HIV Prevention Community
HIV window period

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV window period

Sometime in march 2013 I shared a needle with someone, who said they were HIV negative, but I started to have terrible anxiety about it later on. I went and got tested at 50 days and it came back negative. I was still uneasy due to what the internet says about HIV and the window period so I went back at 120 days, which is past the 3 month mark, to get tested and it also came back negative; still I am a little worried because I keep seeing a 6 month period and I am wondering if it is necessary for me to get retested or am I just over thinking it.
3 months is when you can obtain a conclusive negative test result. You way over tested and you do not have HIV.
Thank you so much and for a speedy reply!
There is no such window period as 6 months.It's 3 months--end of story.