Gastroenterology Community
pain after anal sex

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pain after anal sex

Hello! I had anal sex about a week ago. I had little pain and discomfort, but it is always so. Usually after anal sex I have some small anal fissures, but they disappear after a couple of days. But this time after some days it got worse. My anus started burning and itching. there was no blood. I tried bath with salt and it helped for some time. Now it is not itching or swelling, but there is still pain inside the anus, different from the "piece of glass inside" feeling. It feels like the muscles were strained all the time or there is something disturbing inside. But the pain is deeper in the anus - somewhere  the coccyx. I have read about tearing the sphincter muscles during anal sex. Could it have happened and what are the symptoms? Or could it be still some fissures that need time to heal?
A piece of glass feeling could indicate irritation or possible infection. It may be wise to check with your doctor.
Thanks! As I mentioned the feeling of glass has almost disappeared, it is just the different pain somewhere deeper. Hope this will disappear soon too.

I visited a proctologist today. But when I went to his office, I discovered he was an acquaintance of my parents so I was shy to speak about having anal sex. I just said I am having pain and itching the last few days. He checked me for hemorrhoids, said it was ok and prescribed me a gel that stops pain and heals fissures. Now the glassy pain is gone, leaving only the dull pain somewhere deeper. I just wonder if it is just the fissures or could it be some kind of deeper injury he couldn`t feel by just touching.