General Health Community
How can I treat Exogenous Ochronosis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

How can I treat Exogenous Ochronosis?

I am 100% sure I have Exogenous Ochronosis on my face from the use of hydroquonine.  All of the research that I have found says that it's very difficult to treat, but that laser surgery has shown some significant improvements in treating it.  Currently I am treating it with lemon juice, meladerm (because it has no hydroquonine in it)  and flaxeed oil.  I know getting the chemical burn to completely fade will take time, but currently my only concern is whether or not I am making any progress.  I know it is not getting any worse.  The hyperpigmentation was very severe and I have had this mark on my face for over 7 months now. I have for the first time in a long time been able to avoid the sun for two weeks straight, so the slight improvements I think I may be seeing have to do with my overall paler complexion.  I will not have any health insurance for the next 6-7 weeks, so before I set out to get laser surgery, I am hoping get this hyperpigmentation to fade, or peel as much as possible if possible with whatever will treat it best.

Are there any doctors on here who have experience treating Exogenous Ochronosis, and if so what is the best approach for my situation?

This discussion is related to nair burn on face.
did you ever get any treatment or did it go away over time? i have the same problem and it is horrible. i am a male that has resorted to wearing make up. I dont go to the gym anymore and so on. Please respond and let me know any updates on your situation.
thank you so much
I found a woman who treated here EO - here is her story.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14547

I hope your skin gets better
This is a problem that I have been studying for over 20 years. it is  a condition which is difficult to treat but depending on the stage not impossible.  I am looking for people who are willing to take part in a trial using naturally based products, which theoretically should work, guaranteed no side effects the worse that can happen is the condition does not change. mail me ***@****
Evn i have the same problm for the past 8 months.. Currently im undergoing laser treament.. Lost all hopes.. Plz help me.. Will lemon juice n flaxseed help?..
A large area on the face  is severely damaged due to hydroquinone... Tried all medications... Dont know what to do.. Lost my life... Some1 plz help me.. Guide me in the right path.. I beg u
When we arrived in Greece after a 20 day voyage on a ship - my mother had horrible dark areas on her face.  The Greek woman put some goat's milk yogurt mixed with plain cane sugar on her face and made her stay out of the sun.  The "cure" took three days.  She had to leave this yogurt on her face all day for at least five hours before washing it off everyday.

Her skin cleared up very nicely.  I don't know if cow's milk yogurt would work... but I suppose it's worth a try.
Hi:) i had mild ochronosis on my face for  the past 8 months:)...i have been treated with Ebrium yag laser for the past 3 months for mild ochronosis on my face... It didnt help.. My condition got worse ., i got brown spots due to aggressive laser treatment since i have asian skin.. I got fed up.. And finally.. I found the solution.. Salicylic acid oinment is working.. Along with dat i m being treated with steroid injection on the piigmented spot directly., this injection really really works:):).. Plz every1 before going on for laser treatments ask ur doctor about steroid injection in the affected area... Diz works!!!!!im absolutely all r8 now..my skin is back to normal:) bye to ochronosis and laser treatments:) hope this vil help u:)tc:)
Have you tried chemical peels? I have seen great result from using chemical peels specially tca. I you are white you could do up to 50% but if you darker you could do up to 30% there was I time when I was so down that I will not even leave my house because people will stare laugh and talk. But have help me so much, but it takes a lot of peels for good result. Good luck.
thanks for the encouraging words, please bunmi i need the natural base product and i need your assistance on this condition
I just came across your post, i am servering from exogenous ochronosis on the hands, the worst possible part of the body. Are you still conducting this trial? If so, pls contact me ***@**** or 347.320.6270

Thank you