For peace of mind, any and all feedback appreciated. Quick facts:
- On Jan 22 in Beijing I took an office girl from a club home.
- Condom slipped off, I was inside her raw for 5-10 seconds before pulling out and ejaculating
- Didn't have the girl's number after she left, though I asked her if she was clean (never "rawed" anyone before) and she got very offended and said she had no idea because she was never tested. ahh
- Had a massive panic attack, waited four weeks and got tested for non-HIV stds. All clear.
- I am circumcised. According to this link http://www.avert.org/circumcision-hiv.htm, it can make a significant difference?
- Zero symptoms.
- Starting to panic again, I saw the research for one-time act transmission on Wikipedia is low (less than 0.1%), but I still feel so incredibly nervous (and goddamned stupid) about this.
You had a risk. We don't get into discussing odds, odds are for the Casino. Overall, your exposure was not extraorinarily high due to the brevity of the insertive sex without a condom. Stillm a risk is a risk.
You can obtain your conclusive HIV test results at 3 months post expsoure.
Thank you for your response. "Not extroadinarily high" isn't exactly reassuring with regards to anxiety, but I guess appropriate given the reality of the situation. This is going to be an excruciating two month wait.
Well, unfortunately there really isn't any way to completely reassure you as you DID have a risk. In comparison, there are acts that are much riskier, that is why I said your risk isn't extraordinarily high.
Keep yourself busy and don't spend a lot of time searching the web as it will only increase your anxiety.
Sound advice. Thank you again. I promise to update this thread after my 3 month test. One way or the other, so that others after me in a similar circumstance can have a frame of reference. Fingers crossed.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.