General Health Community
General Health

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

General Health

I have been having GI issues. I have been diagnosed with the following: Ulcers on the esophagus, ulcers in the stomach, reflux, gasteritis, gall bladder functioning at 52%, and a enlarged liver.  Then this past Saturday I had a CT Scan and it showed a spot on my liver.  Can I please have some insight?
Hello fellow Kentuckian the ulcers reflux, gastritis, could be related to your gallbladder issues-which I would suspect because of your functioning % in addition to the other problems.

Other possible causes of the ulcers: crohn's disease, peptic ulcer disease,-caused by nonsteriodal antiinflammatory medication usage or H. pylori infection, smoking, cyclooxygenase inhibitor medication ie)Celebrex, Vioxx, Bectra, also potassium chloride, chemotherapeutic agents, and bisphosphonate classification of medications.    

The enlarged liver could be related to cirrhosis, hepatitis, amyloidosis-abnormal protein accumulation in the liver,  alcoholic or nonalcoholic fatty liver diseases, Wilson's disease-copper accumulation, Gaucher's disease-fat accumulation, liver cysts- fluid filled pockets which may be the spot they found the other night, adenoma and hemangioma-non cancerous tumors which could account for the spot as well, cancer- which may be the spot, toxic hepatitis, or obstruction of the gallbladder or bile ducts-which would be the most likely cause with the other issues you have going on.  

If your gall bladder is obstructed or you have a bile duct stopped up (and the 52% shows something's definitely going on with your GB)  it can cause everything you listed, the reflux, esophagus ulcers, the stomach ulcers and gastritis-are most likely from the gall bladder which is causing the reflux and esophagus ulcers,  the enlarged liver, and the spot on your liver.

The first thing I'd suggest is having your gall bladder removed because gall bladders have a tendency when not functioning properly to cause more problems than they are worth and can make you very sick. If the gall bladder removal doesn't stop all the symptoms which I would be surprised if it didn't, I'd look at being checked for crohn's disease for the ulcers, reflux, and gastritis issues, and other possible causes for the liver issues.  

I Hope This Helps!     Good Luck.  Keep Us Posted Please.  
My Dr has ruled out the gall bladder due to it functioning at 52% they do not remove the gall bladder unless it is functioning at less than 30%.
Ok most of the same stuff here like, Ulcers on the esophagus, ulcers in the stomach, reflux, gasteritis, gall bladder functioning at 52%, i was diagnosed with at age 13 and i am on a lot of medicine for it now but im still kicking. The spot on your liver could be nothing more than age spots but considering your age i doubt it. If you are also having abdominal pain it could be colorectal cancer, but they can do surgery and get it taken care of. Take a deep breath and just enjoy your life, dont think about whats wrong but whats right. :-)
Hello again my gall bladder was functioning at 70% and all my GB test were negative.  My surgeon told me there can be false neg results and your GB still be the problem.  After many more other organ tests, I had my GB removed and it WAS the problem regardless of the neg test results.  If you do not find anything in your future tests, I would not rule it out regardless of the results.  I Hope This Helps   Have A Nice Night!