Upper respiratory infections
I am fightiing an uri. I am on antibiotics and cough medicine. I had an appointment with my doctor today,but it has been moved to dec 20..
What can  i do in the meantime?
Hello halfpint328. I used to get a lot of R.I's, bronchitis, etc. My immune system was way down. Garlic & onions are powerful immune builders. I sautè them regularily when I prepare food, even eaten elephant garlic raw after a surgery, daily for 1 wk. Sometimes I bake garlic & use it as chip dip. Also, it's important to cleanse our bodies, as toxins build up which can put our immune systems down. Every now & then I eat a bowl full of berries & do eat them at least once a wk. It's a good idea to google foods tto build your immune system & foods to cleanse. I hope I've helped & that you're well very soon.
P.S.
I forgot to mention drinking 8-10 cups of water daily. Water can help rebalance our bodies. A good, regular sleep is important too, as our bodies naturally heal during our sleep.
You need to be on a heavy dose of Probiotics.  When you get sick, it's because your innerds don't have enough of the good bacteria to fight the infection.  I reccoment at least 80 Billion (yes I said Billion) flora to repair your intestins.  You should be able to find this at the health food store.
Some probiotics are supplied with milk and these are contraindicated when taking oral antibiotics. Cutting to the chase, most infections are self-limiting. They may be viral, bacterial, or a combination of both. Rest, mild exercise (walking around to prevent clots - total bed rest contraindicated)good hydration, a vitamin C supplement and a good vitamin pill should do the trick. Medications that lower body temperature interfere with the immune response. If the problem continues over a week you need to go to a physician immediately. If the infection is bacterial, there is a probability the organism is resistant that that specific antibiotic.