HIV Prevention Community
HIV worries
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HIV worries

I am experiencing extreme anxiety about HIV exposure.  I had a brief encounter with someone I would consider to be high risk.  She perfomed oral briefly approx. 1 min unprotected.  protected intercouse for a few minutes.  However I think the condom may have broke  I can't be sure because I was pretty drunk and the whole thing is a fuzzy memory. With in a couple days I was very tired and experiencing soreness in the testicals and groin also twitching of my eye also noticed more itching around the genitals than usual.  At five days I had a "7panel test" for HIV, gonoreah, clymidia, Herpes, hepetitus, and syphalis.  all negative but I later learned it was to early to test.  About a week after that I saw a doc and he said the Clymidia and gonoreah test were probably accurate but to test again later for HIV and syphalis.  I think most of those symptoms were probably stress.  But the last couple weeks I have been noticing soreness in my armpits and a sharp pain near my groin.  it seems to come and go.  The pain in my arm sometimes feels like a rash but there is nothing there.  Other times it feels like soreness deeper in the arm.  I can't feel any bumps is the armpit or groin.  So two questions:

Could the pain in the arm and groin be swollen nodes due to HIV?

Is 4 weeks to early to test for HIV or others?  I can't wait much longer the stress is killing me.

Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
did you remove your condom?
Blank
yes, I stopped, pulled it off and tossed it in the bushes and walked away.  this took place in a state far from home.  The next day I was home and sadly i didn't even know the womans name.  
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
if YOU took your condom off...you would have known if it had ruptured.  instead of a condom...you would have seen your penis looking at you.
Blank
yes but like i said i was drunk, it was dark and it could have been just raped around the base.  but either way ....
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
your symptoms came on too early to be hiv related.

swollen lymph nodes from ars are not painful.

IF SOMEONE HAS UNPROTECTED SEX...a test at 3 months post exposure will give them a conclusive test result...but a test done at 6-8 weeks will give a good indication of your status.
Blank
Thank you for the reply.  One more question. What  exactly is ars?  does it simple refer to early symtoms (symptoms) of HIV?  thanks again.
Blank
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979