Possible Lead-Poisoning Hazard
I'm concerned that I might be exposed to high lead levels at my job.  I'm a 21-year old male working for a car dealership in Southern California (I do cashiering, filing, data entry, nothing mechanic-related).  My job requires me to make several trips across a parking lot that is littered with a bunch of yellow traffic paint chips from when they repainted the crosswalks.

I've done a lot of research about lead and I know how lead poisoning occurs, as well as the fact that yellow traffic striping has some of the highest lead content in it.

My question is:  is stepping around (or something on top of) these paint chips subjecting me to dangerous levels of lead over the long term (I plan to be working there for quite awhile)?  If so, is there anything I can do to eliminate that risk?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Your best protection is to NOT EAT THE PAINT.

And you're no longer an infant. Lead poisoning *****, but the biggest damages occurs when your brain is still developing.

M_Pounce is completely wrong!! lead poisoning effects us all
One of your big problems is brining it home on your SHOES and clothing! Have  you brought this to the attention of your boss? If you haven't and I'm assuming other employees walk across the lot then I would call OSHA and ask them to check this and tell them you're concerned about your health and would appreciate not using your name.