General Health Community
Multiple symptoms: headache, nausea, dizziness, gas, frequent urination...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Multiple symptoms: headache, nausea, dizziness, gas, frequent urination

I have been sick for almost two months now, with a bunch of new symptoms popping up along the way.  I don't know if it's related or multiple problems. I'll be thorough.

7 weeks
- 2 or 3 different types of headaches; sometimes frontal, sometimes both sides, sometimes burning feeling in my temples. Some type of headache almost constantly, with little relief
- Lightheadedness, like I am going to faint. Several hours on, couple hours relief
- Dizzy spells. Once every few days; feels like the room is spinning
- Slightly blurry vision
- Nausea; abdominal pain/discomfort; gas; indigestion; can't eat as much

4 weeks
- chest pain off and on
- back pain (all over, especially mid to lower)
- stiff neck off and on
- frequent urination
- abnormal thirst
- waking up several times a night
- red eyes

2 weeks
- cloudy/foggy head when I wake up several times a night or in the morning
- cloudy head + burning temple/eye when I don't drink water for 1-2 hours (at night as well)
- difficulty focusing eyes;  headache when focusing far away
- discolored stool; first black, then green for a week, now dark brown with white and light brown spots (a fecal occult blood test detected blood in my stool a couple weeks ago)
- burning pain in the same spot in the left side of my abdomen; sometimes radiates to my back

Intermittent
- dilated pupils
- numbness/weakness in arms/legs
- difficulty swallowing
- memory and concentration problems

I've also had these weird attacks (which is how this all started 2 months ago) of fear/nervousness (usually upon waking up) like I've just been frightened (although there's nothing there to scare me) with increased heart rate, sweating, over heated, frequent bowel movements; brain feels hyperactive, "on alert," can't relax, can't concentrate, can't sleep (I've had three or four of these overall, went to the ER twice for it)

I've been to the ER a few times, and they couldn't find anything. I've also been to the family doc a few times, and she's run some tests, but nothing significant has come back.  She did determine that my heart skips a beat every minute or two, but two ECG's and an ECHO were normal (she's sending me for Holter Monitoring now).  Fasting glucose was on the lower end of normal (but the doctor says that's fine).  TSH and CBC were normal.  Ferritin (iron) was low and I started taking iron supplements. There was blood in my stool, but she wants me to do it again (apparently she doesn't believe it?).  Blood pressure is usually around 110/60 (I thought it was low but the doc said its normal)....but sometimes it goes up to 135/70.  This is starting to drive me crazy... it's really hard to work (or do anything) sometimes.  Nobody can figure out what's wrong with me.  Any ideas?  
Hi, is like u ar describing my ailments. I have been sick for almost 6 years now and any action i take to fine remedy for my ailment is futile. The world is like very useless to me because i cannot do anything, i cannot even continue wit my education. I want to study Bsc in Accountancy but restricted.

Please if you fine a remedy to your ailment let me know how you achive that because is our joint-concern.
I wish you speedy recovery and good health. I will always pray for you.

E-mail me to: jallow20 ***@****
Hey guys, both of you are describing many symptoms that I used to have frequently.  It used to really scare the **** out of me wondering what was wrong with me. My doctor ran tests and they all came back normal, after that she diagnosed me with IBS.

I've found out that IBS symptoms are mostly all triggered by your mind. I used to get online 4-5 times a day just to do some more research on my symptoms, and next thing I knew I had 1000 things wrong with me!!

The doctor put me on some mild antidepressants, wich seemed to help. I was also getting over a breakup with a girlfriend when all of this started (I think that played a big part in all of these symptoms starting).  Back in December I met a great girl, and between the medicine and meeting her, my symptoms have almost gone completely away.

Now obviously I'm not a doc, but my experience is that if the doctors run tests, and don't find anything wrong, and they say you're ok.. You're probably ok.  I know that's hard to understand when you feel like ****, but try not to focus on it.  Try to get your mind occupied on something else, and don't spend a lot of time searching for the answer on the internet. :)

I hope this helps out a little, I just wanted to share my experiences.
HI Orange

Thank you for the piece of advise, i think you are right, i to have these symptoms, and i resently changed my lifestyle and started working out and eating right, and wham its started wit the headaches, etc, so i started looking on the net, ,,, like i am doing right now , and i know i should not diagnose on the web , because everything is either cancer or someserious dissease, i jumped from thinking i have brain cancer to cancer of the pancreas to dyestomania, lol, i do have the headaches, and i do feel faint at times, but the ret i think is me having anxiety attacks over the headaches and making it worse, i went to the doctor and he tested my sugar levels and did some manual tests for a brain tumour and said i was fine my blood pressure fluctuates between 140 / 83 and 129/79 do thstd not to bad.... anyway i agree with you, its all in the mind, and if something more serious was wrong i would show more serious symtoms (symptoms) and fast... regular check ups is recomended to evryone sick or not, may i suggest that if any of you also have these symtoms (symptoms) research anxiety attacks. maybe you will find the answer.

