Heart Disease Expert Forum
A Large Heart
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

A Large Heart

I have bee told by two seperate Doctors at different times that I have a large heart. They did not say an En-Larged Heart. I regret that at the time I did not ask specific questions concerning this. Can you tell me about the ramifications of having a Large Heart?
Related Discussions
238668_tn?1232735930
Usually a warm home and lots of friends:).  Without know what type of enlargement they were talking about I can't really comment. Most likely it is benign or they would have been concerned.  Do you have high blood pressure?
4 Comments
Blank
I do not have high Blood pressure. I have visited the Doctors for resons other than High Blood pressure or Chest pains. I had a chest X-Ray during both of these visits. Which were years apart from on another. After viewing the X-rays both doctors commented that I had a large heart..and then went on to discuss my reasons for being there. My concern is what does it meant to have a large heart. That is beside a warm home, friends ect. ect.. Am I to expect problems in my golden years? Being the owner of a "LARGE HEART" am I to expect a lower/higher than normal Blood Pressureat a later time in my life. Or, could this lead to other problems.
Blank
238668_tn?1232735930
I don't think the diagnosis of "a large heart" made by looking at an xray means anything.  If there is a concern about your heart size your doctor should order an echocardiogram which is the best test to determine heart dimensions.
Blank
A related discussion, High blood pressure was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank