Hepatitis C Community
Can you get Hep C this way?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Can you get Hep C this way?

Hello I am a 16 year old female and from childhood till 8th grade (i'm in 11th now), I had the worst hygeiene ever. I had this weird habit of putting my hand down my pants in public (gross ja) so I was wondering if I could've caugh hep C this way because I know my hands weren't always clean when I did this and I used to wear my dirty gym clothes without underwear (rarely) but I'm scared I could've caught Hep C this way? I'm a virgin and I've never done drugs. I was wondering because I read online that the virus can live up to 4 days outside the body and what if I had touched blood and not realised it and I had a cut or something? I also read that hep C needs a microscopic amount of blood to infect so I wouldn't have been able to see the blood and then not realized it and then caught it somehow? These thoughts are always on my mind. (They are really quite annoying) I was reading on WebMD or something and it said the symptoms were muscle pains and lack of concentration and appetite. I get those symptoms quite a lot, but I think I may be psyching myself out. So you tell me, is this any reason to be worried or am I overthinking things and being obsessive?
Tags: Hepatitis C, Hepatitus C, bad hygiene, girl, Blood, Liver, worried, hep c
Absolutely not!  There are a lot of scary diseases in the world and you can't get any of them from what you described.  Don't even worry about these kinds of things.

It's Friday night about 10pm where we live.  Get off the internet and go out with some friends, or find a boy.  This is a huge city.  Go cause some mischief.  You only get to be young once.  
Your at no risk.
I was thinking maybe I could've gotten a uti from havong dirty hands around 'down there' in my underwear but my mom says that you would notice if you had a uti. Is she right?
Listen to your Mom.  UTI can be very unpleasant.   She is right....you would know.
Browse or ask questions about uti at Urinary Tract Infection Community
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Urinary-Tract-Infection/show/1204

This forum is about Hepatitis C and related issues. if you have other medical questions click the forum tab at the top and browse through the list of forums for the appropriate ones depending on your questions or concerns.

You should really try to practice good hygiene. It helps to keep you healthy physically and mentally.

one of many sites googling
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/personal-hygiene-20-tips-for-better-personal-care/articleshow/17371587.cms
Well I've had very good hygiene for about 4 years now so at least I'm not doing any of those things anymore.