Hepatitis C Community
Abnormal SGOT, SGPT
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abnormal SGOT, SGPT

Hi, I just finished my medical check and have some questions and would like to have some comments. In the liver function checking, the results were SGOT : 92 IU/L, SGPT : 199 IU/L. Gamma GT: 90 IU/L, alkaline phosphate : 88 IU/L, bilirubin : 10.3 IU/L. I would like to know what wrong with me. Did the high values of SGOT, SGPT and Gamma GT indicated I am suffering from hepatitis.  I have been taken the hepatitis B vaccine injection for around ten years ago and at five years ago, I have checked that I have hepatitis B antibody but not hepatitis B antigen. In this case, will I suffer from hepatitis B? (please note that there is no way for me to get in contact of hepatitis B virus ). By the way, will hepatitis A cause the similar abnormal SGOT, SGPT.. result? I have not checked for this antibody or antigen but I did not have the syptom (symptom) of brown urine or yellowish eye/skin.
I am not a cigarette smoker but I drink beer sometimes, around 3 to 4 can per week.  During the medical check period, I was suffering from sore throat. I have cosulted doctor and took medicine. Will this possible lead to this abnormal result?

Thanks.