How can I treat Exogenous Ochronosis?
I am 100% sure I have Exogenous Ochronosis on my face from the use of hydroquonine.  All of the research that I have found says that it's very difficult to treat, but that laser surgery has shown some significant improvements in treating it.  Currently I am treating it with lemon juice, meladerm (because it has no hydroquonine in it)  and flaxeed oil.  I know getting the chemical burn to completely fade will take time, but currently my only concern is whether or not I am making any progress.  I know it is not getting any worse.  The hyperpigmentation was very severe and I have had this mark on my face for over 7 months now. I have for the first time in a long time been able to avoid the sun for two weeks straight, so the slight improvements I think I may be seeing have to do with my overall paler complexion.  I will not have any health insurance for the next 6-7 weeks, so before I set out to get laser surgery, I am hoping get this hyperpigmentation to fade, or peel as much as possible if possible with whatever will treat it best.

Are there any doctors on here who have experience treating Exogenous Ochronosis, and if so what is the best approach for my situation?

This discussion is related to nair burn on face.
did you ever get any treatment or did it go away over time? i have the same problem and it is horrible. i am a male that has resorted to wearing make up. I dont go to the gym anymore and so on. Please respond and let me know any updates on your situation.
thank you so much
I found a woman who treated here EO - here is her story.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14547

I hope your skin gets better
This is a problem that I have been studying for over 20 years. it is  a condition which is difficult to treat but depending on the stage not impossible.  I am looking for people who are willing to take part in a trial using naturally based products, which theoretically should work, guaranteed no side effects the worse that can happen is the condition does not change. mail me ***@****
Evn i have the same problm for the past 8 months.. Currently im undergoing laser treament.. Lost all hopes.. Plz help me.. Will lemon juice n flaxseed help?..
A large area on the face  is severely damaged due to hydroquinone... Tried all medications... Dont know what to do.. Lost my life... Some1 plz help me.. Guide me in the right path.. I beg u
When we arrived in Greece after a 20 day voyage on a ship - my mother had horrible dark areas on her face.  The Greek woman put some goat's milk yogurt mixed with plain cane sugar on her face and made her stay out of the sun.  The "cure" took three days.  She had to leave this yogurt on her face all day for at least five hours before washing it off everyday.

Her skin cleared up very nicely.  I don't know if cow's milk yogurt would work... but I suppose it's worth a try.
Hi:) i had mild ochronosis on my face for  the past 8 months:)...i have been treated with Ebrium yag laser for the past 3 months for mild ochronosis on my face... It didnt help.. My condition got worse ., i got brown spots due to aggressive laser treatment since i have asian skin.. I got fed up.. And finally.. I found the solution.. Salicylic acid oinment is working.. Along with dat i m being treated with steroid injection on the piigmented spot directly., this injection really really works:):).. Plz every1 before going on for laser treatments ask ur doctor about steroid injection in the affected area... Diz works!!!!!im absolutely all r8 now..my skin is back to normal:) bye to ochronosis and laser treatments:) hope this vil help u:)tc:)
Have you tried chemical peels? I have seen great result from using chemical peels specially tca. I you are white you could do up to 50% but if you darker you could do up to 30% there was I time when I was so down that I will not even leave my house because people will stare laugh and talk. But have help me so much, but it takes a lot of peels for good result. Good luck.
thanks for the encouraging words, please bunmi i need the natural base product and i need your assistance on this condition
I just came across your post, i am servering from exogenous ochronosis on the hands, the worst possible part of the body. Are you still conducting this trial? If so, pls contact me ***@**** or 347.320.6270

