Confused????????
I visited another cardio. yesterday and he told me that my EF could be low due to a viral infection attacking my heart and said within a month or so (my cardio cath was in Nov.) my EF could go back to 40-45% from 30-35% is this true and has anyone heard of this?
Yes, I suggested that myocarditis could be a cause.

When the infection is gone, the heart can repair itself. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen, but it usually does. Be sure to follow up with your cardiologist and take another test of the EF (echo or other scanning) after a month. The cardiologist should give you further advice regarding medications, exercise and lifestyle.

I hope your heart will recover and you'll be ok =)
Well I have DCM , mitral and tricuspid valve prolapse w/regurg. I was told by 1 cardio that my EF was to low and heart was damaged bad enough to be disabled. Then my visit yesterday a different cardio wants to do a EPS and another test cause he thinks that maybe I had a viral infection at the time of my other test (cardio cath.,MRI, and Echo) which lowered my EF at that time and that sounds weird to me cause with all the blood they took and test they did wouldn't they have discovered an infection. Thoughts pls I'm really confused and worried I'm only 28yrs old and I'm married with 2 young children
What made you change cardiologists?  I only ask because I also went for a second opinion which was different than the first opinion.  I had good reason to doubt my first cardiologist.  

An infection would only be detected if the lab was asked to look for an infection.
Hi i read your post as well.  I think that the second doc was right with what they told you.  Because the EF tells us basically how powerful the blood flows in and out of the heart and the doc felt an infection could of effected that rings true for me.  I had an infected molar some months ago...got a major infection in my body because i didn't have it pulled fast enough and it caused episodes of rapid heart beats and atrial fib until i had it pulled.  They did not do any testing for my EF but said that the infection had to be removed from my body because it did indeed effect my heart.  The heart doc explained that we we get any type of infection in our bodies healthy hearts or not that it directly effects the heart. There is so much that can be done to raise your EF so i would not be concerned unless the doc tells you to be worried.  I would do as Is Something Wrong suggests which is change up for your lifestyle to give you the best chance you can to raise it up.....good luck w. this.
I didnt change cardios my cardio sent me to him cause the 2nd guy is supposedly the guru of the heart in south Fla. but I go to JFK Med center tommorrow for an EPS and a MUGA scan so wish me luck