention in a previous post about how drinking Gin, my choice was 90 proof "Booths" stopped those suckers so that I could rest at night but I wanted to also add that I'm not sure if that was because they were stunned, dead or just drunk. As for me I drank enough to know that I shouldn't even think about driving anywhere until the morning. ALSO this too is a must and I have yet to hear a doctor mention this and that is while the Meds are killing the worms that said person also NEEDS a good PROBIOTIC. to restore a proper balance. If you have ran into a Dr. that has mention Probiotics to you, well my friend that said Dr. is a keeper.
My post (at this point anyway) doesn't refer to the "drug resistant" varieties of pinworms.  We think (like I said, at this point anyway) that we have been exposed to ordinary pinworms.

So the union between holistic medicine and western medicine, goes like this:

Take the Vermox (medbindezole) 1 dose every 12 -14 days for 4 cycles (that is 8 weeks) if you are a family (not an individual).  The reason your FAMILY needs this treatment is because you are all cycling your fertility period at different times and you are ALSO waiting for any eggs lying around your house to die off.  This takes a maximum of 3 weeks.  If you add three weeks of life to the eggs and three weeks to mature in your gut (to be effected by the Vermox), this is how you get 4 treatment cycles and it allows everyone in your family to get their fertility cyclle (of the pin worms) on the same cycle.

My MD and I came up with this together.

Ok, now for the holistic side.  We take garlic internally as supplements 3-4 times daily every day during this 2 month period--it is the natural enemy of pin worms and acts as a vermifuge (stuns adults before they can become fertile and allows them to be released in your stool).

The adults are also taking ginger and cinnemon (also natural vermiguges). And as someone else recommended zinc supplements because they change the ph of your colon which helps keep their numbers low.

I rub the kids bottoms with garlic/vaseline paste and zinc oxide paste (Desitin-easy to find anywhere).  This keeps them from crawling out and laying eggs.

Near the end of the 12 days cycle (like the 8th day) I start putting garlic paste or even a garlic clove in my own bum at night--again to keep any unlikely parasite from being able to breed (it doesn't hurt AT ALL and is easy to use--like any supposatory--just put some vaseline on it).

Lastly, wash everyone's bums at least twice daily (with soap) don't use a bath towel more than once, switch to paper towels for the 2 month period, and if you can afford it, have your house professionally cleaned and your carpets steam cleaned (this is really a last ditch approach because personal hygiene will most likely work anyway) and most importantly KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM YOUR FACE AND MOUTH and change your underwear twice daily--these critters breed from butt to mouth, not from butt to butt.  

This means, that before your knew you were infected, you likely spread eggs around your house unkowingly, but after your find out your are infected, just by keeping your fingers away from your face, you will cut off the most common mode of infection. HOWEVER, you may still be infected by those dreaded half-dried eggs that can become airborn and you can inhale for up to three weeks post your initial infection (hence the 8 WEEK TREATMENT CYCLE, THIS ACCOUNTS FOR THE CHANCE OF AIRBORN OR TOUCH INFECTION FROM OLD EGGS)

Ok, so this is the "marriage" of western and holistic medicine.

My family just took our 4th dose and funny, I suspected I was infect at the 3rd dose and felt terribly week and gross after that dose.  I thought pretty much verified I had been infected.  

This 4th dose, I had no reaction at all (likely it was profilactic for both my sons and myself), but I fear my Hubby FINALLY got infected, because he got sick and ran to the bathroom all day after taking the medicine (as the MD said, the fertility cycle was different for everyone).  To me this means we continue taking all the herbals, treating with sanitary hygiene, and once again, take a fifth and hopefully last dose.  This time, we are only waiting 10 days because I am sure no one is infected but the old man and all of his tiny nematodes should be mature and moved down into his gut by then (because I am POSITIVE we have no old eggs lying around and the kids and I completely symptom free.).

As long as ALL OF US continue with the natural vermifuges and sanitary practices, NO EGGS CAN BE SPREAD--it is simply a matter of ridding us completely of all the adult nematodes before they can mature and begin mating.

As my MD said (and I don't really care for MD's), but she said it wisely, make a timeline to assure yourself that no one can reach a fertile period, as long as no one is spreading eggs, it's just a matter of making sure all the adults are killed off--due to the number of people in our family and the fact that we all caught them at different times, it takes a while to kill them all off...

BUT YOU MUST KILL THEM ALL OFF OR YOU WILL REINFECT YOURSEVES...it will likely take you 3 months to realize that you have reinfected yourself...so play it safe.  Vermox is completely safe unless you have a chronic liver disease and all those natural vermifuges I mentioned are also safe...but you may want to keep an eye on your blood sugar and blood pressure because they can lower both.

BE VIGILANT, BE CLEAN, TAKE PRECAUTIONS, TAKE YOUR MEDICINE, TAKE YOUR NATURAL REMEDIES

Best of luck!
The South African Treatment for Pin Worms is:

3 days in a row, 2 tablets daily followed 12-14 days (wouldnt' wait 14 days myself !) for another round of 3 days in a row, 2 tablets a day.

For you: Perhaps double the amount? Or maybe go a third round of treatment?

Mebendazole is considered safe because human beings don't have the organ (or is it organelle?) to absorb the active ingredient, so it mostly passes right through our bodies without abosrption (unless you have chronic liver disease).

You can order through an online Canadian pharmacy with no prescription: 90 tablets for $60--definitly worth the price!

I have already said that I think you may have a different variety of parasite and I would seek a second opinion, HOWEVER, if you want to try one more time...this is the scenario I would do for myself.

I continue to pray to Our Creator daily that you find the answer!  Lots of love and many blessings to you!

P.S. Please look into the natural vermifuges I mentioned up the thread, they eventually work, it just takes longer (but they don't get drug resistant!)
Well having reviewed the comments it appears that 1) an alkaline diet 2) reducing carbs 3) taking DE, 4)  taking coconut oil 5) good hygene 6) including raw garlic in yr diet 7) Cinnemon  and Ginger 8) cayeene pepper 8) zinc 9) clove oil 10) putting cream on yr but to smother eggs are all things to try.                                                                    And if you get desperate...........Chewing Tobacco Kills Pinworms!   Good Luck!   :)
What I am doing now is working and I wouldn't say so if it wasn't true and I have only been fighting this invasion since July 2012 about six very long months, also reading every post placed here. For a few days now I have felt no movement from the worms and I am already planning to do what I am ****, again in about three weeks from now in case of hatching eggs. When I am successful I will post what it took for me to rid myself of this parasitic infection and no its not conventional but nor are pinworms, the invasion of the body snatchers.
I wouldn't wait the full 3 weeks.  The directions on the Vermox says to wait that long because they are assuming you have reinfected yoursefl with fresh eggs since your first dose.  

