HIV Prevention Community
Possible hiv?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Possible hiv?

So about 2 and a half months ago i had unprotected sex with a girl that i had been talking too for a good 2 months. (we had sex in the middle of june) and we had sex only once but for id say a half hour to 40 mins. of only vaginal intercourse. After exposure i began to get diarrhea although it could have been from me getting really sick before i had unprotected sex. But after that i told a co worker my diarrhea has been goiing on for a good week or 2 now and jokingly he said what do you have hiv or something? But little did he know that planted a seed in my head thinking what if hes right?? Anyways after that i became really stressed out about have hiv i felt as if i had every symptom in the book. I then got a rapid finger prick test at 1 month came out neg then again at 2 months also negative but one thing that is making me nervous is that i feel sluggish and i feel depressed! but it could be because of my fear of having hiv. Also i got a cankersore id say a month ago and its still here! i tried everything to make it go away over the counter meds to home remedies. It could still be there because when it first showed up i popped it and proceeded to keep popping it hoping it would go away. I also keep getting itchy bumps on my legs that look like misquito bites they dont crust over or anything but still worries me. & also i lost weight but i have been skateboarding city to city everyday don't know if that could be why but along with that i have a loss of apetite.  I'd like to know what my risk is because i am experiencing terrible anxiety problems i check myself probably 3 times a day. This is taking over my life even though i tested negative.. PLEASE HELP
The worrying will be over soon when you test at 3 months.I wish you well.
You can obtain a conclusive result at 3 months post-exposure.
If you think your illness is due to anxiety, it is anxiety...
You and yourfriend both know that he made a joke.... Where did you take the test?

I took the test at a place near by my house that offers rapid finger prick test. & yes i know he was joking but what if he was right about it? and it could be from anxiety but theres still a chance that i am at risk. I am so stressed out and i am going crazy. The people that tested me keep telling me that i have nothing to worry about but i just feel as if i know i am infected.
Those negative results you received are very encouraging.
Thank you im just very worried. I feel as if this worrying is taking over my life.
I dont want to give statistical reasoning to calm you down...

If you are expecting reassurance then join the anxiety forum... that;s the place you will get help...

Eat well and sleep well and you will be alright..

Thank you all of you guys