General Health Community
feel sick all the time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

feel sick all the time

Hey for the past few months i have been feeling sick almost every day. Its worse when i first wake up then returns at random times throughout the day. Lately its been getting worse. Everytime i eat or drink or smell, see or even think about food i feel really sick. I have seen a doctor and they havny really had any idea, just perscribed something which hasnt helped. I countinuously feel theneed to throw up and often do. Often i just lay there and it starys to choke me so i struggle to breathe and cant swallow at all. Its really starting to worry and upset me
Since your problems revolve around food you might want to see a specialist in digestive problems. It could be a blockage, or a lack of stomach acids, or maybe gallbladder trouble. Or something else entirely.

What recommendations for further investigation has your doctor made?
Ive had a pelvic ultrasound and will be having an abdo one. Besides that she hasnt done anything.
Have you tried taking anything for acid reflux? I have acid reflux and if I don't take my meds, I feel sick and gaggy. I have also found that if I leave gluten out of my diet, I don't feel as bad. My nausea is worse in the morning and I am not pregnant. There have been many times when I thought I wasn't going to be able to go to work because I felt so bad. Usually, once I drink water, I feel better. This is my experience, but I don't think it's as intense as yours. I too, have told my Doc about it, but they just seem puzzled, so I deal with it. Let us know what you find out and God Bless.
Today was alot worse as ive been vommiting to the point i threw up blood and ate and drank nothing. Sadly water makes me feel ill also but tomorrow i will ask a doctor about acid reflux. Thankyous for trying to help me
You might ask the doctor for an H-Pylori test to see if you have a bacterial ulcer.  Also have him check your thyroid.  A goiter can get so big it chokes you.  
I had symptoms such as yours a few months ago. In fact I wound up in the hospital bloated and in great pain. My digestive system just seemed to have shut down. In my case I believe it was due to exhaustion related to insomnia, but the exact cause was never medically determined.

I am not suggesting that you have the same problem, but it is something more to think about.
I guess theres alot it could be perhaps i need a better doctor to discuss all things with who will do the right tests. Currenyly its like a grating through my chest one problem keeps leading to another at times it feels like my heart isnt even working right
If all else fails, you might want to see an alternative medicine MD. They are good with hard to diagnose chronic conditions. At least that has been my experience.