YOU of all people have not reinfected yourself (with all the precautions you are taking!).  Logically speaking, you are just waiting for the immature nematodes that were present at your last dose and the last of the few eggs (if there were any!) to become mature enough to kill.

If you wait the full 3 weeks you are risking the chance that SOME of the older nematodes get old enough to breed and create new eggs.  All you are trying to do now is let them get old enough to be killed by your medicine/technique/herbals or whatever your mode of killing them is.

Please let me reiterate: let those crazy critters get old enough to be killed; not old enough to BREED!  Only wait 10 days or so...we are doing that in my family, too (read up the thread and you will see I am doing that with our 5th and final dose...10 days ONLY...kill them while you can and don't give them a chance to reproduce!)
Thanks and nice heads up.
So I did a little research and the reason Vermox (Mebindazole) is usually considered harmless to  human beings is because it is designed to make a "tubule" SPECIFIC ONLY TO THE PINWORM NEMATODE ineffective at uptaking glucose (the nematode's source of food).  This causes the mature nematodes to die off within 3 days.

Human beings don't have a corollary organ in our bodies, so unless you have a chronic liver condition, almost none is absorbed into the human body.  I absolutely believe we should take all the necessary naturopathic remedies that help us to shake off these disgusting critters, but I also feel very safe taking the Vermox and I encourage all of you who feel you have developed the drug resistant varieties to try both.

My MD explained that our family needed extra doses because the fertility period of each of our infestation was different (so they were being killed off in each of us at different times).  Because we are all healthy in other respects, we are all taking extra doses of Vermox (at the same time) "just in case".

Please google "south african vermox treatment for pinworms" and you will find the south african treatment is MUCH MORE AGGRESSIVE then the US/Canada treatment--the manufacturers wouldn't advise this aggressive treatment if it was considerably more dangerous than a normal treatment (because pinworms are actually considered harmless, believe it or not, they are considered harmless, but gross!).

Also, remember MD's advise based on a 2-3 week schedule to wait for any eggs present in the upper gut to mature, but if you have treated 2 or 3 times, their shouldn't be any eggs left in the upper gut and waiting that long to treat only makes it possible (even though it is unlikely, it is still possible) that any immature nematodes that were present but not killed during the first treatments mature enough to reach their fertility period (and then you would be spreading eggs again).

For my own family, I will not wait that long to treat our fifth (and hopefully final time).  For anyone out their who has been religiously waiting the 3 weeks...I would hazard a guess that you are reinfecting yourself because you are waiting too long in between treatments and a few unlikely nematodes are maturing and spreading eggs just enough to keep a baseline in your body without killing 100% off.  

Our treatment regimen has been the first 3 treatments were 12-14 days, the 4th was 10 days and the 5th will be 10 days (ensuring that no eggs could be produced or laid).  For those who feel they have drug resistant varieties, I believe the suggestion is to increase the dosing itself (instead of 100 mg tablet, you take something stronger).  

Read the South African treatment PLEASE!!!!!  And dose to a schedule that WILL NOT allow ANY NEMATODES TO MATURE TO ADULTHOOD.

Of course I always recommend the natural vermifuges, too (garlic, clove, ginger, cinnemon, zinc, and the rest)--these should be taken all throughout your infestation period and at least 2-3 weeks after.
maybe you could tell us now so we can see if yr method works too?
Everything seems to be working after the 4th treatment...no itchy bottoms, regular formed BM's (instead of runny and gross)--no thread or hair like things in the stool---still taking the natural vermifuges and still planning on taking the 5th Vermox dose...my only fear is the my Hubby doesn't take it seriously enough (yeah!  like everyone else out there...it seems family members don't understand how easily this spreads!).

I have caught him a few times scratching his bum--I have told him a thousand times...NO MATTER WHAT! DON'T TOUCH ANYWHERE NEAR THAT AREA OF YOUR BODY...but you know how guys are, they itch, they scratch...yuck!

Anyway, aside from that...we will treat with the 5th dose, take the herbals, and if there aren't any eggs, then scratching won't really matter--there shouldn't be any by now (all killed off or died off with time).

I have been checking the kids BM's really closely (I know it sounds gross, but I get in there with a pipette and dig around, looking for sterile eggs and adult nematodes--so far I haven't found anything).  I have to think our strategy is working.  I really hope and pray you are doing okay, too :)
Vermox Pin Worm recommended treatment for South Africa is:

100 mg tablets twice daily for three days in a row

followed by:

12 - 14 days later:

Please google this yourself to make sure you are comfortable with this treatment!
Symptoms of severe infestation can mimic appendicitis, the statement that pinworms cause appendicitis is controversial. However, people infected with pinworms show a higher incidence of appendicitis, but the reasons for this increase are not entirely clear. Infrequently, the worms may migrate to and cause irritation to the male and female genital tracts. Pinworm infections may, along with intense scratching, cause secondary bacterial infections to occur. When pinworms migrate to the female genital tract, internal scars can form in the female reproductive organs.
Yeah, I heard that, too. Gross!  All the more reason to get on top of your infestation ASAP!  The good news is that infection in the genital tract doesn't last long if you get your intestinal infection under control (only a few days, maybe a week or so at the most).  

The reason they don't live more than a few days (for a single infection) is  because they actually live off the glucose residue in your stool and there isn't any in your vaginal/genital area.  Also, MOST adult women's vaginal area is way too acidic to allow them to thrive AT ALL and they die off pretty quickly.  Prepubescent girls, though aren't that lucky and these disgusting crittters can live for a while in the vaginal area.

Also, more bad news...if you don't get your intestinal infection under control, you can reinfect yourself over and over until you constantly have these nematodes in your genital area for weeks, months, or even years at a time and this is how they leave scarring. It makes me wonder how many women with endometriosis and never had an STD actually had undiagnosed pinworms as young girls?  

I never heard about the corollation between apendicitis--that is really weird.  Get that infestation under control!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Spare no holds--naturopathy and medication--change your sheets, towels, pants, underwear and clean your bottom twice daily!  OMG!  SOOOOOOOO important!
Also the weight loss which is another symptom is a form of malnutrition and I find it weird that any adult Physician would even suggest that pin worms are harmless. I wonder how harmless they would be if it was their child whom caught it from school. I advise all who come to this Community that you do take the time and read each and everyone of the post here because there is so much you can learn from people who took the time to leave bread crumb in the hope that you too find your way. You will also find that despite what others say that you are far from being alone and yes It will also save you a hellva lot of money.
Mucho gusto! I really appreciate your thought on the subject...so true...I have learned very much through reading the entire thread...thanks for all your imput especially :)!
I just found these creatures, and have to use a microscopic lense to see them in entirety. First I just noticed little black specks, then thin white standing fibers, then black thread looking longer in length with a round ball fo what seems to be the head, small cotton nest looking things with several stading fibers in crotch of unergarments and crotch of jeans, even after washing...out of control, so for 6 weeks I have had several Dr. visits, calls to my Dr., specimen lab tests, blood work lab tests, and 2 trips to Emergency, and still no Dr. will give me a prescription for any kind of Thread Worm. My Dr. says that unless you can see them with the naked eye, you do not have worms at all, she also says that my liver and kidneys are fine, even though I have had extreme pain, and I have always been health and body conscious, but "I know there is something not good going on." She says I am imagining them and seeing things, and that she should prescribe me drugs for mental illness, REALLY!!!!! I am stable,solid,and love life, antidepressants kill people and their vital organs, why would I ever take those drugs???I am not in the slightest depressed...I want a clean bill of health before I start training hard for my "fundraiser" half marathon, that I do every year, at age 58, I think I may know my body better than this young NP....I am wondering now if her tests for my liver & kidneys is a good call, and if it is safe to take Pinworm Med made by Reeces, which is Pyrantel Pamoate...anyone know if this could be dangerous for me, with all factors involved? Appreciate any help...Hope you are all doing better!!!
I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted on here, especially the repeat posters like sayitaintso. It has given me a lot of heart to see that I am not as alone as I thought I am. I love you all, and I hope you recover from this hell. I have had worms for 5 or 6 years. I have bought Pripsen from over the counter phramcists, online chemists, GPs, walk-in centres... Never has worked. Whenever I think I have beaten the infection it comes back with avengeance. It has left me afraid to touch people or be touched in fear of infecting people. I have developed social anxiety and feel like I am being left behind by my conscience telling me not to interact with society because I don't want to infect them. I can't have a meaningful relationship because I don't want to bring this misery on anyone else. I will try all of the tips on here, and I am going to my doctor tomorrow. I am going to tell them the truth about how I have had worms for so long and how it is ruining my life. I feel I am at my breaking point mentally, and if I can't expel these things from my body soon I am going to have a breakdown.
I understand the madness you speak of but I happen to believe that the answer is closer than we realized. For now a great way to harass worms is by taking Diatomaceous Earth with water once in the AM and than in the PM. You will read in other posts that the Diatomaceous Earth{Food Grade} should be a gray color and looking in Health Stores that can be hard to find because all they tend to have is beige or white. What make DE gray is that it also have Bentonite Clay 100% pure mixed in it which dries the worms out and the DE scratches the crap of them but both kills worm painfully. Check out Youtube or the internet for more information about these products. Both items dry you out so drink enough water to be comfortable. Also you must take a fiber product to stay regular and this will move the dead worms from your system. pS . Be patient with DRs. because I don't think they read about this in their textbooks. Stay away from pork, red meat, carbs and sugars. Will have even more to report soon.
Okay I've had worms for over a year now tried everything as well as you guys I just don't know what to do my boyfriend doesn't wanna touch me in anyway and it makes me go crazy .. And it's to a point when my abdomin (abdomen) is swollen and when I barely move for just a little I can't breathe .. I stop berating what do I do I'm just out of hope :/
Diatomaceous earth works to kill most all parasites in any animal. If it's food grade, take a tablespoon each morning, and be disgusted by the number of worms that you see come out dead in the feces. You can buy food grade at feed supply stores. They can't say it's safe for humans, but I and many others take it to prevent parasite infestations. Sorry the reply is so late, best of luck!
Thank you Dear.
Hi, I've been fighting pin worms for years and I've found a remedy! Well I'd been suffering so bad,the itchy anus/vagina, In public It would become really itchy but I couldn't do any thing. So I got fed up I was trying all different solutions, but none worked but then I found some sudocrem. I rubbed it all over my anus and vagina, I sat down but the itch wouldn't stop. I rubbed some more on with some toilet roll, and then covered the one side of it with sudocrem. I placed it on my anus and vagina, lifted my thongs up and repeated this for a week or two and then they went! Hope this helped!
hi i have them about 10 times! the doctor says to buy medicine but its not working! we have tried some VERY strong medicines but still not working! im scratching every night, crying from the aches the make too! so all i need to do is take papaya seeds and chew them and then swallow! how many and how will i know this remedy works because you said i havto wait 12 hours to eat! sorry but i cant do that! are there any other things i can do cause im in pain! please help? but seriously papaya seeds?
hey why wont your parents buy you medicine!!! like seriously i know its expensive but you need it and your parents should buy it for you! like what what the heck!  
So, it has been a while since I posted, but I wanted to wait 6 weeks to give any immature nematodes time to mature before re-dosing with Mebendazole (Vermox).  

During that time, one of my kids got sick with an unrelated illness and we went to the MD and just as a matter of follow-up, he asked whether the Pin Worm infestation was under control.  I told him that I hadn't seen any, but I was waiting to make sure they were ALL clear which could take up to 2 months.  

Further, I went on to tell him if I saw ANY AT ALL I was going to do a 3 day dose twice daily of Vermox like they do in South Africa.  I thought I was informing him of a better alternative treatment for reoccurring Pin Worms...but...

Funny thing, this particular MD WAS FROM SOUTH AFRICA and he was very familiar with this form of treatment using Vermox.  Further, he said if the Pin Worms recurred he saw no reason whatsoever not to do a 3 day dose especially since my son is diabetic and has a hard time shaking things off.  

I told him that the US doesn't make Vermox any more and I had to order from Canada and that my drug was actually made in India--his reply was that India has more of a problem with parasites and therefore likely makes a high quality product.  

I guess what I am saying is that my own MD said he had no problem accepting the quality of the Vermox and that it would be a good idea under the circumstances to take the 3 day dose.

Well--as I have said over and over, after the kids make stool, I dig around with a pipette until I am satisfied there is no sign of any parasite, but just as was to be expected, around the 6 week mark (just as they would be migrating down from the upper intestine to the lower bowel) I saw a few dead adult females (remember we are taking garlic supplements as profilactics against re-infestation, so I would expect to find dead nematodes during this die-off period).  

