General Health Community
Digestic by Mimonis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Digestic by Mimonis

Has anyone heard of Digestic by Mimonis, a friend recommended it to me for my chronic constipation, but before I try it I wanted to hear some feedback from a larger group?
Tags: digestion, constipation, chronic constipation, digestic, mimonis

I have not heard of the product, you are wise to not want to try until you get some feed-back on it. Have you tried asking your pharmacist?
when in doubt....it probably isn't right for you.  try Wed-MD or one of the online MD sites if you don't want to see a doctor.  It's my belief that anything that presents as chronic warrants a doctors opinion.  You certainly don't want to develop impacted bowls, gut flora toxcicity or overlook a possible blockage of some sort. You need a doctor to check it out. Your talking to someone who takes lactulose 4x a day to keep things going.  It's not fun but it's very necessary.  I wish you the best. Andy
There is information with regard to this product on the web.  It says that it a 100% herbal product, but there is no information as regard to what it is made of.

The company does say that this product is not a laxative and it provides the body with the nutrients it craves.  They go on to say that herbal remedies delicately help the body gravitate towards a homeostasis that leaves you happy and healthy.  

Their website also talks about diet, exercise and fluid intake.

Although I was impressed with what they wrote about their product, what concerns me is that they do not list the ingredients.  

If you are suffering from chronic constipation, then you do need to make some life style changes.

Make sure that you have a healthy and well balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.  Incorporate more fibre into your diet and make sure too that you drink plenty of fluids.  It is no good to have more fibre and not enough fluids, because fibre absorbs fluids and if you do not drink enough, you will still continue to have a problem.  Cut out or cut down on junk foods, processed foods, sugar foods.  Natural yogurt is good for the guts.

Exercising also will help to get your bowels to move.  

If you take some types of medications they can make you constipated.

If you change your diet to a healthy one and drink plenty of fluids and do some form of exercise - walking is a good way to get the bowels to move, and you still have a problem, you should make an appointment to see your doctor.  

There are different laxatives on the market, but you do not want to rely on laxatives.  Long term use of laxatives can make your bowels lazy.  There are solutions that you mix with water and drink as directed on the packet that retain the moisture in the stools so that you do not have to strain.  Your doctor can prescribe these.  The one that I know about is called Movicol - I do not know if this is available without a prescription.  There are also other products that give you more fibre and the doctor can prescribe these.