General Health Community
L shoulder blade and neck and chest pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Can reflux cause widespread pain in chest, shoulder, neck?
Yes it can! I suggest you see your doctor, this can also be symptoms of a heart problem!!
I agree with the last post. Normally, reflux pain and gas pain are more localized pain. I would see your doctor.
mkh9
Thank you for your comments.  I saw my doctor today. My blood pressure and pulse were elevated today. She did a physical exam of the areas where my pain is and did an EKG while I was having pain. It was normal. I had labs to check heart and to rule out a blood clot. Last, I had a chest x-ray, which a phone call reported was clear.  I brought home an Rx for esophagitis to replace the Gaviscon I've been taking. Plus, she told me to take an extra dose of Nexium or 1  Prilosec each AM.  
One study found a 290 percent increase in C. difficile in people taking proton-pump inhibitors such as Nexium. The same study found a 200 percent increase in C. difficile infection in those taking H-2 blockers such as Zantac, Pepcid, or Axid.
The acid in the stomach not only serves the purpose of digesting food and absorbing minerals, but helps to kill bacteria, yeast, and parasites that we might ingest.
low protein is associated with many degenerative disorders, including fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, and arthritic disorders.
The first step to improving health is to eat right!
Refined foods like salt, sugar, flour, and oil. These items have all
the basic nutrients removed to prolong  shelf life.
if you're obese you need to go on a diet, drink adequate amounts of water
In a dehydrated state, the stomach won't be able to make the mucous lining that protects the stomach. Adequate water intake will help nearly any condition, including GERD, ulcers,
and other gastrointestinal problems. Take your weight in pounds, divide that by two, and that number is the amount of water in ounces you should drink daily.(If you have kidney problems, check with your doctor first before increasing your water intake.)
Next is food allergies. Food allergies are a common cause of problems.
An acupressure technique (NAET) is very helpful in the diagnosis and
treatment of food and environmental allergies. go to naet on the internet
you understand add www and the ******* (med/help doesn't permit web links) you can also try taking  marshmallow root. you can buy at any health food store take 3 to 5 g of the Nature’s Way product, two to three times a day. Other good demulcents include aloe vera gel and deglycyrrhizinated licorice.