i wish you all of the best
i know this is an old blog but what the hell, hehe, i still read it.
Jono
How old are you?  Taking any medications?  Any history of conditions and/or diseases?
Experiencing high stress level in your life at this time?
Hi Orange,

Since two or three days, i have been having symptoms like nausea in the morning, fatigue, dizziness, need for sleeping,headaches, slight pain in my neck, frequent urination and heaviness in my head.I've taken vitamins and it gave me little relief.
Please help me and let me know what's my problem. Am feeling very scared.
The symptoms where you wake at night from sleeping sweaty, hot, heart beating etc could be after a blood sugar low. I get exactly the same, and I have hpyoglycaemia-look into it, and consider changing your diet.  There are lots of online advice.  Your dr wouldn't have tested for it as its actually extremely rare.
Best of luck, hope you get some relief.  
Either LYME and Co Infections or MERCURY POISINING or both.
Do you have almagan fillings or have you ever been bitten by a tick?

I know your symptoms very well and I am getteing better but it is gonna take time.
same symptoms blood pressure up to 198/105 at its highest, turned out Yes high blood pressure, no big surprise there. However all heart ecg and blood tests came back normal.  Then i found a compounding chemist/health professional and he put me on "Bio Ceuticals" ultra Clean EPA/DHA PLus (which is like pure fish oil), and "Nutrition Care" Formula SF88 and Formula 33SE Forte, and "Nutrition Care" Muscleback Energy Magnesium compound. Thing about these brands is they are pure, and simply the best.  the Dr also put me on a high blood pressure tab with an added duretic.  The result is the world has changed for me in under a week.  I can think, I can make a decision, I am no longer in flight or fight fear mode, I am no longer standing in a vortex of noise (which wasn't noise but without it I realize I am quiet).  I feel calm.  Stomach is more active but in a good way as it is purging and settling and not painful or strained or feeling uncleared.  I have been told that the lack of magnesium in your body not only causes cramping but also stops the bodys essential building blocks to function properly.  the entire body doesn't talk to its cells properly, as does all things mineral and essential lacking create.  The combination I am taking addresses all my problems.  I know that if I can feel mentally and emotionally so much better within days, then I will be restored.  the gas/bowell thing is strange as it is not settled but in a strange way it feels like it is now working itself out.  No mor uncomfortable silent pain just a settled feeling, which has moments of  rumbles and emits gas then settled.  I feel this is on the path to recovery also.  I feel 80% better and blood pressure down within 2 days.
I have had not of these symptoms for well over a year. I have not had white bowel movements....I have had vomiting, diarrhea and crazy dreams as well. I have had all sorts of tests and nothin has been found. I have been told its food allergies and nothing more but I have cut out the foods and I am still having the problems. I don't understand what could be happening an why the doctors can't find anything.
The doctors are practicing....on you.  I take lots of supplements to help myself as the doctors couldn't do anything for me.  Essiac is a cancer preventative, CLA is for weight problems,  ALA for my nerves, Zinc to help me heal, Fish oil to keep my skin healthy and my bowels moving, a stool softener also to avoid constipation.  - Years ago when my kids were little I discovered carob.  Whether they were constipated or had diarrhea I gave them Carob (tastes like chocolate candy) and it made them well almost immediately.  Worth a try.
Oooops!  Forgot to mention that I take CoQ10 for the skipped heart beats.  It really helps.
Last night i was driving and my phone rang, i looked and saw it was from my son who lives outside the u.s. and i anxiously answered and told him i needed to find a place to pull over, i took the first opportunity and not realizing it drove over a curb with a jerk, it startled me.  It was dark and there were several cars following behind me.   After just a few seconds i began to get very dizzy, sweaty and nauseous.  I had to get out of the car and felt very off balance and dizzy.  I found my way to the passenger side and opened the door to sit down.  I continued on and continued to have the dizzy feeling, with nausea until i fell asleep.  I never thru up but felt like it, had burps and two bowel movements.  When i woke in the morning i felt 90% better but my head is somewhat achy and my shoulders feel tense.  What could be the problem.
Sounds like an anxiety attack.  A lack of Magnesium can cause that.  I was reading or saw somewhere that just relaxing in a tub with Epsom salts can help.  They said you absorb the magnesium through your skin.  Hmmm something to think about and try.

