Hepatitis B Community
how can u tell if u have hepatitis b or c, before a blood test is done?...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

how can u tell if u have hepatitis b or c, before a blood test is done?

Im curious, im getting a liver biopsy done pretty soon due to the fact that i may have hemochromotosis. Im supposed to get a blood test for B and C. Ive had problems with acid reflux and gout so I got an endoscopy done, and my liver seems to be normal, but is it still possible to have hepatitis b or c, and not know it. Ive also been having dry coughs. I had unprotected sex back in january 16, but wondering if anyone could help me. Got tested for Hiv may 9th. I think its conclusive. Are there certain signs which would tell you if u have any form of hepatitis or not, besides jaundice. Im 20 and soo freaked out.
first, it is very hard to get infected with hepatitis "C" from sex. Hep "B" can be caught from sex. so i do not think you have to worry about "C". you will find that most on this forum are well versed on "C".  just google "hepatitis B symptoms"
Symptoms of hepatitis include dark urine color and light colored stools (just the opposite of normal) joint pain and fatigue.

However, do not rely on symptoms.   It will drive you crazy.  Get the test and hope for the best.  I have a feeling you will be neg.
click search above.  In the search box enter 'travisthescared' (without the quotes). Press enter.
I see your point.
I know it's wrong but sometimes you just want to tell people to get a backhoe....
you know, for pulling the straight pin out of their....

ok please forgiev me for saying that. I know it's wrong.  FORGIVE ME PLEASE!
wow-a classic case of hypochondriac(ism). i would say save your $ for a good therapist before you come down with a psychosomatic illness.(if you haven't already)
yeah im definitely gonna take the test, and get over it. Hopefully ill be negative. Been paranoid these past few months since ive really started to have bad health, atleast for my age.  thanks again
did that..wow  how revealing.
Travis - it appears your worries are about having unprotected sex.

While diseases can happen at any point - your admitted one time fling without protection will probably cause you no problems. *PROBABLY*.

So kick back - don't do it again... Grow up... Find someone you love --- and remain protected until both are tested and monogamous.

Stop worrying about catching things --- live your life. Trust me - you'll know when you've actually caught something.

If you're really worried - go get your bloodwork tested - go get tests done - and stop worrying.

All in all - you'll only make yourself sick.

Don't worry Travis --- all these things are NOTHING if tomorrow the world ends.

That's probably not going to happen --- and neither are most of your worries.

And Travis. Just a hint. You really WON'T grow hair on your palms. I PROMISE.

Meki
OMG  i just find out that i had Hep-B.. and um real worry about my husband n my baby.? i don't know how to tell him that i had Hep-B
i didn't know that i had Hep-B until i went to doctor for checking up if um pregnant ..  when i went back for results she like yeah u are pregnant n u had Hep-B ...when she told me that i couldn't even talk ..
since that i haven tell my husband .and it real hurt me so bad  .. i just hope i could tell him n he well be still loving me.. it real real  hurt for me right now... um keeping big secret from my partner n my family which is hurting me so much ... sometime  when i look at him i just feel sad  and  crying ..life is very hurt right now .but i believe my god is there for me he know ..

What would u do if it you????????????
STOP! trusting that God will just "take care of it" its not going to happen. You are a part of God, so if you want to do the right thing, Just tell your husband what is going on. If you just found out, and can show medical records that you didn't know previously, I'm sure he will understand. If he doesn't, he is a *****, and you did the right thing by telling him.
so y is if hard to get infected with hep c from havein sex i dont get that n i had unprotected sex n was told that this person might got that n stupid me i didnt use a condom iam gunna go to the doctors but i still want to know y thats not easy to catch that
If I was you I would tell him if he loves you then he will stick with you it will be hard at first but secrets are not healthy
It's not easy to catch while having sex it is mostly caught by contact with the infected persons blood my partner is hepc and I have had unprotected sex with him and I don't have it