Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Poor R Wave Progression
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Poor R Wave Progression

I was recently declined life insurance because of poor R wave progression on an EKG done over 3 years ago.  What exactly does this mean?  I'm meeting with my personal physician next week who may schedule a complete cardiac work-up.  3 years ago he had compared the EKG tracing with another one done several years earlier and he (obviously) wasn't that concerned.  I remember him saying that's just the way my heart is. . . .   I am 47 years old and have been overweight most of my life.
Related Discussions
230125_tn?1193369457
Poor R wave progression can but does not always indicate a previous heart attack.  In other circumstances it reflects a different orientation to the heart or a normal variant, meaning that nothing is truly wrong, you EKG just looks different.  An echocardiogram and stress test should be able to answer the question but I am not sure that it wil change the minds of the insurance company.

I hope this helps.
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, what is the meaning of poor r wave progression was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank