Genetics Community
am i done growing?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

am i done growing?

im 5,9 1/2 and i just want to know am i done getting taller. my mom is 5,11 and my dad is 6,1 .
1175033_tn?1309511759
You could get taller. I grew more after the age 15 (i think). The only way to really tell is to be x-rayed. There are growth plates at the ends of bones. Doctors can look at them to see if they are done growing or not. They can also look at you hip bones and they grow in a way that shows if you are done growing risser sign i believe is what it is called.  
    I am actually 5' 9 1/5" also...lol.   I couldnt imagine getting much taller!  I already have to bend over to do everything, I imagine you know what I mean.  
    If you keep growing, and at a fast pace I would ask your doctor if it is abnormal. There are things that can make you keep growing like hormonal imbalances, and can be fixed with the right treatments.  So just keep track of it for now, and if you feel like it isnt normal  make sure you get to the doctor and they will make sure it isnt abnormal.
  Try not to worry about it too much, enjoy being young while you still are.    Stacey
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...