Heart Rhythm Community
I Can Hear My Heartbeat in My Stomach

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

I Can Hear My Heartbeat in My Stomach

I'm a female and I am NOT pregnant but when I lay down at night, I can feel my heartbeat in my stomach especially when I'm really tired. What could be causing this? I mean, I don't think I'm pregnant because I've never done ANYTHING but I'm scared. Why do I hear my heartbeat in my stomach?

This discussion is related to Feeling heart beats.
Hi i read your post...actually feeling your heartbeat in your stomach is pretty common and you don't have to be pregnant to feel it or lots of men would be on the front page of the newspaper!!  The abdonominal aorta is the primary artery that runs thru our bodies and carries the blood from your heart to a variety of areas in your body...so it is common to feel what you are.  Thinner people tend to feel it more that people with a little belly weight because they don't have as much "padding" around their stomach area....don't worry no biggie and millions of people have felt it...
Thank you so much! i feel so much better thanks to you! :)
I totally agree with Cindy - this is nothing to worry about. As long as your heart rate is fairly regular and not too fast, there is no need to worry.

It's really common in skinny people without so much "isolation" - and it can increase with awareness, because the heart beats harder. My doctor said he's really bothered by it - and he was a bit tired of it - because he listened to hearts all day and he didn't want to listen to his heart at sleep. His solution was sleeping on the right side.

I got an ultrasound of my aorta just to be sure. It was completely normal.