Gastroenterology Community
omeprazole
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

omeprazole

hi i been take omoprazole since dicember ,now from 2 month i take any other day ,i have very mild reflux with erniajale,i alway burp even when i wake up and my stomach is empty ,for how long i shold take omeprazole?
many thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have GERD and a hiatal hernia and have been taking omeprazole twice a day every day for a few months (I had been on Prevacid for several years before the omeprazole but insurance won't cover it any more). If your main symptom is burping, I would try going off of the omeprazole and switching to gas-x or some other type of gas relief medicine. As long as you aren't having a lot of problems with heartburn or acid reflux, you would probably be fine to discontinue using the omeprazole. Otherwise, it is okay to keep using it until your symptoms are under control. Have you tried modifying your diet to cut back on symptoms?
Blank
hi
thank you to answer
i dont soffer of heartburn,what sort of gas relife medice are you suggesting please?i will talk to my gp
many thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank