What are the precaution to be taken when u have high sgpt

I am manikandan.I had acute hepatitis recently.Now the bilirubin cotent is 1.4 and sgpt is 240.What are the precaution
to be taken .
thanks in advance
regards

mani
Hello and welcome!
What were your previous liver function tests? If the bilirubin and SGPT levels were high in the initial phase of illness compared to these values then it is a decreasing trend. It takes almost 3 months for complete recovery. In some people it may take little longer. I will advise you to take bed rest and proper nutrition. A strict no fat diet is recommended. Avoid oily greasy and fried foods. Avoid foods like full cream milk,chocolate,fatty fried meats,nuts,peanut butter,cakes,pies etc.Drink plenty of water and fluids .Have small meals throughout the day and consume soups rather than large or heavy meals. Consume plenty of fresh fruits, green vegetables and salads. Consult your doctor as to when you can get your bilirubin and SGPT test repeated. Hope it helps.
Good luck!