itching all over?
It started out with my ears itching really bad, then after a week or so my cheeks and neck started itching. My arm started itching, and when i scratched it, bumps appeared and they'd go away after a few minutes. So are my thighs...But mostly its my ears, cheeks, neck, and both arms and legs. I'm also beginning to develop bumps on my hands too.
Although this may be an allergic reaction to something on the face of it, it may not be.

I would suggest you see your doctor for a diagnosis because your body may be fighting an infection .

The doctor will be able to establish whether this is an allergic reaction and prescribe antihistamines or whether this is caused by an infection somewhere in your body in which case you will need an antibiotic.

Try not to scratch (not easy I know as I have experienced the same fairly recently) because it will make it worse and then itch more.

Have a cool shower to cool your body down (no shower gels or soaps).

Before you get to see the doctor, try and remember whether you have been in contact with poison ivy (directly or indirectly) or any other poisons plants.  Or whether you have been stung or scratched anywhere.  
You may even have scabies.

Cat scratches can cause cat scratch fever.  Even a small scratch that may appear to heal normally is enough for bacteria to enter and sometimes the symptoms (like your itching) can appear about a week later.  You will need an antibiotic for this to kill the bacteria.

Calomine and natural yogurt will cool down the itching.  But only the doctor will be able to determine which medication  will be more appropriate.

Best wishes.
Have you changed detergents lately?  Or fabric softener?  I can't use the ones my Mom uses or I break out in an itchy rash.  Have you changed shampoo or body wash.  You might want to rinse your clothes in the washer with a cup of vinegar to get the soap/detergent out of them.  And a bath with baking soda will also help with the itching.  the antihistimine is also a good idea.  but as Jemma said, you might want to find out if you have an infection somewhere causing the itching. - I have a bug bite that has been itching going on 7 years now.  (I use Gold Bond anti-itch lotion for that).
sounds like you are very allergic to something.  you need to go to your doctor.  sounds like it is spreading.  don't put this off have it checked out.  good lick  maandy876