Hepatitis A Community
Hepatitis and exercise
About This Community:

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hepatitis and exercise

I just got diagnosed with Hep A about a month ago, i felt really sick for a week, but the past 3 weeks I have felt completely normal,a bit tired, but normal.  I haven't talked with my doctor yet, but does anyone know how long it takes until you can resume normal exercise?  I am an athlete and besides not drinking, not being able to workout is dreadful.  Thanks for any help regarding this issue!
Hello,
It usually takes 2-3 months for a person to recover fully from hepatitis A. Hepatitis A doesn’t cause permanent damage to the liver and exercise can be done. It is preferred to do any mild form of exercise like walking initially. Heavy exercises and workout may be started only after complete recovery and after consulting your doctor. Avoid alcohol as even a small amount of alcohol could be harmful for your body. Discuss your concerns with your doctor. That will definitely help.Do keep us posted.
Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis A Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank