General Health Community
Itching deep inside the leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Itching deep inside the leg

It happens mainly when I get into bed.  I used to suffer with itching around my shoulder blade, but it was like it was my muscles that were itching, not the skin, scratching did nothing, I had to push on it. Lately it has moved to my legs, mostly my right side, it is like it is the bone that is itching and I cannot reach it!  It is like when you get that tickly feeling when your circulation is returning. Sometimes it is accompanied by pain, like a dull ache, but not always. I cannot scratch it, I have to press into my muscles till the point it hurts but it doesn't really help.  It has been keeping me awake at night for months and is driving me mad :( I have tried chamomile and passiflora but nothing helps.  Apart for this I lead a happy life with very little stress. My doctor is uninterested and I don't know what it is. Can you please help me?
Tags: Itching, deep, inside, legs, help, muscles, bone
The feeling also travels into my foot.
Dear Jst4us,
Please check your bed, if it really happens in bed time. Sometimes if happens that the moist beds are heavens for mites, also if you have fur or woolen blankets, that also could cause itching. The best way is to expose the bed to sunlight, but as you seems to be from UK, the bright sun may be rarely observed, therefore go for good pest control.
Secondly, some time it may be just your Psycho, my Son who is 12 year old, when he wakes up in bed, just keep on scratching his sholder, arms, and armpits, even though afterwards he never scratches.
For normal alergies (allergies), commonly, we use Pure Ghee with Black pepper powder.
just your nerves