Swollen lymph node in left side of neck
I'm a 30 y/o healthy male.  I must admit I lead what could be considered a stressful life.  Never smoke nor drink any alcoholic beverages.  Exercise and work out frequently.  Lately, I've been terrified because this summer (July) it was discovered that my spleen was slightly enlarged.  In October, I had a couple of canker sores in my mouth.  Then this month (November) I woke up one morning and there was a slight aching pain in my neck.  Initially, I thought it was a spasm in my neck muscles as I have had the before.  The ache lasted about a day and half and I took alieve for it.  After the pain subsided and was no longer tender.  I realized that a lymph node on the left side of my neck was swollen.  I went to my GP and he said it could have been some type of infection in my head area and he gave me some antibiotics for 10 days.  He said it may take a month for the gland to go back to its original size.  Sitting normal the swollen node seems to be mobile just a little and firm (consistent) but not rock hard.  I've been looking up info online and have become increasingly NERVOUS AND SCARED because whenever I enter info regarding this its talking about cancer or some type of serious infection.  How does this tie in with the slightly enlarged spleen (which the doctor told me at the time is nothing to worry about at all)....as we as with the 2 canker sores I had in October.  I had a phyiscal exam and annual check up....all blood work came back normal and great.  I feel great...just a little tired when I'm not resting properly.  I hope you can provide some insight or answers.   I really want to call my doctor back tomorrow and ask for a referral to a specialist to check this out....testing and give me a definite diagnosis.  Thanks

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec14/ch179/ch179b.html - causes of an enlarged spleen

I would consider speaking to your physician about this. You shouldn't worry too much and your physician could be right..  you may just have an infection. But definitely follow-up and consider printing that article from merck and going over everything with your doctor.

Hi there,

I know exactly what you are going through.  I too have developed three extremely swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck.  Antibiotics didn't help.  My blood tests came back just fine.  I have had about two canker sores over this time period when I first started noticing the symptoms.  At first, I thought I had just pulled a muscle in my neck because I had been weight training.  The soreness went away for a few weeks.  Then it came back, this time with the swollen lymph nodes that progressively got bigger over the next few days.  I have an appointment with and E.N.T. specialist this Thursday.  I hope he can give me answers.  Have you gotten any answers regarding your condition?

Kimmy78
I also have a swollen lymph node on both sides of my neck.  They are round and move everywhere.  Went to ENT and he told me not to worry but i can help to