General Health Community
How do i lost weight?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

How do i lost weight?

First of all,  I wanna ask whether I'm overweight? I'm 19 years old,  weight 54kg and 156cm tall? I want to lost about 5kg.which is 49kg..Can you suggest a balance meal plan for me in order to attain my ideal weight? I'm staying in hostel which I can't cook in it... now I'm doing some exercise like stationary biking for One hour and are also counting my calories, but it seems that my weight doesn't go down,  it maintain instead... Can you please help me?
Remember that muscle weighs more than fat.  When you exercise, you will gain weight at first as you gain muscle.  But you will notice your clothes fit better as you lose inches.

You will lose weight as your body adjusts to the exercise schedule.
You're at a perfectly normal BMI of 22.2 right now (normal = 18.5-24.9).  So you don't need to lose weight, unless you have the ultimate apple shape, with all of your weight around your belly.  

As for healthy eating, a big thing is not eating if you aren't hungry or after you feel full.  It takes 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal that you're full, so eat slowly to better gauge how much food you actually need.  

Other than that, eat whole grains, lots of fresh fruits and veggies (which you don't need to cook), don't go in for lots of fried prepared foods, read nutrition labels (especially on microwaveable things), lean proteins, nuts in judicious quantities, etc.  Also, avoid all soda, since there's evidence that diet soda increases your appetite for sweet things.  Also avoid juice (eat the fruit instead), since pure orange juice, to take an example, has more sugar per unit volume than coca-cola does.  Beware of coffee drinks like iced coffee or frozen lattes, or sweetened iced tea, since these can really pack in the sugar.  

It really comes down to being aware of what you're putting into your body, and then making choices about what things you should be putting into your body (and following those choices).  There are plenty of healthy eating plans out there that you can take advice from.  Just avoid crash diets that claim to make you lose fast--they're usually ineffective or make you drop lots of water weight, which just dehydrates you without getting rid of fat.
Thanks a lot!  I'm counting my calories and also do stationary biking for one hour,  but why my weights went up? And is green tea useful for loosing weight? Is the following plan useful for me:  eat Kellogg's special with low fat milk and a piece of fruit for both breakfast and dinner,  and has a normal meal for lunch? And also do a 30mins exercise? will this plan help me to loss weight?

Thanks for your information...