HIV Prevention Community
Hiv Scare

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hiv Scare

I am a female from the U.S. In early October I had unprotected vaginal & anal sex with a man I had known for a couple months. A couple days later ended up with a uti & was prescribed antibiotics. Being from a small town the Dr. was being funny & said there's no telling what else you may have & it hit me he could be right. From then I stopped eating & drinking very much. Had alot of symptoms of hiv & prob every other disease. I took the Oraquick oral swab at 3, 4, 7, & 9 weeks 3 days, all negative. Could someone give their opinion of how accurate this test is.
3 months is conclusive, a negative test at 6 weeks is unlikely to change.
Thank you!!

http://www.oraquick.com/

Warnings & Precautions
A positive result with this test does not mean that you are definitely infected with HIV, but rather that additional testing should be done in a medical setting.
"A negative result with this test does not mean that you are definitely not infected with HIV, particularly when exposure may have been within the previous 3 months."
If your test is negative and you engage in activities that put you at risk for HIV on a regular basis, you should test regularly.
This product should not be used to make decisions on behavior that may put you at increased risk for HIV.

.
Thank you for your reply. Oh no, this was a one time event. I've been to sick with grief to do that again!!!
Today I took another oral swab test, negative. Likes 2 days being 12 weeks. How reliable do you think this is?
Didn't  you read the instructions?
Yes, every time I took it!