I had some of these symptons,my friebds and I prayed for healing.Today I bought green coconuts and drank one,the dizzyness and headache left.The nausea also is gone.So I drank anotger green coconut and I feel completely headache and nausea free.
Thanks.
S.Leo
Friends,
Try find green coconuts and drink the sterile liquid inside.It is refreshing and is full of natural nutrients that our body needs.
Try one now and post your commebts,good or bad,I would lijelike to hear.
Thanks.
Numoya.
Drinking anything that is natural without artificial sweetners is a good idea.  We all should be sure that we are not drinking diet sodas.  They are the worse.  And almost all chewing gum contains Aspartame which is a rat poison.  Splenda isn't much better as it depletes the minerals out of your body.  
I think you need to go to a GP... It sounds very much like what happened when my husband had his heart attack. You havnt said how old you are but my husband was only 43, fit and trim.
Hello did you find out whats wrong? You described everything that is going on with me at the moment? Any ideas?
It sounds very much like anxiety. Having anxiety, anxiety attacks and depression can affect your body and health not only mentally but physically. I had it for many years and found I would get sick really easily, suffered from IBS and even got a stress related rash all over my body. Medication for anxiety and depression can help but natural therapies will always work the best with fixing the real problem in conjunction with medication or just by itself before you turn to medication. Try herbal supplements for the conditions even for IBS, see a councillor and try to work out the triggers for the anxiety attacks. Are you thinking degatively? Worrying about things that are out of your control etc. a councillor will work with you on different ways you can cope with anxiety and different techniques you can use to feel better. I hope I have helped somebody out there with my own experiences and I wish you all the best in feeling your best :)
If I were you, (I know this is far fetched) I would contact a parasite specialist, those parasites are usually hard to spot by regular doctors, they can cause a lot of the symptoms you are describing, have you had any fish or meat that might not have been thoroughly cooked, if so, I would seriously consider getting checked, just to be on the safe side, if left untreated, they can cause psychological and physical harm.
Anxiety, you were anxious about the call from your son.
Hello, av bin aving a problem 4 over 2yrs now, I sweat a lot, urinate a lot, not able 2 eat and avin stivness of the neck pls help me, what is my problem and solution am 28yr of age
Hi orange..did u get over your problem..my husband got the same condition except the discoloration stool n red eye..if you can share how you cope your problem, ill be thankful..
Prune juice does the trick every time.  
Anxiety?
I had these exact same symptoms. When I checked the internet it said that I was pregnant. That's odd, because I'm a guy, but that's what it said. So now I'm preparing a room for my little one - nesting - and taking vitamin E and calcium so that my lactation will be easier. I can't wait to be a dad! Will post back in 9 months!
LMAO! That is awesome. I wish you all the best...and you might also want to start doing trunk exercises so that you have a strong core and labor is easier on you. Congratulations on your bundle to be! :-)
Hello, sweetgirl12
You could probably just get a script for an antidepressant or anti anxiety and that will help to mask the symptoms you have. We all live in this same stressful, sometimes depressing, and anxious world. It's pretty safe to assume that 99.9% of us could quite easily be diagnosed as depressed or have an anxiety disorder. That's a reasonable conclusion for the world in general. I would make sure your primary care doc refers you to a neurologist, endocrinologist, and psychiatrist that will work together as a team and communicate with each other, while running appropriate testing for hormones and metabolic issues.
I have very severe epilepsy and a very stressful spring and summer. All of my docs chalked it up to the stress of my chronic condition and recent hardships. I had the exact same symptoms, and friends, family, and docs all were supportive of my mental health and I sought the help of a psychiatrist. Being that psychiatrists are actual MD's, they know a heck of a lot more than any of us and a general practitioner.
Long story short.....My psych cut my very first visit short and contacted my neuro and an endocrinologist. Guess what? Anxiety was my body's response to an underlying illness and not the other way around. I'm actually really sick, but on the road to recovery! Don't assume or accept that stress, or the web causes sickness. Disease causes sickness, and sickness causes anxiety and depression.
Some people truly just need antidepressants or alternative coping strategies, and hopefully it's as simple as that. Don't accept that diagnosis until EVERYTHING else has been ruled out. It's your life, and you should know that signing everything off as 'just stress' might just land you in a position where I'm at. MS is no fun, as is any dysautonomia. Rule those out first, then get treated for a diagnosis made by a multi-disciplinary team who won't boot you out the door in 15 minutes so that Joe Shmo doesn't have to wait in the lobby. You're the boss of your body, and a physician is it's employee.
Best of wishes, and I hope you feel better soon! Or you can just pop their 'happy pills' and forget all about it.
Get him checked for H Pylori
Hi Orange did you get tested for H Pylori?
Hi, what were the first symptoms you were dealing with when you discovered you had MS? What tests needed to be done to confirm? How are you now and what do you do to remain healthy?
Thanks so much for sharing.
well I would suggest a heavy metal toxicity test ...there has been much aerial spraying ...and what they have sprayed may be making us sick ...