Irregular Herat Beats
I am 26 year Post AVR patient my surgery was done on 19th Nov.-06, after couple of months of the surgery i got irregular heart beats and that makes me too worry i went my doctor as well as sugeon they say after AVR it happens because my heart was too enlarged due to Aeortic Regugitation, so doctor prescribed capoten 25 1/2 twice a day & tenormin 50 1/2 twice a day. i am ok with this but if i forgot to take the meidcine even one time it starts again, doctor says that it cannot be removed completely, please give me your suggestion that what i should do.

Thank you
                                                                       hussain21
As you know, don't forget to take prescribed medication.  

I use a pill box, which I keep on the breakfast table. It has seven compartments, one for each day and I load it once a week.  This both reminds me to take my medications and provides a confirmation so that I don't take an extra dose because I can't remember if I took one or not.

Enlargement of the heart may be reversible by itself once the valve is fixed.  This seems especially likely given you young age.  This is something I believe is correct, but it may only apply to the atrial chamber.  I have AFib, which may have been caused by a leaky mitral valve and subsequent atrial chamber enlargement.  My surgeon said there will be some contraction of my atrial chamber after the valve repair, which was done in my case in Nov. 07.

If you have good results with medication, that may be all you need.  You will get "programmed" to taking your medication, still a pill case if recommended.