Thank you
Hello, I read your comment, i've  had melasma for 8 years ago, I've read about hidroquinone and the problem for healthy, and ochronosis,  and really is so difficult to live with this problem in the face, creams, serum, i dont want to do peeling or laser because is so delicate, i want to know more about your mother's problem, thanks ...this is my email if you can give me more information ...***@****
Can you tell me which dermatologist you went? Since I have the same problem . Pls tell me
Pls tell me more about steriod injection, how many times you have done?
Wu have used 5% HQ for 28 days, but the last two days I was mostly under sun, since then I have a big dark brown patch on my face. Pls tell me any way to get rid of it, please.
I have this same horrible condition.  I was using hydroquinone over 5 years off and on.  the 30 dermatologists I went to never knew anything! I may have well went to a hair dresser to help my face.  I feared laser or peels would make it worse, but if you all had positive treatments I'm willing to try it.  How long after these treatments did your faces stay in good condition?  I'm worried about long term affects.
I have E/O.  I'm considering stem cell fats grafts and chemical peels. but have no idea if it would make things worse.  My skin has broken down and scarred, pitted...I'm desperate for anything that could "renew" the severe damage that taken place.  I'm olive complex, but had freckles.
Did laser help?  That's what started the hyperpigmentation which led to the use of hydroquinone unfortunately.  Therefore, I was hesitant to use lasers to help/hurt it...especially long term
I am African american female, and i have had horrible burns on my face from prolonged use of hydroquinone creams for about six years, I have tried natural creams,remedies, TCA & salicylic acid peels and they didn't seem to do much so I then resorted to heavy makeup(so not flattering btw) until I was on eBay and stumbled across "cherry or red peeling oil" and I applied that to my face instead with a cotton swab and as directed and after 6 months it is nearly gone!! Like almost completely!!! I believe one more treatment I will finally have my skin back! Please try it I beg you! I wear next to nothing in make up now and soon none at all! I've always looked on sites trying to find answers to a cure or treatment bit never found any that help so I swore once I  got rid of it I would post what helped me!!! I'm finally free! - good luck
Hi, I purchased the cherry oil and am waiting for it's arrival. Did you use it on your face 3 times daily and did it itch? BTW - thanks for sharing.
@samsammisosa no don't use it 3 times a day...that's only instructions for your body the skin on our face is thinner and more sensitive so only use it once a day preferably at night for 3 days then stop and wait for it to peel and heal then repeat...if you apply it more than that and before the skin heals it could burn and damage it further
Hi did you have exogenous occronosis blue/grey pigmentation or did you just darken from hydroquinone
And how long before the cherry oil starts to work thanks
I am interested in your treatment are you still conducting the study?
Following...
@Sublime,  my mom also has this condition due to hydroquinone use and she is desperate to try something that can help... Would you recommend any specific brand of the cherry peeling oil? Thank you so much!
Please see comments below... Really want to learn more about your experience... Thank you again!
I meant comment to the post above :-)
Hey, in a terrible boat right now. Ive been using HQ on and off since the passed summer and over being very reckless with my skin and im really starting to lose hope, but I havent yet! When i was a sophomore in highschool i noticed, due to over exposure of the sun to my face i developed a tan on my face and it resulted in my face not being uniform in color to my body. Fast to the summer of 2015, I attempted to cure the problem and start putting Ambi spot treatment ALL OVER MY FACE!!! *Sigh* I know, very stupid, if I could I would go back in time and stop myself from doing it. My skin wasnt really abnormally bad, it just got to me that my face color didnt match my body. Anyways, The cream DID lighten my skin, and I thought I was successful in my attemp, but I also notice my skin started getting blotchy and some areas were slight lighter than others, I ignored it though. Also one day I was outside in the scorching Miami summer heat, and I felt my cheeks having a burning/tingling sensation, and of course I ignored this. fast forward now, my face no long has a smooth texture, My face is QUADRUPLE times worse than how it was when I started,and I have no confidence whatsoever! Im 19 but my skin looks like im 59, it is soooo depressing, and I would want nothing more than to have the skin I had before this **** started! Waking up everday looking myself in the mirror is like a nightmare. Is this anything similar to what you delt with? Do you think it will work for me??
How was your experience with the peel? Did it work?