HIV Prevention Community
1 year symptoms

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

1 year symptoms

I am waiting for results and should know soon. I am really wondering what the symptoms would be after 1 year. Would you notice that your skin has aged 10 years after being infected for 1 year. Would you have sores on your scalp. Is there anyone who is infected or has real knowledge as to what a person would notice after 1 year of infection. There seems to be a lot of info about what will happen 2 - 4 weeks after exposure but I can not seem to get an answer as to what I would notice after 1 year.  Does any one know a site that could answer this question
After acute infection, there is an asymptomatic phase that lasts up to 10 years or more after infection. There are no symptoms after 1 year- it is a waste of time for you to be examining yourself looking for them.

Only your test results will tell your status.
common go ahead.. symptoms at one year.. .again symptom at 2 year.. you haven't tested till one year .. i am sure your exposure doesn't contains risk of hiv..bcoz if u would have done unprotected sex..you would have got anxious and would suffered for compulsive obessive disorder...  \
ok.. for your question,.. after infection of hiv.. the immune system gradually decreases..not too fast..your body produces antibodies against the virus... until it can it does..at last.. almost after 10-15 years..u will get oppurtinustic infetions...some may develop earlier.. and even in hiv patient.. it is common to get diff kind of disease which is not caused by the virus..rather other factors are involved..

i gurantee u r negative..but also best of luck for your test result..
I made a post earlier which seems to be gone now so I will ask it again. If at 1 year it is normal to have no symptoms and both me and my wife are having sores on scalp. I have a stiff neck for 4 months. She has runny nose and cough for six months. Both of us have had very obvious skin changes. Our skin seems to have aged 10 years in the last 12 months. My question is if it is normal to have no symtoms (symptoms) at 1 year and we both have these symptoms then is it reasonable to assume we have something other than HIV causing this
Of course.
I don't know why your post was deleted. Check your email- you may have received a warning about excessive posting.
I just reat that you think your skin has aged 10 years in the last 12 months and I've had HIV for twenty five years and if that were true my skin would look like someone that is 250 years old.
You've had it for 25 years? How does a person live that long with it
HIV is not a death sentence if you adhere to medical advice and you take your medications religiously. Most people with HIV and AIDS will live a normal life span.
Just noticed I have swelling under my left ear lobe. I think this is a lymphnode. Just wonering if this is something that would happen if you had HIV for 1 year
It's a waste of time to be prodding yourself, looking for swollen lymph nodes. Only a doctor can make that diagnosis.
I understand that sympoms are not a good way to diagnos HIV. I would just apperciate if some one who had HIV could accually say sores on scalp, loose stools, stiff neck, aging skin, my wifes chronic cough and runny nose are things that were noticed in others at 1 year into the illness or not. I have been tested and soon will know for sure. I just feel that I am in for some very bad news. This swelling under my ear lobe is something new that just happened. Any info on this would be appreciated
Considering the vast majority of people are asymptomatic at 1 year, probably not.

Just out of curiosity- what was your risk?
seek professional mental help for your hiv phobia
Still have not heard. I am very stressed. I keep searching for what else could cause my and my wifes symptoms and can not think of anything that makes more sense than HIV. Does any one have any possible explanations that could put me at ease
Have her see her doctor. You can't get a diagnoses over the Internet.
Well I go to the doctor tomorrow. They had my test results sitting there. They did not call me. I called them. I am in Canada so I do not know the procedure. Does anyone know if the results where bad would they have contacted me immediatly? I have found that for ordinary blood tests they say they will call you if there is anything bad but I and not sure about HIV testing. I am hoping that because they did not call me it is a sign there is nthing wrong but I do not know the proceedure in Canada ( Alberta ). I am hoping that they would not let an HIV positive person be unaware of his results if they did know the results. If anyone knows the proceedure here I would like to hear what it is..
I tested negitive which is a great releif. My only concern now is does the test I took detect hiv2 as I was in Africa where this is the most common type. I am from Canada. Does anyone know if my tested for hiv2
That's a good question to ask your test provider. HIV2 is most common in West Africa.
Hello All,

I request all to comment on my post..

I had unprotected sex 5 months back, before having sex, i had few skin allergies.. but they continued to be later.. after having sex, I had loose motion for 2  months which was not cured even by medication. as soon as i had sex, I had a feeling of feverishness for 2 days. then things went normal.. but due to my tension i feel very feverish.. I work late nights.. and now its 5 months over. Now, I feel very tired, vomitting symptoms(but no vomits) lot of headache and fatigue.. when i went to doctor, she asked me to go for a normal blood test and a LFT and a Thyroid test.. but all came normal. I found my WBC was reduced to 4000... I am worried?? is that I have HIV??
An HIVTest now and your test results will be conclusive.
PLEASE EXPLAIN ME IN DETAIL WHAT IS HIV BORDERLINE IF A PERSON HAS BEEN DECLARED HIV BORDERLINE HOW CAN IT BE CURED
What are the International standard & recognized HIV ? Could you explain me
about all test and results, accuracy? How long the symptoms continues?

When would be our last and conclusive HIV Test?
you have tests that PROVE that you dont have hiv.

accept your status and move on with your life...hiv is not your problem