HIV PREVENTION
COMMUNITY
Is HIV difficult to catch?
by healthbuck, Sep 22, 2011
i was watching the local news and a HIV expert(???) says that HIV is not that easy to catch because the virus is fragile. he basically said that the only way to catch HIV is repeated sexual intercourse with a HIV+ person. you cannot get it on the first exposure. it has to be constant sexual intercourse with an infected person. as he says and i quote in HIS WORDS, "SEX, SEX AND MORE SEX!" to catch the virus. to the moderators on this forum i would like to have your opinion on this. is what the HIV expert says is correct?
Related Discussions
Member Comments (15)
by RainLover71, Sep 22, 2011
It is a hard virus to contract and its very fragile outside the body exposed to the elements but he,s no hiv expert if he,s telling people that you can,t contract hiv from a first time encounter because believe me you can.
186166_tn?1385262982
by LIZZIE LOU, Sep 22, 2011
you want to be that 1 in however many thousands?  IT CAN HAPPEN.

how would you feel if you didnt test and continued having unprotected sex with your loved one?  what if you passed it on to her / him because you didnt test?

if you have an exposure...you test to know your status !
1563685_tn?1310405954
by ricky_id, Sep 22, 2011
We're dealing with two kinds of ignorance here: ignorance about no HIV risk and ignorance about getting HIV. I hope you won't belong to any of both camps.
by RainLover71, Sep 22, 2011
You need to make up your mind what your saying,your all over the shop,one minute you say you can and the next minute you say you can,t,which is it?
by healthbuck, Sep 22, 2011
i was reading dr. handsfeld's opinion on this and he said basically you cannot get hiv on the first exposure. basically what this local expert is saying that it has to be constant sex with an infected person. i was reading an article a few years back that a HIV positive man had sex with more than a dozen women without the use of condoms. out of the dozen a few caught the disease and the rest didnt. so thats why i was inquiring about how difficult it is to catch the disease.