General Health Community
Pain in my Collar Bone area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Pain in my Collar Bone area

I have constant nagging pain/discomfort in the middle of my right collar bone area, under or in the middle of the soft area behind/under the clavicle (don't know any other way to describe it- I guess it is the area between my shoulder blade from the lung side and the clavicle).  I experience no other pain in my shoulder, neck, or back to connect this with.  It does restrict my range of motion somewhat if I try to extend my arm above my head.  There is more pain when I lift my entire arm up to about ear height between 355° to 0°N (maybe 5-8 degrees of motion there is much more pain).  I've been having this pain for a little over 2 months now and it is getting a little worse as time goes by.  It use to go away after a few hours now it is constant.  I am left handed and the pain is on the right side- should be much less use or movement from that side of my body over the years.  I did play baseball/softball from 5 yoa till I was about 29.   I quit due to my extreme weight gain the past 3 years (gain of over 200lbs).  I use to lift moderate to heavy weights about 5 years ago & I also played a lot of indoor & beach volleyball up till the end of last year- 2011.  I am left handed though and am confused why it would be my right side and not the opposite side hurting.  I would expect tendonitis or arthritis in my left shoulder or elbow and not so much in my collar bone area at that. IDK???

Any ideas what could be going on with me?  I also have some pain like a bruise in my LEFT nipple (behind it in the soft tissue).  I have had that pain the same amount of time to the day.  I only add it in case it is linked somehow. I have no other issues other than a history of asthma as a child, sinusitis which led to sinus surgery at 12-13 yoa.  Nothing else in my history (minor colds and flues not included).  

Any help or suggestions would be great.  Thank you...