Heart Disease Expert Forum
A Large Heart
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

A Large Heart

I have bee told by two seperate Doctors at different times that I have a large heart. They did not say an En-Larged Heart. I regret that at the time I did not ask specific questions concerning this. Can you tell me about the ramifications of having a Large Heart?
Related Discussions
238668 tn?1232735930
Usually a warm home and lots of friends:).  Without know what type of enlargement they were talking about I can't really comment. Most likely it is benign or they would have been concerned.  Do you have high blood pressure?
4 Comments
Blank
I do not have high Blood pressure. I have visited the Doctors for resons other than High Blood pressure or Chest pains. I had a chest X-Ray during both of these visits. Which were years apart from on another. After viewing the X-rays both doctors commented that I had a large heart..and then went on to discuss my reasons for being there. My concern is what does it meant to have a large heart. That is beside a warm home, friends ect. ect.. Am I to expect problems in my golden years? Being the owner of a "LARGE HEART" am I to expect a lower/higher than normal Blood Pressureat a later time in my life. Or, could this lead to other problems.
Blank
238668 tn?1232735930
I don't think the diagnosis of "a large heart" made by looking at an xray means anything.  If there is a concern about your heart size your doctor should order an echocardiogram which is the best test to determine heart dimensions.
Blank
A related discussion, High blood pressure was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...