Hepatitis B Community
Your condition? I need some confirmation or support.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that has it.. I wish I knew who all the other people who have it are. So my questions to you are...

How old are you?
Where are you from?
What type of profession are you in? (You don't need to answer this)
Chronic or acute? - Do you know how you got it?
How long have you had it for and how has it affected you?
Do you know anyone else that has it?

I just need some sort of confirmation. When I went to the hospital the other day I saw a 60 white lady come out before me, she looked neat, tidy and well off - the type that prides herself on her neatly pruned roses. You just wouldn't expect her to have it, but then again people would probably say the same thing about me!

This is what got me thinking, any replied would really be appreciated :)
I'm turning 27 next week, I'm from the Philippines, and I'm chronic carrier, I don't how long I got this virus since I diagnosed last 2005. It's affected me both physically, mentally. Up to now I'm clueless where and when I got it.  I know other people who has it too but I don't know them personally.
I'm half Filipina/British and I think I got it from my mother, she got it from a bad blood transfusion. Your quite young aswell.. I found out last year when I was 19, I found it really hard to deal with and with the stress of university as well I've now been put on anti depressants to help me cope. I don't know anyone that has it apart from my mother!
I'll be 28 in August by God's grace. Got no clue how I got it. Diagnosed October last year, but Liver said to be functining perfectly then. This site has been very comforting for me, by God's grace. I had thought I was just a walking corpse until I was researching about it on google and found myself here. I met people here that said they had been carrier for forty years.

I had actually expected to be OK at least for 5-7 years before it getting to teh Liver. I kept doing the LFT and Scan almost on forthnight basis, but unfortunately, yesterday, I was told the liver has been 'slightly inflamed'. I was having some subtle pains around the lower, right abdominal region, to the back and that was how I suspected, until confirmed yesterday.

My worry is it coming too soon, just six months after diagnosis, thought it wont get to Liver for the first five years. My greatest fear now is if this is not the beginning of the end for me?
Dimidine I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm really scared for that day too. I have to ask though - were you told that it would definitely affect you in 5 to 7 years? And as you've found it early I'm sure you'll get the right treatment, it may not be as serious as you think..  After all it was only 'slightly' inflamed. I believe you'll get it sorted though, try to stay strong and not to worry.