Enlarged Cisterna magna detected during Congenital Anomaly scan

My name is Jade, I am 30 years old and is on my 32nd week of  pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy. I had my CAS on my 20th week and they found a choroid plexus cyst on the left part of the brain. My OB-Sonologist recommended that we do a follow up scan every 2 weeks to monitor the cyst. On my 30th week, the choroid plexus cyst was gone but she found that the baby has an enlarged cisterna magna instead in the left. There are no other anomalies found. I also underwent Biophysical Score for my baby and the same result was found - enlarged cisterna magna. I tried to check the internet what this means because this was not fully discussed by my OB-Gynecologist. I am now worried because most explanations I read about enlarged cisterna magna relates it to high risk of Trisomy 18, 13 and Hydrocephalus and a high risk of fetal mortality. Ultrasound result showed that I am conceiving a baby boy. I also had premature contractions recently so I had to be in complete bed rest.

Can you please enlighten me about this. What are the chances that my child would survive, or would be normal?
Thanks a lot.

Worried mom,
Jade
Hi Jade,

I am in my 32nd week now and just found out the same thing on Friday.
I've been freaking out and have no idea what to do/think. Can you please let me know how everything has turned out for you.

Chantal
hi jade now iam 34 weeks and i have same case as yours , iam so worried .Hope everything is going well with you. please tell us how is everything going with you cause all what my Dr. told me is to wait until birth for check up :(
Hi, my eldest son who is 14, has whats called a Giant Cisterna Magna, he has had this from birth. He also has Nystagmus (involuntary movements of the eyes) because of this he has learning difficulties. His lack of understanding is quite prevelant. We are not sure as to his future and what it holds, I take each day/week as it comes. Try not to worry..easy said than done.
If you would like more information please do email me on ***@**** I will try to answer anything I can. Doctors do not know whats in storeas this condition is rare. Hope this helps.