HIV Prevention Community
Transmission rate for one hetero f-to-m act?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

For peace of mind, any and all feedback appreciated. Quick facts:

- On Jan 22 in Beijing I took an office girl from a club home.
- Condom slipped off, I was inside her raw for 5-10 seconds before pulling out and ejaculating
- Didn't have the girl's number after she left, though I asked her if she was clean (never "rawed" anyone before) and she got very offended and said she had no idea because she was never tested. ahh
- Had a massive panic attack, waited four weeks and got tested for non-HIV stds. All clear.
- I am circumcised. According to this link http://www.avert.org/circumcision-hiv.htm, it can make a significant difference?
- Zero symptoms.
- Starting to panic again, I saw the research for one-time act transmission on Wikipedia is low (less than 0.1%), but I still feel so incredibly nervous (and goddamned stupid) about this.

Thank you.
You had a risk.  We don't get into discussing odds, odds are for the Casino.  Overall, your exposure was not extraorinarily high due to the brevity of the insertive sex without a condom.  Stillm a risk is a risk.

You can obtain your conclusive HIV test results at 3 months post expsoure.
Thank you for your response. "Not extroadinarily high" isn't exactly reassuring with regards to anxiety, but I guess appropriate given the reality of the situation. This is going to be an excruciating two month wait.
Well, unfortunately there really isn't any way to completely reassure you as you DID have a risk.  In comparison, there are acts that are much riskier, that is why I said your risk isn't extraordinarily high.

Keep yourself busy and don't spend a lot of time searching the web as it will only increase your anxiety.
Sound advice. Thank you again. I promise to update this thread after my 3 month test. One way or the other, so that others after me in a similar circumstance can have a frame of reference. Fingers crossed.