We treated them immediately, giving them no time to lay eggs or reproduce.  No itchy bottoms, no spreading eggs everywhere, just parasitic decimation.  

Everyone in the family took Vermox for 3 days, twice daily (morning and night)--absolutely no side effects (like you would get from Reeses--which causes severe liver distress).  Vermox is designed to attack a specific tubule in the nematode that human beings have no corollary organ, so the drug passes through humans with almost no absorption AT ALL and is much safer than Reeses.

I AM THRILLED THAT WE HAD THE VERMOX ON HAND AND RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO TRY THE SOUTH AFRICAN 3 DAY TWICE A DAY REGIMEN--REPEAT AFTER 2 WEEKS AND YOU WILL BE COMPLETELY RID OF THEM.  BTW--The regimen I describe also gets rid of other types of parasites like hookworm and others, too.  

Don't wait for your MD to suggest it, they don't know how to treat parasites in the US or Canada, I am afraid, my South African MD, was the only one who seemed to have any clue how difficult it could be to get rid of these buggers.  

Anyone who wants to know the name o the Pharmacy I ordered from contact me with a private message because I think it is against policy to post a website in a thread.  Many blessings and God speed to you.  My heart breaks for those who can't get help, but help IS there to be got...you must help yourself!
Post Script.....

After the tree day treatment we all became bloated and constipated...I gave my little ones a suppository to help them pass stool and I FOUND A FEW DEAD PIN WORMS!!!!!!!

Let me reiterate JUST A FEW!  Because we didn't wait for itchy bottoms I am confident we caught them before they had time to reproduce, so we will treat again with the three day twice daily regimen after 2 weeks in order to get any last trace of them.  This is key...don't wait for itchy bottoms (because itchy bottoms means  they are fertile and laying eggs).  

Treat BEFORE THEY CAN LAY EGGS and you will destroy them before they can begin their life cycle again.
I am so happy for you and your family. Thank you for your faithfulness in helping others get over these buggers. {smile}
Ok, so, hmmm, this is difficult and embarrassing to say...

My husband and his sisters spent years in South America as missionaries (as teenagers).  One of my sister's in law has a plethora of auto immune disorders that every MD has been at a loss to explain.  My husband has runny and loose stools all the time, but I have been regular/right as rain for our entire 12 year relationship.

OK, so fast forward to the 2, three day treatment with Meb.  Guess what?  I didn't know this, but that particular treatment also kills roundworm, whip worm, and many other intestinal parasites, and the vigourous regimen of treatment, in particular is what is needed to knock them out.

Turns out I had a few ROUNDWORMS!!!! OMG!  Can't believe it!  I have never been symptomatic and am the very picture of health (except for the PT/TW problem the kids brought home from pre-school).

I don't know if you believe in divine intervention, but I believe, we were meant to have a difficult time shaking the Pin Worms off, because were it not for that fact, I would have never found out about the roundworm problem.

Turns out, roundworms can live in a person's body for up to 25 years! and this is especially true of a healthy person (like my husband).  Also, they can be passed through regular intimate contact (just regular sex--nothing unusual if you catch my drift).  It may take a while to pass them on in this way, but if contact is regular, then eventually you WILL pass them on to your partner.

Ok, another thing, every "auto immune" disorder my sister in law exhibits could actually be indicitive of a roundworm infection that has migrated, and guess what?  A roundworm infection that migrated is what killed my father in law (this is actually documented in his medical record).

They never thought it could be happening to my sister in law because she was healthy for over 15 years after returing from South America before she started exhibiting symptoms.

Albendazole  (Albenza) and papaya seed (as well as the garlic, clove, wormwood, and black walnut green husks) will kill off the migrating roundworms.

We have ordered it.  Thankfully, the kids don't show any sign of roundworm infection and their PW/TW infection seems very under control (they still take clove herb and garlic every day and we are in the middle of the 7 day papaya seed cleanse)--it has made all the difference.

I don't know about all those commercial blends and what-not because the digestive enyzmes in the papaya and the fresh ground clove herb cannot be duplicated, also the Albenza kills migrated roundworm wheareas the Meb does not, so please be very judicious about how you treat and most of all STAY THE COURSE...DO NOT GIVE UP...YOU MUST TREAT AND TREAT AND TREAT WITH THE HERBALS after you have taken the meds.

The meds only kill 95% of the parasites, it is the herbals that will eventiually win the fight for you, so don't give up! Regarding DE, I don't know, I havn't tried it because I don't feel comfortable giving to my young toddlers but I would love to hear from anyone who has tried it with actual success in decimating them.  If the DE only helps keep their numbers low, then I am too afraid to use it.  If it actually destroys them for good, I would like to know and would consider using it.  Thanks.
thanks for your post, I have had these worms for 3 months now,nothing is working to get rid of them,I don't understand that if these worms are so highly contagious why haven't I had them before? I think the fact that I'm a hairy male is why I feel them everywhere on my body,made worse by having a hairy ***.......drives me crazy!!! I think the bad news is that we can NOT get rid of them.we can only find things that help reduce the side effects from these worms.
  This is a comment that one who suffered made,  " Mebendazole for Ascariasis: Mebendazole didn't really work for me. What did work was 20 days of albendazole and praziquantel combined, but this prescription needs to be repeated at least a few times in fairly close succession."
I would add along with a caring physician watching your progress closely because this combination of meds is not common.
For about a month I have been using Diatomaceous Earth food grade, {Have yet to find the gray colored one } the and I was not quick to say but I have seen parasites biting the dust and die. I may feel one to three move a day and rarely at night. I didn't take the DE the way others did{One tablespoon a day} but I took it like a framer would give it to horse, meaning I flood my gut with a heaping spoonful of DE every three to four hours with water. {My nails are growing like never before } Also have to take a laxative that has been proven to work for me because DE will fool with your bowel movements, daily fiber supplements is a must. Dry mouth is common so I drink lots of water.
UPDATE....It has been about a week since my last post. I can honestly say that I now have even less symptoms. My appetite has come back and I have put on some weight. Diatomaceous Earth, food grade has also given me energy....LOTS. {smile} I still have to stay away from the worms favorite things like carbs, sugars, caffeine, fats, along with red meat for now. I read here and on other sites that parasite can build up a resistance against the meds but this is not the case with DE therefore for me DE was a logically choice. With DE I can harass the worms just as much as they have harassed me. {smile} You see DE scratches them while they try to claim the colon etc. and the worms do fight but with DE its a losing battle and they die a very painful death. Will keep you informed, God's speed.
This is the closest I have seen to a treatment for pinworms.  Ivermectin is the best drug out there for treatment - but the key is to take it continuously, in combination with Albendazole.  If you can, reduce glucose intake while you are under treatment and use water enema every 3-4 days.  If you want to read more on studies - try google scholar - and read up on studies on ivermectin for the treatment of pinworms.

http://************/forums/fm.asp?i=1586882

Ivermectin (Stromectol):  1 dose*, based on .2mg/kg, 1 hr before bedtime, on empty stomach, with 8oz water or beverage.  Take dose for 4 days on, 3 days off.  Repeat dosage every week (even during off-days of Albendazole) for 5 or more weeks, as needed, to cure infection.

