Gastroenterology Community
foul odor

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

foul odor

I have foul vaginal and rectumn odor after I use the restroom, but it happens when I don't go to the bathroom either. I am a nineteen year old virgin living on a campus, it's horrible, and it's bad enough that I cannot emotional handle this type of problem on my own. I have been to the gynocologist for a urinary test, pelvic exam, and BV. I have been told that I am healthy, and "it's me... or the changes my body is going through, and to wait till my next period and see if the problem goes away." It all began two days before my last period (which are irregular). I eat wheat, and I haven't tried cutting it out of my diet (Celiac Disease is caused by wheat). I haven't been tested for that though... I have changed hygiene products, and I take from one shower a day to two showers and or a bath. I use body washes without a frangrance, ph balananced. I use a wet paper towel before using tissue after I use the bathroom, and I also bought gynocologist tested wipes (worsens the rectumn odor). I don't know what to do, all doctors say is nothing is wrong. I dont' know what to buy or how to get them, and if I do it has to be seen by one of the people who work in the dorms. I took medicine for BV for four days because the gynocologist figured she would let me try it out, even though she knew I didn't have the infection, and it didn't work. I will stop using scented pads because I've been told it's not a good idea, and I wear cotton underware. I have been told that douching can smell like something died down there, but I haven't tried douching before, it just goes to show why douching is not reccommended. I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do about all of this.

This discussion is related to odor and other problems - please help.
Tags: foul odor
Even though you might not have a vaginal yeast problem doesn't mean you don't have yeast in your body.  Yeast/bacteria/acidity are all hard to get rid of from within.  Start with health-food store Probiotics.  Then buy pH test strips and check your acidity.  Start alkalizing your body.  Wheat Grass is good.  Also buy natural candida eliminator (or Caprillic Acid).  See if this helps!
Cinda, did your Gyn run a test for bacterial species in the vaginal area? There are a number of species that can cause a malodorous discharge. What tests were done overall?
Thank you for your responses. I am using a probiotic that says it cleans the body, and I also have a urinary health probiotic (stopped using it after two or three days because it didn't seem to make a change.) I bought a fresh scent douching product. I figured I would despite that I have been told not to, and I don't really want to. I haven't bought PH Strips, Wheat Grass, or Candida Eliminator. Am I supposed to purchase them online because a lady at the pharmacy who I spoke to didn't know what I was talking about. I probably should buy the medicine form of wheat grass because I don't know what to do with the natural product, all they had was wheat grass that is in produce. I was told that the tests I took were thorough it had to deal with bacterial vaginosis, yeast, and what not. On my part, they didn't have much explaining done to me just that I was fine, and I took a blood test, which I have to check up on to know the results. I don't know what to ask to the gynocologists when it deals with the tests or they will brush it off and tell me I am fine. For the bacterial vaginosis testing I went through the clinic on campus grounds and through a native clinic (the clinic on campus told me I have some clue cells in my body, but they re-assured me that is normal.) I bought a lavender scented product for baths. (I learned that Celiac's disease is for those who have allergies and what not, but I meant to say that it is caused by bread, and not "wheat") Thank you for telling me your thoughts. I haven't bought all that I need or found out what you have said, and I am still at loss.
I have BV, when I wrote this post, I didn't know that it's asymptomatic.