Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
what is supraventricular ectopy?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

what is supraventricular ectopy?

My 19 yo daughter has been c/o "pounding heart, trouble catching breath with alot of pain" for the past 6 months.  Her doctor ordered an echo and 24 hour holter monitor.  The echo came back normal with the size of her RA as "borderline" with moderate mitral regurg.  The holter monitor, however, was interpreted as follows: baseline rhythm is normal sinus rhythm/sinus arrhythmia.  Heartrate ranging from 40-146 bpm. Moderate supra-ventricular ectopy as quantified above, NSR without ST segment depression.  Is this a common thing for someone as young as she is?  I, myself, have tachy-brady syndrome with valvular disease.  Is this the same thing?
Related Discussions
230125_tn?1193369457
I am the wrong person to ask if it is common because I have selection bias -- almost everyone I see has symptoms like this.  I don't think it is that common, but I do see a lot of it in clinic.  Tachy-brady syndrome can manifest like this.  

The valvular heart disease should be followed for symptomatic changes over time.  Clarify this with your doctor, but it does not sound like a life altering problem.  The valvular disease should be followed.

I hope this helps.
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Supraventricular ectopy was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Tachybrady Syndrome was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
4610897_tn?1393869202
Joseph Sclafani, M.D.Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979