Aa
A
A
Close
Symptoms After Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
Hoping someone out there might have some idea about the following case.

Approximately a year ago, I had a high-risk exposure in the developing world to HIV.  I was immediately placed on post-exposure prophylaxis consisting of TDF+3TC+LPV/r .  Since that time, I have received multiple HIV tests at 4 months, 5 months, and 7 months after exposure.  All have turned up negative.

Approximately 3 months after exposure, I developed a very strange illness primarily consisting of burning sensations and aches in my muscles, lymphodenopathy, nausea, fatigue, and weakness.  It seemed to have initially been triggered by a stomach infection.  This illness lasted around 6 weeks then disappeared.  Similar symptoms recurred 7-8 months after exposure, again simultaneous with another illness lasting 1 week, and again recently at 12 months after exposure alongside another illness lasting 2 weeks.

I realize that, unless I'm an extremely rare case, I'm HIV-, but these symptoms are still worrying.  My guess is that they might indicate a nascent auto-immune disorder triggered by the PEP.  Has anyone seen or heard of such a case?  Any ideas?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You don't have an HIV concern.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources