Hepatitis B Community
HELP !! - Hep B result in - what does it actually mean?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me decipher what my recent results mean.  This is really overwhelming so I require your help.

About me:  I am 28yr, male, asian.  Healthy, with no ailments or on any medication.
I am a chronic Hep B sufferer as confirmed by my results below.

I need some guidance as to if I could get any medication to eradicate or get the HepB to UND levels.  I desperatley want to get rid of this as I am hoping to work in the middle east where they check for HepB!!

I have been referred onto a Hep B specialist but as its the NHS, its anyones guess when I will be seen.

Please advise, my results listed below;

Hep B Core Antibody: Reactive
Hep B Suface Antigen: Reactive
Anti HBc Igm: Negative
Hep B eAg: Negative
Hep B anti-e antibody: Reactive

Can I use something like Entacavir or Alinia to get rid of this?

Please provide any feedback - good, bad or indifferent!

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Fred

alinia is safe since it makes no resistance so yes you can use alinia and if you see no hbsag decline you can stop it

as to entecavir, this drug us active only on hbvdna and can make resistance and cannot be stopped.So i'd consider entecavir only if liver damage is present more than f2 and hbvdna moderate/high

to know if you need entecavir, tenofovir or interferon there are these tests needed:
hbvdna pcr
fibroscan for liver damage
alt/ast
hbsag quantity in iu/ml if you find a lab to do it in your country
Thanks for your prompt reply, I guess thats what the Hep consultant will eventually get more blood samples for.

Turning to the actual results I have listed above.  Can you tell me if I would be a candidate to get the HepB to a level where I could Seroconvert or get to UND?

The two readings that have come out negative (Anti HBc Igm & Hep B eAg), what exactly do they mean?  Sounds silly, but I assume that is a good thing.

Thanks again.

Can you tell me if I would be a candidate to get the HepB to a level where I could Seroconvert or get to UND?

no, only hbsag<1500iu/ml can have high chances of seroconversion with interferon and probably ntz too, so this test is needed to say probability

The two readings that have come out negative (Anti HBc Igm & Hep B eAg), what exactly do they mean?  
nothing important as to clearance of hbsag
hbe negative is good because ntz is more effective (hbe negative have lower hbsag, hbvdna,cccdna in general)
hbcab igm but quantitatively (not qualitatively) can be used to confirm if your hbv is inactive together with alt and hbvdna.hbcab igm <0.2s/co grey zone inactive and <0.08s/co inactive hbv

Stefano..graci.

hbsag<1500iu/ml

What is the name of the test I need to undetake in order to confirm what the above level for me is?  Infact do I just tell consultant to give me all the required tests to confirm ALT/AST, HBVDNA etc.

Will this simply be in the form of a blood test?  Or do I need to do a liver biopsy?  As mentioned earlier I am in good health and on no medication.

Finally - is interferon an injection based drug or simply a pill?  :(
What is the name of the test I need to undetake in order to confirm what the above level for me is?
abbott architet hbsag quantification in iu/ml range 0.05-250iu/ml, all hbvers are higher than 250iu/ml so a diluition 1:1000 must be done for values higher than 250iu/ml.you have to explain exactly this sentence because most doctors/labs are not aware or don t have this test and make the qualitative test instead of this test

fibroscan will tell you amont of fibrosis, biospy s risky and not needed

weekly injection, it can have no sides or bad sides, usually young people have no sides.
i suggest start with niazoxanide monotherpy (it is off label so very difficult to find a doctor to pescribe it but drug has no sides so easly to buy at pharmacy or online without prescription), if you see no hbsag decrease by 4-12 weeks add peginterferon

all hbe negative in our alinia group have had hbsag decline (hbe negative big decline while hbe positive very little/no decline) on monotherapy but be aware that those on ntz+peginterferon have had very fast results (ntz+peginterferon regimen therapy like for hcv)

> alinia is safe since it makes no resistance

Whether you meant;
Alinia Tablets and Hepatitis C
http://www.hepatitis-central.com/mt/archives/2007/08/alinia_tablets.html
?

> this drug us active only on hbvdna
What is "us active"?  Is it "virus active"?

TIA

B.R.
satimis
> this drug us active only on hbvdna

the drug is not active directly on virus and is not active on hbvdna, it boosts immune response by interfering with virus at cellular level, it is thought to boost PKR.

the only clear result we have seen is a decrease of hbsag on 1,5 and 2g doses especially on hbe negative.once hbsag decrease to a very low level you might see and effect on hbvdna and alt too

Could you please shed me some light on Alinia.

What I found;
Alinia® (nitazoxanide) is the first thiazolide
http://www.romark.com/products/alinia.aspx
for treatment of diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium and Giardia

TIA

B.R.
satimis

check our main therad alinia and all the links and documents on it

I suppose you referred to following thread;
Alinia (Nitazoxanide) Sources
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Alinia-Nitazoxanide-Sources/show/1124364

If I'm wrong please correct me.

I also found;
Romark to Develop Alinia(R) (nitazoxanide) as New Treatment for Chronic Hepatitis C
http://www.natap.org/2006/HCV/011006_02.htm

It is for chronic Hep C

This thread is for chronic Hep B
Treatment of chronic viral hepatitis with nitazoxanide and second generation thiazolides
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2670405/

B.R.
satimis

B.R.
satimis