Minor chest pain
my pain isn't chronic but i couldn't find anywhere to type in my question. For the past few weeks my chest has been giving me very light but concentrated sharp pains that are usually in the same spot on my left side,just on top of my heart. there have been a couple occassions where the pain was on my right side. it all started about the same time as i started working out, but i have only worked out about 10 times this month, i want to stop untill it goes away but i tried for a couple days, maybe a week and it hasnt gone away.
any time you deal with chest pain you allways want to take it serious only because thats hard to diagnose without being seen by your dr, if your not feeling right and chest pains are still happening i would call your local ER dept. tell them your symptoms and let them direct you on what to do.
I was told if you can press where the pain is and it hurts from pressing than its not the heart it could be the muscle in the chest being inflamed which does feel like chest pains... I had chest pain for months and months and ended up with every test under the sun with no answer... but they ruled out all the serious stuff, so that was peace of mind for me. good luck
Any type of chest pain should be dealt with as soon as possible to rule out any serious heart issues. It could be just muscle strain, but, then again, it could be something else. I would have this looked in to as soon as possible.