Gastroenterology Community
omeprazole

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

omeprazole

hi i been take omoprazole since dicember ,now from 2 month i take any other day ,i have very mild reflux with erniajale,i alway burp even when i wake up and my stomach is empty ,for how long i shold take omeprazole?
many thanks
I have GERD and a hiatal hernia and have been taking omeprazole twice a day every day for a few months (I had been on Prevacid for several years before the omeprazole but insurance won't cover it any more). If your main symptom is burping, I would try going off of the omeprazole and switching to gas-x or some other type of gas relief medicine. As long as you aren't having a lot of problems with heartburn or acid reflux, you would probably be fine to discontinue using the omeprazole. Otherwise, it is okay to keep using it until your symptoms are under control. Have you tried modifying your diet to cut back on symptoms?
hi
thank you to answer
i dont soffer of heartburn,what sort of gas relife medice are you suggesting please?i will talk to my gp
many thanks