Alternate Dosage Schedule:  For severe hyperinfection cases, follow this schedule instead of the above:  Take dose for 7 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on.  Continue the "pulse method" of 2 days off, 2 days on, etc, even during off-days of Albendazole, until infection is cured.

Albendazole (Albenza):  1 tablet*, 400mg, twice daily, AM/PM, evenly spaced 12 hrs apart.  Chew or crush tablet.  Take each dose with 8oz water & 40g fatty meal.** Take dose for 14 days on, 7 days off to rest the liver.  Repeat for 2 or more cycles, as needed, to cure infection.

So, for you Diatomaceous Earth was successful to send these things to hell. If it is true, is there other cure beside? for me Katrex is good, but pinworms get out and return back into anal if moving while sleeping. So immediately take off my clothes and underwear and wash my legs or take a shower. I suffered of these pinhells for 14 months, can't sleep or go here or there, can't set on a chair. I once took a cigrette on water but nothing done. ----- ==== I want to ask, one I read that enema clyster  with sea's water is good for that, I did it but they still there too. My question if we do enema clyster with liquid " water" + big quantity of salt it will get out or what ? and this will affect our intestin ?    
Can you please share your dosage of albendazole versus Praziquantel and the dosage schedule e.g. every 4 hours at how many mg of praziquantel vs albendazole?  And when you say it needs to be repeated in close successions, can you detail how many days after the first 20 consecutive days did you wait before you repeated the dosage; and for 2nd and 3rd repeats - was it still for 20 consecutive days, or less?

THANKS much.  You are a life-saver.
Diatomaceous Earth has made a big change in the fight of the parasites trying to take over my life and there are many posts here pertaining to such.
Also there are just as many internet sites that stand by this dust when it come to these claim and one of our favorites link is below.

Sorry to disappoint Oceansage but I ran across the comment made when I was doing research on the drug  Mebendazole. I am sure along with yourself and somewhat of a competent physician, that you two could surely come to terms with how much and when. I believe that his comment sounds promising, Good Luck and keep your head up.
One important point I want to clarify for those that are consistently getting reinfected - it may require a more intensive treatment - such as one other posting recommended e.g. 20 consecutive days of drug treatment.

1.  Use albendazole + ivermectin or albendazole + Praziquantel (Biltricide) for at least 14 consecutive days.  Since any residual eggs will hatch in about 14 days.  If you can't find a doctor who is willing to treat it or subscribe it, try MagicPharma online.  Albendazole is best absorbed with fat - so take with ice cream.

2.  A study of albendazole in treating pinworms in a Thai refugee camp showed that using a 3% NACL (salt) water enema solution raised the effective cure rate from 23.3% to 81.6% among children.  They did this 1x per week for 8 weeks.  Thus I would recommend the same when using with the above drug treatment.

3.  Lastly - reduce heavy glucose intake - as that's what the worms absorb.

See my previous comment regarding dosage for #1.

Also another suggest is that one might see the logic in shaving pubic hair for this give the critters less hiding places and makes it easier to clean the area with wipes during the day as was mentioned in an earlier post.. FYI when I researched DE powder their were some who take as much as 1/4 of a cup a day. That is about what I have been taking, { A heaping spoonful just about every three hours.} including at night when I wake to go to the bathroom. Keep fighting and lovely luck to you.
You know, the problem with  albendazole + Praziquantel (Biltricide), that the pinworms get out of the body but it leaves eggs immediately and returns to the anal, it's house. this treatement is useful for the new patients, but for those in a sharp case not. I don't know why scientists don't make a good cure for that.
Yes, you are right about intestinal worms but when the male mate with the female it then dies.  As so with the female worm after she returns into the anus she also dies. It takes about four hour for the eggs to become infectious but the eggs are always able to become airborne.  
I also had pinworms for a very long time. I tried taking the medicine that was meant for getting rid of piworms several times, but it didn't help. In the end, I got tired of the medicine not showing any results and decided to try whether strict diet will help.
I ate A LOT of garlic, ginger, pumpkin seeds, plain yoghurt and whole grain bread. I drank carrot juice. I limited my sugar intake to the absolute minimum - no candies, cookies flavored yoghurt, basically nothing that had more than 10g of sugar/100g. I cut out all the refined carbs and ate food at it's most natural state.
In addition to diet, I washed hands all the time, changed bed sheets every day and made sure my fingernails were short. And this all did pay off! :) I think it took about a month, and all the itching was gone and I knew there was no pinworms left.

