life sentence
I had my Gallbladder remove on April 24 2011. I had been having pain in the stomach area at least a year before. The surgeon said he did not find anything, so he checked my gallbladder and found stones. I expected to have pain from the surgery, but not experience pain all the time..I went to my doctor this week, and he said the pain could last up to a year or more. It hurts all the time, but if I eat any food or take any medication I can feel the pain as soon as I swallow. I am in more pain now than before the surgery. I had all the test run to see why this it happing. They cant seem to find anything, so they tell me nothing is wrong and that I will have wait it out. I barely eat anything now, I just stay home for I cant handle the pain when I walk a lot...so is this the way I am suppose to feel...thanks

This discussion is related to Bowel Problems After Gallbladder Surgery.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  What are all the tests that were run?
I had my gallbladder out in January 2011... i was sick for 7 months prior to surgery, all my symptoms went away nausea, vomiting,  URQ pain. About a month after i devleoped on again off again pain in my LRQ they thought maybe appendix (was not)... i still get this pain 6 months later... ive had a few tests to rule out IBD's... I do have IBS but my surgeon and GI both also told me that after gallbladder surgey especially since i was sick for so long will take me up to a year for my body to settle as well... so maybe they are right?  

Do you take acid reducing medicine?  Or metemucil helps with fibre intake my surgeon suggested that every morning and has definitely regulated me.