I was awoken by a painful anus last night,
In the middle of the night, I was spontaneously awoken by pain in and around my anus...like I needed to have a bowel movement, I went to the bathroom and pushed but nothing came out.There was no constipation. Just an inflamed anus.

Pushing sort of made it feel better and I went back to bed. It eventually subsided.

I did urinate.

I've experienced the same sensation after sex and ejaculation sometimes; but, this is the first time it popped up on its own at night waking me up.

No stool, no blood, no hemmoroids. I am a 52 year old male, 160 lbs.
I sometimes have quite horrid pain around my anus. Like you, there is never any stool, no blood and I don't have roids either. During my last colonoscopy, I told the doctor and he had a bit of a look see, since he was in the neighborhood, found nothing wrong and said it was most likely a "rectal sphincter spasm," which hurt like hell but are harmless. He really had no answer as to why they happened. He did say as we got older, they became more common. I believe I was about 59 at the time.

I'm NOT a doctor, so I need to suggest you see a gastro for a definite diagnosis.
(They really feel awful, don't they!)
Peace
Greenlydia
Thank you for your very kind reply...yes, they are awful and I am in chronic pain. You're very considerate to reply...thanks.

Dave