Even though cutting out the sweets and cookies and convenient food was difficult, it was definitely worth it. I would at any time choose no pinworms over any food. I highly recommend trying out this, since all it takes is proper diet with a lot of garlic, ginger carrots, yoghurt and seeds, as little sugar as possible, and an extremely controlled hygiene. Good luck everybody! :)
It's easy to but online hopefully it won't get removed
http://diatomx.co.uk/epages/eshop439661.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop439661/Products/DEA5
Thank you for your presentation. I will try that beside katrex once a week. But not only changing bed sheets, but also changing the mattress and wash the bed's wood under the mattress with Chlorine because pinworms moves on this wood. Mattress must be on the sun every day. I wish get rid very soon of these things.
ThAnKs EvErYoNe
Just use a streamer even the eggs can't live.
What is streamer even ?
Is it an Ointment ?
Ha, should be steamer, dam predictive .
really, I don't understand you. please explain what you said,,,   thanks
You must of seen a steamer every shopping channel is selling one. You fill it up with water it heats up and you have steam. Pinworm eggs can't even stand these temperatures and its allot easier than vacuuming.
Diatomaceous Earth must be kept dry otherwise it will not work. Keep fighting !
I agree with most of your post, and you've provided a lot of valuable information. However, you are mistaken in saying pinworms can only be transmitted from butt to mouth. Eggs can also become airborne and inhaled, thus transmitted nasally.
Please tell me what is Diatomaceous Earth ?
Is it a cure ?
Please tell me , I'm still infected of those worms.
Me too ive had these for 3 months nothing please help.
I would like to know which pharmacy you ordered from.  I am getting desperate, nothing I've read on this site has worked yet.  Haven't tried the prescription medicine.  
Diatomacious Earth (often referred to as "DE") is an off white talc-like powder that is the fossilized remains of marine phytoplankton. When sprinkled on a bug that has an exoskeleton (such as bed bugs, ants or fleas) it gets caught between their little exoskeleton joints.(Pinworms don't stand a chance} As they move, the diatomaceous earth acts like razor blades and cuts them up. But it doesn't hurt mammals. We can eat it. We do eat it! It's in lots of grain based foods because lots of grains are stored with diatomaceous earth to keep the bugs from eating the grain!  I myself have been taken DE for about six months.... YES IT DO HELP. It must stay dry and I along with others take about 1/4 cup a day. Every two to three hours we take a heaping spoonful with water. Don't inhale dry powder that's a big NO NO.   Don't give up and keep fighting!!!!!!
Pinworms must ge out of our body throw anals. and you are in the first moths of the infection. With the cure, try to make enema with a very hot water as possible before sleeping immediately at night and when you get up go immediately to the bathroom and wash your legs with hot water up to down and change your clothes. for your bed you have to wash the bed sheet boiling it. your Mattress must be under the sun for hours.
For me these pinworms still in me but it gets out but returns immediately, so don't give it the chance to return back
l posted a link a few posts up.
here it is again;

I had them for years.. I took one ovex tablet and within three days i was clear.. Sounds like i was lucky :)
Hi, I'm wondering if you have found a cure for pinworms yet, since your last posted in march 2011?
I've had pins worms since I was 3. I'm now 16. My pin worms were the worst when I was 3-7. They went away when I was ten but then reappeared when I was 13. Now they're extremely bad. I get them every 3 weeks. I think I have a yeast infection on top of it and I just had one last month. So now am I gonna keep getting yeast infections too?! -.- my dr won't do sh** about my worms. I want to get my colon cleaned out or something because idk wtf I do to keep getting them
I don't know why there isn't a real cure for those pinworms
Any one help on this planet

Where are the medicine's compagny
Were are scientists
---------------------------- Is there any one who have relation with scientists for that?
I am trying the whole clove of garlic inserted into the Anus. Supposedly they die if they come unto contact with it. So plug up the hole and don't let the females come out to lay the eggs. From what I have read the eggs need oxygen to mature. I think I might make the garlic and petroleum jelly paste as well as a second line if defense. They can all just suffocate in there!  Anyway, last night I tried this and there was no itching. I actually got a full nights sleep!  Hoping for the same results tonight!
And so what did you do the next days ?
Thank you for all your posts. I have written everything down and will add your regiment to my already extensive list. I live in the US. Vermox isn't sold OTC here and I don't have insurance. can anyone give me a reputable company to order the Vermox from?  I live close to the Canadian border, can I buy OTC in Canada?  Thank you  so much.

Liz
I am looking to start Vermox but see it comes in either 100mg or the 500mg. which is better? I appreciate all your posts. I felt like I was going crazy. I am doing every natural remedy under the sun, plus changing my diet to a more alkalizing one.  I knew nothing about Vermox till I read all your posts. THANK YOU!!!  Also I live in the US so I have to purchase this online...do you have any trusted sites you would recommend?  I get very nervous purchasing medicine online. I live close to canada, but not sure if I can purchase it there OTC?  Thank you for any help you can offer. This has been going on for almost two years and the doctors had no clue. I don't have insurance so Thank goodness I went to a homeopathic doctor who recognized the signs.  ANY ADVICE you can give for the above questions...I would be very grateful. The itiching is driving me up the wall and the Reese's medicine did nothing for it. I really want to get the Vermox ordered so I can get this started. It has been going on far too long.
I buy mebendazole from amazon.com - it ships from thailand.  Goes thru customs with no issues.   this Works a little, but the problems come back.  What I found works best is to take these pills as well as an Vinegar Enema.  I could not believe the results from the Vinegar enema.  Easily a couple of cups worth of worms came out.  My theory is that I had a lot of build up in my colon that was allowing worms and worm eggs to stay in my colon, limiting the effectiveness of the pills.  I've always had sinus issues - cleared up once I cleared all the worms.
also been trolling the internet relating to enama's for parasites.  I tried garlic enema and nothing came out.  Once I tried the vinegar enema, huge success.  From other forum's comments, it seems that once people added vinegar is when they too saw results.
I was reading your post about your experience with pin worms....
What is the medicine you took for the 3 rounds of 21 days.   I am experiencing them too and I want to get rid of them efficiently the first time around....

hope to here from you soon.....thanks
Has anyone tried food grade diatomaceous earth?  It works for many internal issues, not just worms and parasites.  It is a tasteless powder
that can be mixed in juice, water, etc.  It can be used for humans and
pets and is very cheap.  Just research it on the internet.
Has anyone tried "Freedom Cleanse"? I have just heard of it and wondered if it has been tried with results.  It comes out of a clinic in Arizona.
Yes I tried  vinegar enema + water + salt .... and good results, it must be beside a real diet and no suger in food , no fruits no juice no sweet, because when i eat sger or juice with a lot of suger I feel pinorms come out and let eggs.

But this time I will try  vinegar enema without salt but with a lot of water.

Thanks For All...

****** Attention

Don't make enema vinegar over 3 days
Only one time before sleeping at night
When you get up go immediately to bathroom.. wash and change your pantalon
Vinegar must be with water = 30% vinegar + 70 % water

-------------------------------
Try

Just ran across a website and others were commenting about their experiences with fighting worms for themselves and or family. Someone mention " Humaworm" and how they wished that they could order it from America because it works. So I took the time do a little research for myself by going to their website. I have to be honest and say that I was very impress and I like others have just about heard it all. Basically it is just a bunch of herb plus they also have a great colon cleanser by what the long list of testimonials that I took the time to read said and they were all so genuine. Keep fighting Community.
Ready to stick a knife up my butt. These things have to stop -.-
Does anyone know if its possible to have surgery to remove pin worms?? I;ve looked up videos online and I've seen drs remove huge piles of worms, im pretty sure they weren't pin worms though
Oh God

I'm still infected with these monsters pinworms
Don't knew what to do

I need a serious help, please
I cleansed my sysyem by cutting out sugars and eating papaya seeds every day. I also started drinking clove tea. Once a month I make some clove tea. I put about 3 teaspoons of cloves into 2 pints of water in a jug in the fridge.  It lasts me about 10 days. Then, 3 times a day, from this jug I pour a cm into a mug and top with hot water, or I add to other drinks. Anyway, after fighting pinworms for many years this seems to have got rid of them completely in about 3 months.  Plus cleaning with the tea too cause it kills eggs. I put the tea on a cloth and clean everything I touch, eg telephone, fridge door, doorknobs etc. I also put the tea in my laundry. Hope this helps. Do let me know.
Curry powder has been proven to fight infections, all kinds. U.S. research has shown that curcumin, which is found in the popular curry spice turmeric, causes a sizable increase in a protein that boosts the immune system.
It helps the body to fight bacteria and viruses, including those that cause tuberculosis, even if it has not encountered them before, the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry reports.
Professor Adrian Gombart of Oregon State University, who found that curcumin caused levels of the protein, cathelicidin anti-microbial peptide, to almost triple.
However, it’s possible that sustained consumption over time may be healthy and help protect against infection, especially in the stomach and intestinal tract.
Turmeric has been used for 2500 years as a medicinal compound and also in religious ceremonies, as well as being a favorite ingredient in curry.
Curry is found heavily in Jamaican dishes also India's and the food is divine. You can find these recipes online and yes the parasite will dread your new found weapon to fight them with. As always Community keep fighting.

Also do not forget Diatomaceous Earth because it has help me breath again and not feel so hopeless and that my friends mean that I have come a long way. I use to take no less than a tablespoon every two hours and now I may take two heaping spoon two times a day. I may feel the parasite trying to lay eggs once every other day and most times I somehow ate a carb or sugar somewhere. That is a big change because worms use to move all day everyday. I am not going to stop until I destroy each and every on of those worms and you would be surprise the things I have done and will do to see to it.
I am very intested in the pharmacy to get the Vermox. My daughter has had them off and on for the past 4-5 years. Gets very exausting dealing with this and she is a teenager now and just the embarrassment is enough. Taking a toll on mine and her quality of life. Thank you so much for any information you can give me. Thank you sooooooo much!!!!
I highly suggest you look into Andreas Kalckers parasite protocol.  It is highly effective!  Also consider taking MMS for a while before you start his protocol so that the MMS can help rid your body of toxins and die off during the parasite cleanse.

http://www.andreaskalcker.com/index.php/en/health/parasite

http://www.andreaskalcker.com/index.php/en/health/clo2-mms

http://jimhumble.org/new-protocols-1000-a-2000.html
I could be YOU. The female version. I am driving my family crazy with my constant cleaning and hygiene rituals, and trying to force them upon everyone else. Except I am married with 3 kids, and we ALL have them. My middle son and I are horrified and obsessed. My youngest is annoyed by all this, my oldest and my husband are in denial, despite me showing them live worms crawling in their recently worn underwear. My husband makes a half assed attempt to follow my rules but that just won't cut it. I see them floating through the air, I see them on every surface of the house. That's the worst part, knowing they are coming off my body and onto everyone I'm around, co workers etc.
I also buy a case of bottled water and add about a tablespoon of lemon juice to the water and drink them all day . The worms hate the acid. Drinking V8 juice also work in fighting the worm for tomatoes are also their enemy because of acid content. Diatomacious Earth grayish in color is best and do assist with killing the parasite. I hate drinking Gin but I hate the worms more and it stops them dead in their tracks. This is what is very much working for me for now and I know I will find the cure in time. Keep fighting!
Hello Shine83S

I took the time the look at the website one of them was down but the other two were filled with loads of information. Still processing all of it but I feel that it will be very helpful. Thanks you for your posting.
And I thought this was something you only get in Africa or other poor countries in the world.  I actually brought these undesirable visitors from my last summer trip to Ethiopia.  After 7 unsuccessful treatments with Combantrin, I searched online for a long term cure and here I am.

I lived in West Africa for several years without getting infected though  Perhaps I was more vigilent then or with this trip, going back to Africa, I thought I was now imune and took too much risks.

There's something that came back to my mind lately.  When I lived in Africa, I noticed how people there crush hot pepper, mix it with water and clean their intestine once or twice a day, that way.  I wish to find those little pumps you can get everwhere there, but nowhere to be seen over here.  

They do this process twice a day with babies too.  They however use local plants or a bit of soap from Marseille mix with water.  Very useful when you cannot afford diapers, but the bowel movement gets lazy and dependent on that over time.  I was even told then they have some kind of plants that make the babies to walk (which is also very useful to get the crawling babies off the ground because of the critters' risk involved).  I've seen 7 months old babies walking there and I would tend to believe it.

Anyway, big thanks to everyone here for your input.  I will update you, eventually and hopefully, on what helped me to be successful.

Oh, allow me another remark.  It seems that there are a majority of women in this forum.  Is it that the men tend to be immuune or are they in denial?  My 17 year old son, who traveled with me, is too.  He said it is because my digestive system is weak...could be.  I definitely didn't eat as much pepper as he did, which might have helped him, even though he ate a lot of raw meat, which is part of the Ethiopian traditional food.  How these people can get away with it...that is another question.
Hello and thanks for the comment. I just stop by here tonight just do a update and I saw your message. I can believe that red pepper works. I also read that Mexicans don't suffer with pin worms as much because of eating jalapeno peppers on a regular basic. I now eat them in eggs foe breakfast with lots of garlic and I can tell that the worms hate the stuff. I can report that I have reduced the numbers of pin worms by taking albendazole or  ivermectin  everyday twice a day to kill the worms. I found out that the DE only kill the eggs but not the worms said Andreas Kalcker which I believe is a scientist that has spent years studying this infection along with other things. My infection was out of control but I now can see myself getting my life back. From what I understand the worm lay eggs mostly on the nights of a full moon and I make sure I eat peppers all day long just for sport. I may feel movement three to four times a day.This process I am on can take up to a year to be rid of the pin worms because of the rotations eggs to adult worms but I really do notice a vast difference. B12 is also what the worms feed on which gives them energy to lay eggs. What I do know is to keep fighting.
Hi there -- did you ever have any luck getting rid of the worms? I've had them for 3 months and am just trying to find out what people are doing to successfully get rid of them. Thanks so much!
update - I believe I am close to getting rid of the worms - had pin worms and ascaris.  The ascaris has been the most difficult to get rid of.  Here is what I do:

I buy mebendazole from Amazon - ships from Thailand.  takes 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to arrive.  This works a little, I do see some worms in the stool.

the other thing I do now is to do a lot of enemas - I put 3-4 dropper fulls of black walnut/ wormwood complex in the enema bucket.  I am able to retain the enema as well as take a full bucket.  This is key as I have found that I had a lot of worms stuck in my lower colon in the folds.  the Black walnut tincture will kill the worms.  Vinegar works, however, I feel the need to purge too quickly before I get any of the solution to the lower colon where I really think the worms are hiding out.  by retaining the enema, the solution works into the folds and opens them up - I know the worms were there as when they come out, they kinda look like little brains as if they were in a little pocket.

