Hepatitis C Community
1st shot of pegasys

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

1st shot of pegasys

I took the first shot of peg this morning, I thought I was going to have a heart attack from the anxiety, so friggin scared. i will take riba tonight  
The first shot is worst and then they get easier. I let my hubby give my shot it seemed easier for me to let him give moral support I guess.
God bless and good luck you are wtith a great group here and I found lots friends and great support when I felt the worst.
bbj
thank you  : )
My 48 shots became a sort of ritual. The first I did at the liver center clinic so it wasn't difficult because I had the Hepatologist and Nurse there to watch and instruct me.  Then on Friday night I'd take the shot out of the frig set it on the counter to warm a little put on some music make me a cup of tea then get the shot go upstair to the bathroom with the big mirror.  Each shot will leave a purpleish mark so I would take a look at patterns on my body, find a new spot almost like an artist paints a canvas. Moving from stomach to upper thigh knowing this new shot will be always be darker than the rest. Everyone makes their own routine, if someone assist them or not. You will find yours and the routine has now begun.  Good luck for SVR!  
i was afraid id go into shock or  have a heart thing or some kind of failure,  i think it was from reading the legal warning at the docs office and from reading other people experiences.
Hi and welcome. I did my 3rd shot on friday night. So far so good touch wood. This site is a wealth of information and people, are so helpful and supportive. All the best to you.      
I hear what you're saying. Took my first shot last night and my heart rate jumped through the roof.
Hang in there. We are both in the same boat.
Keep in touch if you care to.
M
I really know how you felt not that i am laughing at your post but it did bring me back to my first shot i was the same way my hands were so sweaty and my heart was racing my husband was sitting next to me sound asleep i pinched my fat soooooo long i could not even grip it anymore from my sweaty hands i felt like my heart was gonna stop ticking after about 20 minutes of this i just went for it and felt like a fool after

i did get hot flashes that night but i am now on shot 18 and its going like clock work now 6 shots left hang in there drink your water and be strong you can do this
Are you guys taking ribavirin also? I just took my first pill 5 mins ago......racky2012 your post made me laugh ..  
I started treatment in October.  My first shot I got a girlfriend to give it and a couple more til I got the nerve up. And now its routine.  1st shot and flu like symptoms the first nite. But none since. I also take Ribra. I was doing 180 on the shot until my blood count got low now I am doing 135.  Yeah blood count coming up. I think most SX come from the Ribra but are mild.  I have 9 weeks left undetected at 12 weeks.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Good luck and this site has been a life savor for mr
Dear metrx

your post also made me laugh because it sent me back and after i took my shot i was like OH OK is that all lol i felt so silly but our fear of the unknown is so real im am sure its that way for everyone

But like Debbiemac said above it soon became routine for me  as it will for you

Dont let me mislead you there will be rough times for you but also there will be days where you have a big burst of energy just stick to this site and you will get through this
Metrx

Dont know if you were asking me as well what meds when you asked what meds you guys are on
but ill answer for myself i take a weekly shot of Peg 180 and Riba i take 400mg in the morning and 400mg in the evening

You took your first shot of Peg yesterday and started the Riba today?

racky im on the same meds ,,idyllic ist injection sat morning the 9th and fist riba sat evening the 9th.
Took my 4th injection past Friday and even this one was better then the 2nd one where I started feeling nervous 2 hours before I took it.  This one felt like a milestone since it marks 4 weeks of making it.  Loved throwing that empty box in the trash.  Of course there are many more to come but I find doing it in 4 week increments doesn't feel so overwhelming (we all get through the best way we can :-)  Hang in there and I agree this is a great place to get information, support, etc.  

The best to you!
hello! just took my first dose of incivek and ribvirin. takin my first shot tonight! i'm a little nervous, gonna have my husband give it to me also
vcusell

Just remember you just like all of use were reading alot of info on these meds and from what i did read it had me scared to death also but they always give you the worst case

Dont be scared you will be fine take some Tylenol ask you doc for the right does i picked friday night at 10 pm so i would have the weekend to recover and i can sleep right through it