Arrhythmia on BP Monitor?
Earlier today I started having a tickle feeling (best way I can describe it) in my chest.

I went upstairs and took my blood pressure with a Microlife monitor, which has an irregular heartbeat alert on it. It says that it alerts you whenever there is an irregular heartbeat that can be caused by or lead to cardiovascular disease. Well, this time the symbol came up for me.

My blood pressure was 131/85 at the time, and I usually run 110/75.

I took my blood pressure several times since then and it has returned to normal, and I haven't gotten the irregular heartbeat symbol again.

Does this sound like it could be an error? I was thinking it wasn't because I was having a tickling feeling in my chest when I got this, but I'm really hoping the machine malfunctioned.
I have the same type of monitor. No, it probably was not a mistake. What did it show your heartrate at? You can have an irregular heartrate for a couple of seconds to hours. So it is not unusual for the monitor to show the irregular heartbeat one time and the next time the heartbeat is normal. Those monitors will pick up PVC as an irregular heartbeat also. PVC are usually harmless.
I just got this again tonight, feeling no symptoms at all. I always feel my PVC's so I don't think it's that.
I thought I always felt my a-fib and pvc's also. I was wrong! My EP put me on a 30 event monitor to make sure I wasn't having any silent a-fib. To my suprise I was having what they call silent a-fib and PVC. I could of sworn I had no episodes while wearing that monitor.