I have taken the black walnut wormwood orally, however I've never had any results this way, where I have had results via the enema.

about 5-10 minutes after I have done an enama and purged, my sinuses are instantly clear!  I used to take allergy shots when I was younger, now I know that it wasn't allergies, but worms!
animals can't carry pinworms.  Only humans can.  So don't worry it wasn't the pinworms that caused your cat to pass away.
I am so scared. Someone help me. I dont know what to do. I am 13 years old. I believe I may have pin worms, because when I start to relax and go to sleep in my bed I feel things crawling at my anus. Also I get stomach pain sometimes and I am suddenly getting headaches and I sleep alot. (dont know if those last two have anything to do with it) Except I never see anything come out when I go to the toilet. I dont want to tell my mum cause I am embarrased and scared. Me and my mum arent exactly close and we dont get along. AND I DONT WANNA TELL MY DAD, I would find it too awkward. I have been reading some of your messages above. They are helping me. But I dont know what to do?!?!??! Someone help me.
The best way in the early months is to take cures, or doing ennema with little of vinegar immediately before sleeping.
and the first time you get up immediately go to the bathroom cleaning your leg with hot water change your pantalon and under wear if there is & change the sheets and clean it with very hot water to kill the pinworms

pinworms is very fast
So so sorry to hear your problems with this.    Get some diatomaceous earth and rub it on you where ever you feel itching.   This will definitely kill them on the outside.   I tried it internally but it did nothing.   Hope this helps.
Thanks to everyone for posting.  I have had pinworms for four months now.  I have used everything mentioned above and of course they do not work.  I have been trying to find DE, and it is not in sight in any health food store where I live. People look at me like Im crazy, and say hey I put that in my pool! I tell them I know, its the food grade type.  Well to make a long story short, I called a health food store, that is ran by a nutritionist, and she told me to use tanacet-heel? I had never heard of it, and she said that if I use it for six weeks, they should all be gone.  Since she is a cerified RN and nutritionist, I am trusting her.  You take three doses a day=one dose= ten drops on your tongue. ( My first dose was today,and it tasted like bad alcohol).

My question is has anyone ever tried this? Tanacet Heel? I can't find any comments on the internet about it?

Im also going two hours out of town to buy DE next weekend.  IF anyone could possibly share a link of where to buy the stuff online, I'd be forever grateful!

http://www.alixxor.com/sites/default/parasites.htm.pdf

This was an amazing article from the cdc.  It has every type of remedy on there.
Dear friends a worth try recipe is cinnamon(ceylan cinnamon) tea 3 times a day with empty stomach 30 minutes before eating anything , Take 3 cinnamon woods(1 wood for every glass or a big cup so 3 woods for 3 glasses) and add them in a boiling water , let it cold and drink it, the color of the tea must be a deep dark gold brown color. you must drink it for at least 20 days to see results , my mother saw results from the first week, i also have the problem but i am doing a different treatment with essential oils and wormwood extract and acidofilus vitamins that a pharmasist gave to me, my mother had a 4 day off syptoms (symptoms) after 14 years yes you read right 14 yeas , i catch the worms last january after i passed mononucleosis . cinnamon treatment is the next in list. and after it i will go to a homeopathic doctor maybe he's expencive but i think that homeopathy can treat pinworms, afterall  it's all up to our immune system, be faith and never give up.
Thank you for mentioning the black specks along with the pinworms. The doctors act like parasites can't evolve like viruses and other organisms. It surprises me that they don't think that they aren't detected or killed by the old methods because they've mutated and become stronger liike some flu viruses.
One more time DE for worming
diatomx.co.uk/epages/eshop439661.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop439661/Categories/DiatomPure%C2%AE
You know, the insomnia is a reason of these pinworms because it takes long hours to get out , so try to sleep 6 or 7 hours minimum without waking up
Finally free!
Thanks so much for all the posts!
Here are the things that seemed to make the difference (for me!)
We have had these before when the children were younger so I quite simply just dosed myself (and kept repeating!) when I first realized I had pinworms, HOWEVER I stopped when an acquaintance wondered how I was since my skin was quite yellow!  I then started "natural" and, yes, did try lots of pumpkin seeds :) , but found using a big daub of vaseline on doubled up t.p. applied to anywhere itchy was the most helpful.  I did this for months which kept numbers very low, but didn't quite rid things.
I finally dosed a few times again (of the two I've used here in Canada, the doctor-prescribed  Vermox seems to be more effective than the Combantrin you can ask the pharmacist for).  I think I was only effective this last round because I had a hygiene/"decontamination" routine down.
First off, if the dosing doesn't quickly work, please do make sure you are being careful with nighttime clothing and bedding.  I've washed on hot for months now :)  Taking it over the top the last time, I IRONED, yes ironed, my clean nighttime underwear as I could feel movement along the elastic after treating immediately upon going to bed.  This made all the difference.  (I know, TMI, but this whole site is a little tricky that way...)  We also bought a mattress pad (about $70) that was for dust mites and I think this made a huge difference as, previously, I would feel itching under the weight of my hips or shoulders and do feel that was wee guys moving up to the heat when I came to bed...One other thing that I think I was doing wrong previously was continuing to use the vaseline right after treating.  I never seemed to be able to get quite free of the urinary tract ones and I think I was really keeping them there a little by having so much vaseline.  Maybe give them a chance to escape if they need to :)  
One last other thing, your imagination might kick in here with you feeling itchy around your nose, eyes, ears.  Whether there is something there or not might be moot, but it helps to feel you can do something!  Keep a glass of water by your bedside in which to dip q-tips...Use these to whisk at anywhere you feel an itch on your face--scooping anything there aside and then tossing straight to a garbage can. Really helps with all those worst case scenarios the middle of the night lends itself to!
Just to encourage:  Noone else in the family got them.  Careful hygiene does make a difference (nailbrush, daily showers and all that...)  There is hope!  Biggest lesson:  I will evermore be very careful in sketchy public washrooms (which, I for one, will blame this encounter on :)
Viewing 201-400 comments: